Is Thailand rushing to categorize COVID-19 an endemic disease?

webfact

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Presumably some sort of face gaining/saving, either in the eyes of the locals or internationally.  (As is so often the case.)

Rigth.They even better then WHO.Even endemic they will still not scrap anything about tourists paying in advance,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

It's difficult to get the actual % of un/anti's from uk. I've seen on various news reports on uk figures varying from 60% to 90% of those requiring hospital treatment. BBC/ITV? did show an interview with one lady who was now recoving in hospital and when asked  Do you think now you should have gone for vaccination she would only answer 'maybe'.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/13/my-bile-rises-as-im-asked-to-move-my-dying-cancer-patient-out-of-icu-to-make-room-for-an-unvaccinated-man-with-covid

where I am in EU the latest discripion in news outlets is "almost over"

WHO cant say that because different parts of the world are at different stages US will probably end of feb, where I am its happening faster than expected from the worst in the world 3 wks ago hospitalizations for covid are falling fast.

it will be endemic by mid year...

Add for footy fans, when premier league sides now been called out for saying they have covid been accused of taking advantage u know it over.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12516180/gary-neville-and-jamie-carragher-believe-premier-league-clubs-must-be-forced-to-play-fixtures-after-postponement-requests

Edited by tomyami

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“We have been pioneers on this front in many aspects,” said Opart, citing the cross-vaccination program and reopening of the country via the Phuket Sandbox tourism scheme. “This is because we look ahead,” he explained.

????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Hospitals in the US are at historically high levels of admissions. This does not support your premise. 

Maybe they have historically high levels of under-lying conditions?

You cannot quote one nations admissions against anothers directly, many things come into play.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The fact was, he continued, that when it came to management of COVID-19, Thailand is merely a step ahead of WHO and many other nations.

Amazing how even medical autorities is led to and believe in the opposite of actual conditions. My wife got her first injection with Pfizer here in late November 2021. In Europe her sister-in-law got her first injection with Pfizer early March 2021????

Felt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Hospitals in the US are at historically high levels of admissions. This does not support your premise. 

But nevertheless reasons for this have been posted and we should not disregard the well supported belief that Omicron has far milder symptoms than say Delta. It is also displacing Delta very quickly. Overall this is positive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

But nevertheless reasons for this have been posted and we should not disregard the well supported belief that Omicron has far milder symptoms than say Delta. It is also displacing Delta very quickly. Overall this is positive.

I hope you are right.

i also hope Omicron goes away more quickly.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

I hope you are right.

i also hope Omicron goes away more quickly.

It appears to have a far shorter incubation than previous mutations (2  days), and symptoms last only 4-5 days. So that is likely. It has already peaked in the UK.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not all these though right?

Omicron is not done with us/US, but we now have >155,000 hospitalizations, nearly 26,000 patients in ICUs, and as reported today another almost 2,800 people who died—the majority of all of these outcomes eminently preventable + >926,000 confirmed new cases

FJGqyp-VUAAxHYO.jpg.1aea6e36977b163ebb90011e547d7a80.jpg

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1482154850125160449

I agree with much of what you post but on this one without a breakdown between Delta and Omicron I can't see how this can be supported. US is still a Delta/Omicron mix.

34 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I agree with much of what you post but on this one without a breakdown between Delta and Omicron I can't see how this can be supported. US is still a Delta/Omicron mix.

I agree, there must be a good proportion of delta still lingering in the US deaths and no doubt in ICU, never seen a breakdown of that though. I think the cleanest countries to look for Omicron deaths are South Africa and Denmark as they were both well out of the previous delta wave.

image.png.356a434de44625e5d7664ef3ee6c2a22.png

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/denmark

• Like 1