Proof of vaccination requirement

Farmerslife

Two days ago I booked a train ticket to Bangkok for next week, an interprovincial journey.
In addition to asking for sight of my passport, the ticketing clerk also asked for proof of vaccination. Not a problem, I merely opened the Mor Phrom app. and let him check the details.

However, I was taken a little by surprise. Whether this is a SRT or BMA requirement wasn't made  clear. Nor do I know whether I would have been refused the ticket had I not been vaccinated.  I have looked online but have not seen this requirement mentioned anywhere.  

I don't mind, in fact I find it slightly encouraging but has anyone else encountered something similar to this?

I was not asked for it here in the north of Thailand, so I would suggest that you are a farang and so must have the cov, hence the question.

It may come to the point where we may need to supply a stool, urine & sperm sample in future, so it's always a good idea to keep a pair of used underpants and then just hand them over. ????

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Farmerslife said:

I don't mind, in fact I find it slightly encouraging but has anyone else encountered something similar to this?

Checking into a hotel in Koh Chang ( Sept 21 ) - adults had to show their vaccination status upon check-in at the hotel.  I don’t know what would have happened had we not been vaccinated. 

There was also a ‘vaccine’ check-point where they stopped the car, looked in the window and just waved us through. 

-----

I imagine some businesses, hotels, restaurants, sports facilities etc will check for vaccination status for a short while but in the end the effort of policing this will be too much and initial strict regulations will slip. 

There will of course be various threads highlight outrage at the loss of freedoms, the go home if you don’t like it responses and general vax - vs - anti-vax bickering !!!

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

Many countries are following the western countries in allowing only the vaccinated to go to public places or work in public places.

This is a breach of human rights if you ask me...

If it happens to you, sue them. Sometimes, this is the only way to get your rights respected.

38 minutes ago, Puccini said:
9 hours ago, EricTh said:

Many countries are following the western countries in allowing only the vaccinated to go to public places or work in public places.

This is a breach of human rights if you ask me...

If it happens to you, sue them. Sometimes, this is the only way to get your rights respected.

Damn right....   it’s unconstitutional...  I urge everyone to stand up against this tyranny and use their Second Amendment rights, bear arms and protest this infringement on our freedoms... 

15 hours ago, EricTh said:

This is a breach of human rights if you ask me.

If a vaccinated person can catch the virus then what's the difference between him and an unvaccinated?

Really, this again?

Vaccinated people have a much smaller chance of infection than anti-vaxxers, who are dying like flies now.

• Sad 1

Almost all country is orange, so only essential travel. 
do expect vax check on the train. 

in germany railway police patrols trains and checking all passengers certificates. 

here to stay for years. For hotel receptionist just a few second glance.
Possibly there would be vax qr readers at the train stations, hotels