Pfizer booster after two Sinovac jabs are most effective against Delta, Omicron

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'll go with the data from Yale University study and the Hong Kong Study:

According to the study again, a two-dose injection of Sinovac followed by an injection of a Pfizer-BioNTech booster dose only produced antibodies similar to two doses of Ribonucleic Acid or mRNA Messenger type vaccine.

The antibody level to Omicron was 6.3 times lower when compared to the original variant and 2.7 times lower when compared to Delta.

One of the researchers, Akiko Iwasaki, said in a tweet on Twitter that the CoronaVac vaccine recipients may need two more booster doses to achieve a level of protection against Omicron.

https://asianewstoday.com/sinovac-dose-pfizer-booster-dose-is-less-effective-against-omicron/

Or from Edinburgh University:

“The good news is that whether you had AZ or Pfizer as your first two doses and whether you have Pfizer or Moderna as your booster, there is a marked increase in both your neutralising antibody concentration (on average a more than 20-fold increase) and your T cell response (on average an approximately 3 fold boost) against both the original Wuhan virus and against the Delta variant.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-cov-boost-study-investigating-safety-and-immunogenicity-of-seven-covid-19-vaccines-as-a-third-dose-following-two-doses-of-either-oxford-astrazeneca-or-pfizer/

Ah that's useful. I had AZx2 now need to know best booster. I have a choice of M or P. So I guess either will be OK. I'm in Pattaya  today  was offered chance to book Moderna, 1600bht but EDD March..but I'm due 26 Jan on a 3 month cycle.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, EricTh said:

If Sinovac is ineffective, please explain scientifically how Indonesia's rate of infection is so low recently (past four months) considering it has the same population size as the USA with a lower vaccination rate.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/indonesia/

I won't even mention other countries which use mostly Sinovac/Sinopharm with similar results.

Indonesia use mostly Sinovac unlike Thailand. 

The sinovac/parm debate really fired the imagination  of the mainly non resident Thai haters and bitter Thai  bashers...lol Don't get em started on brown envelopes, lady boys and wipp offs....lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

I've had the gold standard, one AZ, one Pfizer and one Moderna. One of my friends thinks he had omicron last week and his GP agreed although he did not get tested. A PCR test in my state in Australia requires lining up for hours to get a result several days later and rapid test kits are unavailable.

• Haha 1

Booster from Sinovac?  

That's one way to put it.  

Allow me to put it another way.  Sinovacs efficacy against coronavirus is nothing short of,, um, interesting... If you put something that works in your arm the results are astounding!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Ah that's useful. I had AZx2 now need to know best booster. I have a choice of M or P. So I guess either will be OK. I'm in Pattaya  today  was offered chance to book Moderna, 1600bht but EDD March..but I'm due 26 Jan on a 3 month cycle.

Where was Moderna in March offered? I've had my Moderna booster. Just thinking about putting a few in the bank for family or friends

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Except, their little comparison list above seems to have entirely avoided any mention of what happens when you use the Moderna vaccine as the third booster dose.

And likewise, no mention of what produces the best results when people have had two initial doses of Moderna or two initial doses of Pfizer followed by a booster dose of one or the other.

The comparisons they're doing are a pretty blinkered look.

I suspect that they reasoned that the difference between Moderna and Pfizer as a booster after Sinovac would not have produced drastically different results. Easier to just choose one or the other as it halved the number of subjects required for the trial.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

halved the number of subjects required for the trial.

There is no mention of how many people were in the control groups.

With 55 million doses used to vaccinate Thais with Sinovac, finding participants should be no problem.

Why no Sinopharm should be another question.

Edited by MrJ2U

20 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

There is no mention of how many people were in the control groups.

With 55 million doses used to vaccinate Thais with Sinovac, finding participants should be no problem.

Why no Sinopharm should be another question.

I didn't say it was problem finding them. I said it would double the work load for minimal gain. I think it can safely be said that the difference between Pfizer and Moderna as a booster would be minimal and they probably know that..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1