What happened to @StickboyBangkok

OneMoreFarang

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks.

There must be more to this story because the Twitter account would work from anywhere in this world. And he had lots of followers. It seems all posts are deleted.

The website still exists https://www.stickboybkk.com/

Never visited that website, until now. But I noticed that the most recent posts seem to be 8-9 months old.

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Never visited that website, until now. But I noticed that the most recent posts seem to be 8-9 months old.

I liked the website to inform myself what was going on in Bangkok nightlife. The problem with his and other Twitter accounts was for me that there was just too much. Obviously it's nice to see from time to time a beautiful girl. But with Twitter it was 10 girls, 10 "I have a beer in xyz" and one news message. At least for me that was a reason not to follow him (and others) on Twitter. On the WWW it was easy to just scan the news and look at anything else on demand.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Enoon said:

It was compulsory to watch wrestling, on television, in my childhood household.

I used to get dragged down the Fairfield Hall every Tuesday to watch it live as well.

Hilarious to see the old ladies having a go with umbrellas. Mick McManus was one of their favourite targets...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps Stickboy is one of those effected by the incoming PayPal changes next month.  There will be lots of people who work online that will leave because they cannot draw down their online income via PayPal if residing in Thailand.  Simon 48 is one example (but he has alternative payment solution in place now).  I am also effected by this.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Because he set himself up as the anti-Stickman who was always rather po-faced about the bar scene.  Stickboy's posts were a lot more entertaining!  Hope he comes back and resumes posting.

That's an understatement.  Stick really went off the deep end on the bar scene.  Claimed all the girls had HIV and all the farang that went to those places were STD riddled drunks and scumbags.  Talk about alienating your audience.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

That's an understatement.  Stick really went off the deep end on the bar scene.  Claimed all the girls had HIV and all the farang that went to those places were STD riddled drunks and scumbags.  Talk about alienating your audience.

There was a time a looooooong time ago when Stickman wrote about fun in the bars. That is why many of us read what he wrote. And then he changed and many people didn't read him anymore. And then Stickboy came up, IMHO better than Stickman ever was. Later Stickboy also bought the domain Stickman.

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There was a time a looooooong time ago when Stickman wrote about fun in the bars. That is why many of us read what he wrote. And then he changed and many people didn't read him anymore. And then Stickboy came up, IMHO better than Stickman ever was. Later Stickboy also bought the domain Stickman.

And, then what happened....?

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

IMO stickboy was at least ten years to late to the scene to have enjoyed it properly. The bitterness and annoyance exhibited in his social media was a result of knowing that. 

Really?

I enjoyed nightlife in Bangkok since about 1995. Obviously it changed, and many years ago certain things happened which mostly don't happen now anymore. But I think pre Covid anybody who wanted to have fun and who was not too stingy could have a lot of fun.

I heard about wild things which happened before I arrived in Bangkok. I am sure it would have been exiting to experience that. But I can't say I feel like I arrived too late and missed something.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shdmn said:

Where and when did Stick ever claim all the girls had HIV? he would not have gotten access to bars for pics for one thing if he had, his stickman weekly was mainly promoting nightlife.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

Because he set himself up as the anti-Stickman...

[/quote]

I'd say he set himself up as an alternative to Stickman, not as an anti-Stickman.

Now who remembers the notstickman website 'looney'?

Stick tracked him down to some northern town and he fled the country to China

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

IMO stickboy was at least ten years to late to the scene to have enjoyed it properly. The bitterness and annoyance exhibited in his social media was a result of knowing that. 

the social media i read on facebook which was daily was always positive or amusing or informative, i never read any bitterness from stickboy maybe it's your imagination?

• Like 2

I quite enjoyed his content. I found some decent restaurants and watering holes based on his posts. But when your income comes primarily from advertising bars that are no longer allowed to open, you're not going to make much money and I guess 2 years was long enough to wait.

It's very weird how he disappeared so quickly without warning and a lot of the content on the websites disappeared as well. I guess the full story will come out sooner or later.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's always ......

1. girl problem.

2. no money problem.

3. legal problem.

4. Health problem

Sometimes all four!

But as his twitter posts seem a bit angry, I'm thinking 1. girl problem.

good point,

if you go to his website, he stopped updating news stories 8 months ago, so something must have happened then, probably took him that much time to call it quit, smart move IMO

Edited by GrandPapillon

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

the social media i read on facebook which was daily was always positive or amusing or informative, i never read any bitterness from stickboy maybe it's your imagination?

Maybe just his Twitter account then, as I don't use Facebook.

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But as his twitter posts seem a bit angry, I'm thinking 1. girl problem.

Glad it wasn't only me that noticed it.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Maybe just his Twitter account then, as I don't use Facebook.

Glad it wasn't only me that noticed it.

Sounds like some of his recent posts on Twitter were angry maybe for the reason he suddenly left, but for the last year+ I've not seen any negative ones on Facebook. If you have one other than recent post it I'd like to see it