Is Thailand rushing to categorize COVID-19 an endemic disease?

webfact

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"what has Thailand's leaders learned from the pandemic so far?" The unelected soldier posing as a PM is not the smartest tool in the box, but even he will know that when this pandemic/

emdemic is over, the protesters will be out in force, so he will keep the pandemic going for as long as he can in whatever way he can.

No comment on that but I will say that the virus doesn't care about politics.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

And that proves what exactly?

It's a shame that I have to spell it out, it proves to me Omicron is not that dangerous. So can we get on with living with this virus? Or do you have a bunch of so called doctors lined up to tell me how wrong I am?

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

It's a shame that I have to spell it out, it proves to me Omicron is not that dangerous. So can we get on with living with this virus? Or do you have a bunch of so called doctors lined up to tell me how wrong I am?

Are you familiar with the word ANECDOTAL?

• Like 1

From the Associated Press:

Expect more worrisome variants after omicron, scientists say

Every infection provides a chance for the virus to mutate, and omicron has an edge over its predecessors: It spreads way faster despite emerging on a planet with a stronger patchwork of immunity from vaccines and prior illness.

That means more people in whom the virus can further evolve. Experts don’t know what the next variants will look like or how they might shape the pandemic, but they say there’s no guarantee the sequels of omicron will cause milder illness or that existing vaccines will work against them. They urge wider vaccination now, while today’s shots still work.

Experts say the virus won’t become endemic like the flu as long as global vaccination rates are so low. During a recent press conference, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that protecting people from future variants — including those that may be fully resistant to today’s shots — depends on ending global vaccine inequity.

(more)

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-science-health-pandemics-dc99bc9f769dd6d7cb669e3d185c6261

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Totally ridiculous, and not based on any sort of science, or "boots on the ground" evidence, at all. If anything the opposite is happening. It appears to be quickly leveling off as we speak. The US had half the number of cases yesterday, as the day before, and one third the number of deaths. Thailand numbers are barely increasing at all.

Stop the panic. Take a deep breath. This is NOT the Zombie Apocalypse. My guess is that this thing is going to burn itself out quickly, and that Omi is the beginning of the end of Covid. Be gone! Get thee behind us!

You are posting about Saturday numbers in the US, and basing your premise on those numbers. Classic rookie mistake.

Overall, hospitalizations in the US are at record numbers. If Thailand follows suit, there will be significant restrictions. If Thailand can avoid mass hospitalization, then this wave will be just a bump in the road.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, Kenchamp said:

I know a few people here in the Pattaya area who have or have had this Omricon variant and ALL of them report mild symptoms. They have all been vaccinated.

Same here in Chiang Mai - had over 10 friends catch it during the past month. I should add that a few of them were unvaccinated. It was like a common cold for all.. some only had symptoms for 2-4 days, other a bit over a week. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Your right, this BS has gone on long enough. My sister in the states  had Omicron for 1 day and she is unvaccinated.

They are just being careful because those on the edge, so to speak.  I think in the coming weeks there will be lessening restrictions.  

I had a friend who had it - 3 days, a cold is what he called it.  Many more report 72 hours and it was gone.  

It is very very very mild unless you are obese or have some problems.  

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 1:52 AM, webfact said:

“We have been pioneers on this front in many aspects,”

he is right. thailand is a leading nation in so many fields, surely they know what they

are doing with this covid.

many even argue that cobid-19 was never a pandemic to begin with, just another flu, and the whole set up

was planned years ahead with the vaccines and world hysteria.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:32 PM, Danderman123 said:

Hospitals in the US are at historically high levels of admissions. This does not support your premise. 

That is because the US is filled with overweight anti-vaxxers that watch too much Faux News.  If you want to look at what is going to happen in the rest of the world look at the UK.  Cases have peaked and hospitalizations should start plummeting soon.  The US is about 2-3 weeks behind the UK.

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shdmn said:

That is because the US is filled with overweight Fox watching anti-vaxxers.  If you want to look at what is going to happen in the rest of the world look at the UK.  Cases have peaked and hospitalizations should start plummeting soon.  The US is about 2-3 weeks behind the UK.

True.  The US has many overweight people (in every political party).  I can’t for the life of me figure out why, for the last 2 years, the government wasn’t hammering it into people to get their diets in order, start exercising and lose some weight.  I guess it’s just not politically correct.

But it’s really not as bad as some posters would want you to believe.  In fact, it’s really not bad at all when you look at the data regarding hospitals and hospital capacity/utilization.

https://data.thecalifornian.com/covid-19-hospital-capacity/california/06/

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

he is right. thailand is a leading nation in so many fields, surely they know what they

are doing with this covid.

many even argue that cobid-19 was never a pandemic to begin with, just another flu, and the whole set up

was planned years ahead with the vaccines and world hysteria.

I don’t think any of the 5 million dead would make that argument.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shdmn said:

That is because the US is filled with overweight anti-vaxxers that watch too much Faux News.  If you want to look at what is going to happen in the rest of the world look at the UK.  Cases have peaked and hospitalizations should start plummeting soon.  The US is about 2-3 weeks behind the UK.

So the UK is not filled with overweight anti-vaxxers....you do like to paint just the US instead of the world.  Thailand is filling up with overweight folks now and no they are not the expats.

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I don’t think any of the 5 million dead would make that argument.

Most are re-incarnated by now.

Like the two people in Grand county, Colorado who

died of gun-shot wounds

but tested (+) for covid within the previous month,

so...

two of the 5-million.!!

American hospitals profit bigly

by treating "covid" cases.

Doctors write down

what the hospital administrators tells them to.

EZ money.

