Anyone have suggestions for indigestion?

Kenny202

15 hours ago, rumak said:

or even home remedy.:    Baking soda !     google it.      drink  with water .   should get a good belch.   safe and effective

eat simple food when having a bad day.     oatmeal 

I mix baking soda with milk but same same. Had quite a few days when it has been corn flakes only but does not last long????

• Like 1

Ranidine. Generic of Zantac, available at most pharmacies. Zantac was only a problem if taken regularly over a long time. Normal use for indigestion, not a problem. Get ALL the information, not just the scare-mongering. Google is your friend.

16 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Only Gaviscon tablets. They are just antacid pills I think. Is there another type of Gaviscon?

No I don't need a check up for something I've had 35 years and get twice a year, but thanks

did you try Algycon, for me  it works better then Gaviscon

7 minutes ago, Chainsaw said:

Ranidine. Generic of Zantac, available at most pharmacies. Zantac was only a problem if taken regularly over a long time. Normal use for indigestion, not a problem. Get ALL the information, not just the scare-mongering. Google is your friend.

I am not scared of it, I don't think Zantac / Ranidine available in any form now is it? I believe there are no known cases of anyone getting cancer from Ranidine / Zantac, its only that someone realized it contains a small amount of something believed to be carconagenic. I mean I would take one pill once every three to six months so not going to hurt me. Have you purchased it recently?

3 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I am not scared of it, I don't think Zantac / Ranidine available in any form now is it? I believe there are no known cases of anyone getting cancer from Ranidine / Zantac, its only that someone realized it contains a small amount of something believed to be carconagenic. I mean I would take one pill once every three to six months so not going to hurt me. Have you purchased it recently?

Not purchased any recently as I always keep a stock in the fridge. Rarely need to use it. Suggest you try a couple of pharmacies to see if it's available.

16 hours ago, bbko said:

"Doc I get bad indigestion when I eat certain foods"

Doc "Don't eat those foods".

When I was suffering from GERD and underwent a gastroscopy to view what was going on, it was obvious to the doctor that regurgitated acid had caused Barrett's oesophagus, which can turn cancerous, so he put me on omeprazole for about a year, and that did help tremendously.

As regards the food situation, he warned me that the following might cause problems: – onions, chilis, chocolate, red wine and some cheeses, which was a savage blow because I like all of them!

With the help of omeprazole and d-limonene, my symptoms cleared up given time and for many years now I've been able to eat exactly what I want – – plus of course my favourites of chocolate and red wine (not together!).

He also recommended that I don't eat before I go to bed, and lifted the head of the bed a few inches – – but then again all of this may be surplus to your requirements because you only get this a couple of times a year or thereabouts, so good luck in sorting out the problem.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice guys. Git a few things from the pharmacy last night to try but of course its gone now, so wont know until it happens the next time lol. I saw the liquid Gaviscon on Lazada, double strength about 600 baht plus I think. Thanks again, if I have any luck will report back but it sounds like different things work / not work for different people

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:40 PM, Kenny202 said:

Yeah don't eat chocolate much, nor do I drink and eat oats. I tried the Bi carb in warm water a couple of times didn't work for me at all. My problem is as I said only get it once every three to 6 months and usually in the middle of the night so taking a preventative or something preemptive wont help me. Its usually gone by morning, I just need something to sort it out fast then and there so i can get back to sleep. Zantac used to work usually within 5 to 10 minutes

Alka-Seltzer works really fast and is mild tasting.  Available at most larger chain pharmacy's.  For some reason, it seems only lemon flavor is sold here, I haven't been able to get unflavored.  About B180 for a box of ten packets.

I used to take pantoprazole ( similar to omeprazole ) every night for gastric reflux. I don't anymore, because I have trained my stomach. These are my rules:

1/ I avoid fatty foods

2/ I quit eating before I feel full.

3/ I only drink alcohol two days in a week. Even then, 2 - 3 standard drinks.

4/ I keep water by the bedside at night, take a sip if I wake up.

5/ Perhaps most importantly, I eat at 6 pm, with bedtime no earlier than 10 pm.

IMO we take too many pharmaceuticals to fix health problems we inflict on ourselves with our lifestyles.