Buriram trader set to lose her hand after getting her fingers stuck in a sugar cane grinder during cleaning

webfact

10pm.jpg

Daily News reported that rescue services were called to a house in Nang Rong district of Buriram in Thailand's north east after a 63 year old trader got her right hand trapped in a sugar cane grinder. 

Sirinan has a sugar cane plantation and sold the juice for ten baht a bottle in her estate. 

After selling her wares she took the machine for cleaning and turned it on. 

Her son Ratthanin, 39, said that she was trying to extricate a strand of sugar cane when the machine pulled in all five fingers on her hand.

It was fortunate in a way that she managed to quickly turn off the machine with her left hand to avoid having her whole arm sucked in. 

He said that she is expected to have surgery to amputate at the wrist.

Rescue services at the scene found that she had lost a lot of blood and she was taken away by ambulance after it took 20 minutes to free her hand with cutting equipment.  

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-14

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 5

Not any where near as severe, when I was 4 years old I managed to get both of my hands in the wringer of a washing machine.    My mom was next door and heard me screaming, came back and hit the release bar, letting the rollers open up and I fell on my butt.
I remember hearing the lady next door saying, oh thank god, I thought someone was killing that child! 

Damn wringers pulled all the fingernails off my iddy biddy fingers!

It looked like these, if you don't know what I am writing about.

VINTAGE SPEED Queen Wringer Washer Washing Machine Model Dw3092 "sq1128B" - $400.00 | PicClickVINTAGE MAYTAG WRINGER WASHER ELECTRIC WASHING MACHINE MODEL N2LPS | eBay

Edited by radiochaser