Pfizer booster after two Sinovac jabs are most effective against Delta, Omicron

snoop1130

Just now, Seeall said:
4 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Phuket.win  (Yellow tab at the bottom...boosters for foreigners)

https://xn--12cmj6ba0a7b3g4a6fud5d2a.com/

Thanks but thats for sinocrap jab users....

Check for the eligibility for the 3rd dose for expats and migrant workers who received their 2nd dose Sinovac vacination already in Phuket.

Check for the eligibility for the 3rd dose for expats and migrant workers who received their 2nd dose Sinovac vacination already in Phuket.

13 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Thanks but thats for sinocrap jab users....

Try to enter your details anyway... Others who had first AZ shots successfully booked the booster using this button... (this is for Phuket only)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Except, their little comparison list above seems to have entirely avoided any mention of what happens when you use the Moderna vaccine as the third booster dose.

And likewise, no mention of what produces the best results when people have had two initial doses of Moderna or two initial doses of Pfizer followed by a booster dose of one or the other.

The comparisons they're doing are a pretty blinkered look.

There are very few people in Thailand who received two initial doses of Moderna or Pfizer, why would the Thais care about studying cases like these? Money is better spend for studying the most applicable cases.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gearbox said:

There are very few people in Thailand who received two initial doses of Moderna or Pfizer, why would the Thais care about studying cases like these? Money is better spend for studying the most applicable cases.

Because it's misleading to say without qualification that some particular option is the best ("generate[s] the highest level of immune response"), if you're only including a limited set of options, and excluding others that exist.

The report misleadingly makes it sound like two Sinovac doses followed by a Pfizer vaccine is the best vaccination package a person can get, period -- which of course, isn't even remotely true.

They did NOT say.... the two Sinovac and one Pfizer dose set generates the best immune response among the limited and somewhat inferior range of vaccine options originally available to most Thais. They simply claimed, 2S+1P is the best, which it simply isn't.

Also, at least among expats and some Thais too probably, there are folks who've gone abroad to get their initial two doses of Pfizer and Moderna (because they weren't originally available in Thailand) and now are in need of boosters. So there are 2P and 2M folks about, including ones posting here.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 2

I would disagree with this emphasis on boosters for everyone. The latest from the US indicates that 75%÷ of those who died from Covid had 4+ comorbidities. Given the vaccines do little to prevent Omicron transmission, and Omicron's less virulent nature, this would suggest that targeted, as opposed to mass vaccination, might be the way to go. Protect the vulnerable, the rest probably have a miniscule chance of being seriously affected, and the sooner we develop herd immunity the better for everybody.

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

If Sinovac is ineffective, please explain scientifically how Indonesia's rate of infection is so low recently (past four months) considering it has the same population size as the USA with a lower vaccination rate.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/indonesia/

I won't even mention other countries which use mostly Sinovac/Sinopharm with similar results.

Indonesia use mostly Sinovac unlike Thailand. 

How about because the quality of public health reporting varies greatly by country? IHME, The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, does compare the reported deaths by governments to the actual excess mortality.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/global?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

But to do that, they need enough information. Apparently, Indonesia doesn't provide that. There are plenty of countries, that do, though, and  in those that primarily used Siinovac, the facts are clear. Stop cherry-picking.                          

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Oh where? How?

9 milliin have been given boosters already they even were giving phifzer boosters in our village yesterday morning walk in and get one. many provinces have been giving them before Xmas 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Two doses of Sinovac and a booster dose of Pfizer vaccines generate the highest level of immune response against the Delta and Omicron variants, measured at 1,143 Geometric Mean Titer (GMT) and 531 GMT respectively, according to initial findings from Siriraj Clinical Research Centre.

How convenient.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Or from Edinburgh University:

“The good news is that whether you had AZ or Pfizer as your first two doses and whether you have Pfizer or Moderna as your booster, there is a marked increase in both your neutralising antibody concentration (on average a more than 20-fold increase) and your T cell response (on average an approximately 3 fold boost) against both the original Wuhan virus and against the Delta variant.

Good news... I had 2X Astra and now wait for the end of this month to qualify for a booster.. just have to wait and see what my local health authority offer then.

Mid December they did a 2 day booster centre at Rajabhat Uni, unfortunately that was too early for me.

2X Sinovac they offered Astra

2X Astra they offered Pfizer.

I'll have to wait for the next session.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Phuket.win  (Yellow tab at the bottom...boosters for foreigners)

https://xn--12cmj6ba0a7b3g4a6fud5d2a.com/

I’ve looked at that web portal several times and followed the link you’ve posted. It always comes to the same page which states that the third dose is for expats and migrant workers who have had two sinovac jabs.

I’ve had two AZ jabs and when I enter my passport details, it says I am not eligible for a booster

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sallecc said:

Try to enter your details anyway... Others who had first AZ shots successfully booked the booster using this button... (this is for Phuket only)

I’ve tried several times. It always says I am not eligible 

edit: I just tried again and even though it says it’s for those who had two sinovac, this time my details were accepted and I’ve been given an appointment for tomorrow!

seems amazingly haphazard but it seems it can work.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sallecc said:

Well yes a Pfizer booster showed up for me ( 2 x AZ prior ) after entering my OLD passport number in for tomorrow at Phuket Stadium. Anyway I was Moderna boosted in Bangkok paid 1650 baht 2 weeks ago. Strange that my new passport number stated not eligible for 3rd when my certificate has new PP and Mor Prom has new PP with bar code........perhaps jab bouncing around between Phuket and BKK is confusing the system....whatever.....

Edited by CANSIAM

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

If Sinovac is ineffective, please explain scientifically how Indonesia's rate of infection is so low recently (past four months) considering it has the same population size as the USA with a lower vaccination rate.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/indonesia/

I won't even mention other countries which use mostly Sinovac/Sinopharm with similar results.

Indonesia use mostly Sinovac unlike Thailand. 

That's amazing. I wonder what they are doing to have had that kind of success. 

13 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

That's amazing. I wonder what they are doing to have had that kind of success. 

53% fully vaccinated with Sinopharm, restricted travel and high rate of mask and social distancing compliance.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/indonesia/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, smedly said:

who to believe, Thailand seems to have a tendency to make many claims that are never submitted for peer review and therefore are simply words that are meaningless

So let me get this straight, 2 sinovac with a pfizer booster is better than 2 pfizer's with a pfizer booster. That makes a whole lot of since. There must be a big load of Sinovac coming soon???

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

So let me get this straight, 2 sinovac with a pfizer booster is better than 2 pfizer's with a pfizer booster. That makes a whole lot of since. There must be a big load of Sinovac coming soon???

Correct big load coming.....  no mistakes are ever made in the Kingdom.......

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2