Pfizer booster after two Sinovac jabs are most effective against Delta, Omicron

snoop1130

14 hours ago, EricTh said:

What is this GMT immune response thing? Is this a new invention?

I wonder any big pharma companies paid for this new terminology.

It's Thailand!!!  555!  555!

Everywhere else it is Zulu or Greenwich Mean Time.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Because it's misleading to say without qualification that some particular option is the best ("generate[s] the highest level of immune response"), if you're only including a limited set of options, and excluding others that exist.

The report misleadingly makes it sound like two Sinovac doses followed by a Pfizer vaccine is the best vaccination package a person can get, period -- which of course, isn't even remotely true.

They did NOT say.... the two Sinovac and one Pfizer dose set generates the best immune response among the limited and somewhat inferior range of vaccine options originally available to most Thais. They simply claimed, 2S+1P is the best, which it simply isn't.

Also, at least among expats and some Thais too probably, there are folks who've gone abroad to get their initial two doses of Pfizer and Moderna (because they weren't originally available in Thailand) and now are in need of boosters. So there are 2P and 2M folks about, including ones posting here.

Did you read the original report? I don't see a link to it, and is probably in Thai. It could be that the journalists spiced up the conclusions.

As for the expats with 2 mrna shots, there are enough studies in the home countries for them. No need the Thais to do a separate study. How many studies were done in UK or US about the Chinese and Russian vaccines? Close to zero, as these vaccines were not used in the vaccination programs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Right, and you have all the answers? If we really want to be confused lets ask DR. Fauci.

I have an opinion that I based on data, the virus has changed - are aware of that, are you aware of what has changed - because of changes vaccines are are no longer as effective if at all, AZ and mRNA vaccines  were developed to target a very specific protein from the original virus and generally remained effective up to and including delta, that is no longer the case with omicron.

you said - because these people are crazy, one day a vaccine is good next day it's bad we are all guinea pigs with a mask on.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

I have an opinion that I based on data, the virus has changed - are aware of that, are you aware of what has changed - because of changes vaccines are are no longer as effective if at all, AZ and mRNA vaccines  were developed to target a very specific protein from the original virus and generally remained effective up to and including delta, that is no longer the case with omicron.

you said - because these people are crazy, one day a vaccine is good next day it's bad we are all guinea pigs with a mask on.

I have said all I want to say about these vaccines, you have your opinion and I have mine, the end.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'll go with the data from Yale University study and the Hong Kong Study:

According to the study again, a two-dose injection of Sinovac followed by an injection of a Pfizer-BioNTech booster dose only produced antibodies similar to two doses of Ribonucleic Acid or mRNA Messenger type vaccine.

The antibody level to Omicron was 6.3 times lower when compared to the original variant and 2.7 times lower when compared to Delta.

One of the researchers, Akiko Iwasaki, said in a tweet on Twitter that the CoronaVac vaccine recipients may need two more booster doses to achieve a level of protection against Omicron.

https://asianewstoday.com/sinovac-dose-pfizer-booster-dose-is-less-effective-against-omicron/

Or from Edinburgh University:

“The good news is that whether you had AZ or Pfizer as your first two doses and whether you have Pfizer or Moderna as your booster, there is a marked increase in both your neutralising antibody concentration (on average a more than 20-fold increase) and your T cell response (on average an approximately 3 fold boost) against both the original Wuhan virus and against the Delta variant.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-cov-boost-study-investigating-safety-and-immunogenicity-of-seven-covid-19-vaccines-as-a-third-dose-following-two-doses-of-either-oxford-astrazeneca-or-pfizer/

much better info .....sinocrap no thanks....

13 hours ago, Seeall said:

Thanks but thats for sinocrap jab users....

Check for the eligibility for the 3rd dose for expats and migrant workers who received their 2nd dose Sinovac vacination already in Phuket.

Check for the eligibility for the 3rd dose for expats and migrant workers who received their 2nd dose Sinovac vacination already in Phuket.

The booster is the Pfizer vaccine.

14 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

It doesn't mention how many people participated in the study.

The whole thing sounds like a very badly done study to promote Thailand's use of Sinovac and Astra Zeneca.

AZ is used all over the world with great success. Because it was distributed  at minimal profit it was the victim of a smear campaign.

• Like 1

After two AZ for me and 3 Sinovac for the Thai girl we have covid. This seems pretty mild. We're running a low grade fevers and some congestion and coughing but we're feeling better already after a couple of days. Quarantining, of course, till we have a couple of negative tests in a row. 

