Phuket sandbox application taking forever

For anyone reading this, here's some advice when booking a Thailand Pass:

- Be as flexible as possible with your dates, just in case  travel rules change or pass takes a while

- Book a hotel with free cancellation as close as possible to the arrival date. If the pass hasn't  arrived you can always change or cancel without  being left out  of pocket

- Book plane tickets with flexible dates and free changes or cancellations.  Emirates are pretty good for this and it's worth paying extra for flexible tickets. I was due to fly before Christmas but caught covid and had to change dates  and airport from BKK to HKT,  which was easy and free to do on their app

- Use  an agent  to submit the application or fix an existing one. I used @ThaiVisaCentre to update mine and approval came within 24 hours. Pay a bit extra for the peace of mind knowing someone  experienced is handling your application

- Check and double check the documents while submitting

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 3:09 PM, RandolphGB said:

For anyone reading this, here's some advice when booking a Thailand Pass:

- Be as flexible as possible with your dates, just in case  travel rules change or pass takes a while

- Book a hotel with free cancellation as close as possible to the arrival date. If the pass hasn't  arrived you can always change or cancel without  being left out  of pocket

- Book plane tickets with flexible dates and free changes or cancellations.  Emirates are pretty good for this and it's worth paying extra for flexible tickets. I was due to fly before Christmas but caught covid and had to change dates  and airport from BKK to HKT,  which was easy and free to do on their app

- Use  an agent  to submit the application or fix an existing one. I used @ThaiVisaCentre to update mine and approval came within 24 hours. Pay a bit extra for the peace of mind knowing someone  experienced is handling your application

- Check and double check the documents while submitting

I would add on keep on making new pass application. I ended up with two codes and entered on the latest one. 

On 1/13/2022 at 5:47 PM, Jaymatheson said:

Thailand Pass does not approve Phuket Sandbox applications.  It goes through their website but the permit is issued through the Phuket government.... via an office / entity in Nakhon Si Thammarat. 

Unbelievable. What a shambolic service. I was thinking of going but having second thoughts if all they do is keep you dangling.