Thai police are doing a wonderful job - stop blaming us for everything or face jail, says RTP spokesman

webfact

Dont you love it... 

A country where you cant give a bad review on a <deleted> Hotel or bad  food ???? to jail for you? 

Now this ????  having his say he has to be related to Anutin 16 th cousin or something. 

The Country that never excepts blame for their actions. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Maj-Gen Yingyot Thepjamnong said that the RTP were doing an absolutely wonderful job solving crime, investigating wrong doing and generally catching the bad guys. 

Well I am only using a Google translate but nowhere in the original linked Siam Rath article does it even come close to saying this. The closest is:

"Pol Maj. Gen. Yingyot said that the police are on duty to prevent and suppress crime. for safety and facilitate the people This may create dissatisfaction with those who break the law. Until the point of insulting or using vulgar words, speaking insults, insulting the police officers who have performed such duties, which in many cases the court has already sentenced."

On 1/13/2022 at 11:34 AM, richard_smith237 said:

This says all it needs to about what is wrong with policing in Thailand.....

.... juvenile ego’s who simply have no concept of reality beyond the combination of their own greed, apathy and sense of entitlement.... 

The RTP and the guys with their fancy paid for ranks are doing a good job, posing in their nice uniforms, and polishing their medals, the rest of their bling, and nothing else.

This has to be about the worst translation of a Thai news article onto AN/TV but that hasn't stopped the AN/TV faithful from spewing the same old critiques of the RTP even though those critiques really have nothing to do with the content of the Thai language version in the OP.

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

ssssshhh..........Vorayudh Yoovidhya, Red Bull heir

He comes from a very influential family that will have ties at the very top, of course he wouldn't have gone to jail, the family of the deceased policeman would have received a substantial pay out in exchange for not pushing for Boss to be prosecuted.

The Family have been satisfied, a Billionaire has paid out some money, it's the way things are.

If a Farang had been in the same position as Boss and had the means to pay the family off and whoever else they needed to pay to avoid prosecution, they would have done the same.

Of course, ThaiVisa's Billionaire members would have refused to pay and got life in jail, because they believe in doing the right thing, haha, right, of course they would..................

Edited by Broken Record

7 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The victim was a policeman who was killed whilst on duty and was killed in the performance  of his duty by a hit and run driver.

I know who the victim was but whats that got to do with the police corruption behind Vorayudh Yoovidhya escape and lack of extradition. Proves they additionally have no honour among themselves. Very sad and a prime example.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 4:46 AM, smedly said:

You are forgetting the part were you are public servants - your salaries are paid for by the public - they have every right to demand a highly proffessional service and criticise when they do not get it - putting on your police state show of contempt is not helpful

Get on with your public service and earn respect not try to demand or force it.

And....police by consent, sorry....TIT!

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I know who the victim was but whats that got to do with the police corruption behind Vorayudh Yoovidhya escape and lack of extradition. Proves they additionally have no honour among themselves. Very sad and a prime example.

And was it you driving that Ferrari that night, and were you a Billionaire able to use that wealth to pay off the family and whoever else to ensure your freedom from prosecution, you would have refused to  pay people off, you would have refused the advice of your army of lawyers and turned yourself in and demanded to be taken to Jail ?

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The dark forces behind this travesty are probably civilian or at least not police and the situation  indicates the police lack of  power in the face of established corrupt  powers. I imagine most RTP are sickened by the lack of justice granted to one of their own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The dark forces behind this travesty are probably civilian or at least not police and the situation  indicates the police lack of  power in the face of established corrupt  powers. I imagine most RTP are sickened by the lack of justice granted to one of their own.

Yes the prosecutors dept is alleged to be one of those dark forces involved in the corruption along with the some of their own police:

NACC says 4 officers failed to seek an arrest warrant… Wiradol, along with former chief of the station Chumphol Phumphuang as well as the station’s interrogators Samrit Ketyam and Wibul Thinwatanakul.

The NACC says 3 officers failed to guarantee a thorough investigation and interrogation in the case. The former commander of the Metropolitan Police Division 5 Krit Piakaew and the division’s former deputy commanders Sukhun Phrommai and Tramet Uthai.

My mate got stopped at a Police checkpoint, checking his alcohol level he failed miserably, he was able to walk to an ATM get money, pay people off, and drive home.

He stated that he was glad of Police corruption in Thailand, in his own country he would have been screwed.

If you have lived in Thailand for any period and driven in Thailand and got stopped for speeding, how many here are glad of the opportunity to give a few hundred Baht and be on your way ?

If you had the opportunity to buy yourself out of really serious charges, you would do it, and if you say any different, you're lying.

ThaiVisa membership or not........you'd pay !

Edited by Broken Record
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hypothetical nonsense that has nothing to do with the corruption in this case.

You know nothing about the Corruption, his family are so powerful, it would be impossible to prosecute him, it goes to the very top, the police are powerless and so are prosecutors, he is untouchable.

Edited by Broken Record
  • Confused 5

Any future misdemeanor I may have with the Police and they offer to let me be on my way for 200 Baht for going over the Speed limit for instance, I'll flash my ThaiVisa membership card at them and demand they take me to the station for full fine payment, I'll show em !!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

Any future misdemeanor I may have with the Police and they offer to let me be on my way for 200 Baht for going over the Speed limit for instance, I'll flash my ThaiVisa membership card at them and demand they take me to the station for full fine payment, I'll show em !!

All well and good, you have been caught speeding, you cop a small roadside payment or make it official and go pay a slightly larger one at the station, your choice. However what if you were being wrongfully accused of some driving misdemeanor and a much more substantial payment demanded say 50,000 as has happened to me here, would you still be happy to pay up? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sbf said:

you were being wrongfully accused of some driving misdemeanor and a much more substantial payment demanded say 50,000 as has happened to me here, would you still be happy to pay up? 

Sounds like this thread could become more interesting..... 

.... come on... do tell....  what were you wrongly accused of ????

On 1/13/2022 at 4:27 PM, Zozod said:

Something I’ve learned since moving here:  be careful criticizing or else pay a price.  It doesn’t matter who.  

And pray tell how they will find anonymous posters behind a made up username using a VPN going through a website located in another country ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Broken Record said:

My mate got stopped at a Police checkpoint, checking his alcohol level he failed miserably, he was able to walk to an ATM get money, pay people off, and drive home.

So you’re okay with someone who is intoxicated being allowed to drive home? What if he had caused an accident and had killed someone because he was drunk? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

So you’re okay with someone who is intoxicated being allowed to drive home? What if he had caused an accident and had killed someone because he was drunk? 

What if he was abducted by Aliens, and dropped off in the middle of the Gobi desert?

• Sad 2