We were trying to report our status to the various government numbers, but gave up when we weren't able to contact anyone! We'll just isolate at home. 

But now I'm wondering what I should do about getting a booster after getting covid? I'm due to get one this month but does anyone know what I should do? I've read that after getting covid you're highly unlikely to get another round of covid for at least 3 months, maybe years. 

• Like 1

I had 2 Astra Zeneca shots, latest in October. I was infected with Covid (probably Omicron) around New Years' and got sick for 10 days. The sickness was very similar to a regular flu, that I get once or twice a year both in terms of symptoms and duration. 

Doesn't seem that the vaccines did anything at all, except make me sick for total of 4-5 days from the vaccines themselves. 

Maybe all these boosters are not such a good idea and doing more harm than good.  

The EMA official raised concerns that a strategy of giving boosters every four months hypothetically poses the risk of overloading people's immune systems and leading to fatigue in the population.    https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/eu-drug-regulator-says-more-data-needed-impact-omicron-vaccines-2022-01-11/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Ah that's useful. I had AZx2 now need to know best booster. I have a choice of M or P. So I guess either will be OK. I'm in Pattaya  today  was offered chance to book Moderna, 1600bht but EDD March..but I'm due 26 Jan on a 3 month cycle.

i had 2x AZ then booster Pfizer it was recommended  had no problems with it and it was free all done professionally 

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This story was debunked here

Your "debunking" was for a Bloomberg article. I posted an article from Reuters and a different reporter. Are you saying all these reporters are engaged in a conspiracy?

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

same journalist and research

Here is a direct quote. Not a "misrepresentation." Not a "report." A direct quote.  

The EMA’s Cavaleri said Tuesday that “repeated vaccinations within short intervals will not represent a sustainable long-term strategy.”

“If we have a strategy in which we give boosters every four months, we will end up potentially having problems with immune response ... so we should be careful with not overloading the immune system with repeated immunization,” he said.     https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/should-we-treat-covid-like-the-flu-europe-is-starting-to-think-so.html

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'll go with the data from Yale University study and the Hong Kong Study:

According to the study again, a two-dose injection of Sinovac followed by an injection of a Pfizer-BioNTech booster dose only produced antibodies similar to two doses of Ribonucleic Acid or mRNA Messenger type vaccine.

The antibody level to Omicron was 6.3 times lower when compared to the original variant and 2.7 times lower when compared to Delta.

One of the researchers, Akiko Iwasaki, said in a tweet on Twitter that the CoronaVac vaccine recipients may need two more booster doses to achieve a level of protection against Omicron.

https://asianewstoday.com/sinovac-dose-pfizer-booster-dose-is-less-effective-against-omicron/

Or from Edinburgh University:

“The good news is that whether you had AZ or Pfizer as your first two doses and whether you have Pfizer or Moderna as your booster, there is a marked increase in both your neutralising antibody concentration (on average a more than 20-fold increase) and your T cell response (on average an approximately 3 fold boost) against both the original Wuhan virus and against the Delta variant.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-cov-boost-study-investigating-safety-and-immunogenicity-of-seven-covid-19-vaccines-as-a-third-dose-following-two-doses-of-either-oxford-astrazeneca-or-pfizer/

I was told same. I had first two Pfizer, booster Moderna.

ok, so the Silver Bullet is Pfizer now ? ????????????

For how long ?
That Pfizer, for which some countries are already discussing the 2nd “booster” shot…

Can you imagine this happening with Polio, Measles etc.?

In essence, we are not observing “breakthrough infections”

- we are observing a massive vaccination FAILURE !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smedly said:

don't knock it, although the data on delta somewhat discredits this assessment that might not be the case for omicron, sinovac is a whole virus vector vaccine which in fact might offer more protection, there is also now evidence that infection from the common cold also offers some immunity, mRNA vaccines are more specific and developed to react to the very specific spike protien - not so for sinovac, it appears that T cells are now playing a very big part in protecting people - one of the many mechanisms that our highly complex immune system protects us 

I suggest everyone watch the latest presentation from Dr John Campbell which also has some other positive study data concerning Omicron - all very positive indeed 

I am delighted to read your post on the value of Sinovac vaccines . 

I have listened to Mr Cambell many times as many others have . Informative and much to be learnt from him . 

• Like 1