Write "covid"

win $45,000

for vent.

Edited by papa al

26 minutes ago, papa al said:

Most are re-incarnated by now.

Like the two people in Grand county, Colorado who

died of gun-shot wounds

but tested (+) for covid within the previous month,

so...

two of the 5-million.!!

American hospitals profit bigly

by treating "covid" cases.

Doctors write down

what the hospital administrators tells them to.

EZ money.

Write "covid"

win $45,000

for vent.

Nope. 

You really don't understand how medical examiners determine cause of death, do you? 

Nor the Medicare DRG system for determine hospital compensation. 

It must be nice to not care about facts, just what feels like a fact. 

BTW, it's Grand Junction, Colorado. The medical examiner complained because he determined cause of death as gunshot, but the state has 2 sets of mortality numbers, and counted the gunshot death as Covid because of a prior test. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are posting about Saturday numbers in the US, and basing your premise on those numbers. Classic rookie mistake.

Overall, hospitalizations in the US are at record numbers. If Thailand follows suit, there will be significant restrictions. If Thailand can avoid mass hospitalization, then this wave will be just a bump in the road.

Two days in a row now, the numbers are way, way down in the US. Cases and deaths. Some just do not want to let this thing go. Some cannot embrace good Covid news. Some seem to love the panic and embrace the fear. 

Let it go. Get on with your life. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Who knows? You don't. It could be five years.

In five years there will be nothing left. In two years half the population will be on suicide watch. How about giving people a little bit of hope instead of constantly beating them over the head with worst case scenarios?

12 hours ago, SS1 said:

Same here in Chiang Mai - had over 10 friends catch it during the past month. I should add that a few of them were unvaccinated. It was like a common cold for all.. some only had symptoms for 2-4 days, other a bit over a week. 

I believe I had caught something nasty as well, could be COVID-19, could be anything else, it was well about 2 weeks ago, it started on Sunday 2, almost immediately I had the following symptoms:

The first 3 days:

- Short breath.

- Excessive coughing.

- Dizziness.

- I could not tolerate loud music or noises through my right ear.

- I could not sit in front of the computer more than 30 minutes at a time, my eyes would get sore/burn immediately.

- Sleeping 16 hours a day, 3 days in a row.

- I could not eat or swallow anything, also had no appetite at all.

The next 3 days:

- My breath slowly returned at the dire cost of intensified coughing.

- Dizziness was gone but was shortly replaced with joint pains.

- I could tolerate music or light from the computer screen again.

- I slept a lot less, maybe 12 hours a day which is still a lot more than usual.

- I was hungry all the time, no matter the amount of food intake and kept eating, eating, eating, I found myself anecdotally eating 2 large pizzas back to back.

- I could smell things again, but lost the sense of taste; neither coke, tea, coffee, tomato sauce, chocolate, nearly everything tasted like plain water, it was an odd experience.

On the last day, Sunday 9 everything returned to normal, food started to taste normal again.

The only downside after this was another 3 days of continuous non-stop intense runny nose which ultimately stopped on Wednesday 12 while coughing intensified again.

We're now the 17th and I find myself coughing every day every now and then, every other symptoms have been gone since Wednesday 12 (including runny nose) and I'm back to sleeping 6 hours a day, which is my normal sleep pattern, no pain, no side effects, nothing.

This was awful to me, I'm still unsure what it was but am glad it's gone, I am not jabbed with any vaccines/no boosters or anything, I treated myself with oral morphine intakes of 30mg on the first very intense days. Also what stroke me as a very strange thing is that I had no fever at all during the whole thing although I felt cold the first 3 days.

Again it might not have been COVID-19 but if this was a "common cold", then it has to be nastiest cold I've ever caught in my life.

I'm glad it's over.

Edited by NanaSomchai

33 minutes ago, charmonman said:

In five years there will be nothing left. In two years half the population will be on suicide watch. How about giving people a little bit of hope instead of constantly beating them over the head with worst case scenarios?

I'm not in charge of public relations. What happens happens. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Two days in a row now, the numbers are way, way down in the US. Cases and deaths. Some just do not want to let this thing go. Some cannot embrace good Covid news. Some seem to love the panic and embrace the fear. 

Let it go. Get on with your life. 

Hmmm… 2 days in a row… Saturday and Sunday. It’s called “the weekend”. A lot of states don’t report on the weekend.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Here are the US numbers for Sunday.

But, I think Omicron has peaked in most states in the US, in most countries in Europe, and in Australia.

D68F855F-79D9-404F-9545-4FA6F4BD9346.jpeg

On 1/17/2022 at 8:15 AM, Danderman123 said:

1.You really don't understand how medical examiners determine cause of death, do you? 

2.Nor the Medicare DRG system for determine hospital compensation. 

3.It must be nice to not care about facts, just what feels like a fact. 

4.BTW, it's Grand Junction, Colorado. The medical examiner complained because he determined cause of death as gunshot, but the state has 2 sets of mortality numbers, and counted the gunshot death as Covid because of a prior test. 

1. Death certificate is signed by attending physician, not medical examiner.

2.  I do.

3. Ad hominum, way to go.

4. No, Grand county, not Grand Junction.

Two GSW deaths

33 minutes ago, papa al said:

1. Death certificate is signed by attending physician, not medical examiner.

2.  I do.

3. Ad hominum, way to go.

4. No, Grand county, not Grand Junction.

Two GSW deaths

https://www.co.grand.co.us/1083/County-Coroner

“The County Coroner is responsible for investigating the cause and manner of deaths, issuing death certificates, and requesting autopsies. “

of course, the county coroner has no financial stake in the admitting diagnosis of a hospital patient.