What happened to @StickboyBangkok

OneMoreFarang

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Actually that's not correct. Stickboy bought the StickmanBangkok website and then paid the previous owner to continue writing the column for him (until Covid struck and removed all the ad revenue).

My point was that "Stickman" "Not Stickman" and "Stickboy/Mike McKay" are completely different people. Introducing the former two into the context of this thread is misleading, confusing and irrelevant.

Edited by Kaptain Asia
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 4:39 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Because he set himself up as the anti-Stickman who was always rather po-faced about the bar scene.  Stickboy's posts were a lot more entertaining! 

Helped by a retainer from the "ex"-boiler room boy who bought the Nana Plaza lease a few years ago and kept him in advertising revenue!

• Like 2

Was Stickman, and maybe his son, Stickboy, too, just a mythical figure who never really existed?

Was Stickman just, in actuality, no more than a marketing tool used by this less than upright industry to promote a sort of sleazy industry?

I am sure you will all recall the novella Animal Farm.

And so, reading this novella, not everything one reads should be accepted as literal.

Therefore, even if some might say, which still must be proved, that Stickman and Stickboy have somehow left us, still their spirit resides amongst us all, in minor ways.

The dregs of Stickman and his boy, like Batman and Robin, will reside and resonate with us for so many years to come, no matter how we might wish to rid ourselves of the memory of these two loveable figures.

On 1/17/2022 at 11:34 AM, KhunBENQ said:

He became an arrogant know-better.

Aggressive foul mouthed at dislikes.

Deep yellow lover of the system.

Denouncing all kind of street protest etc.

Thaivisa hater.

Earning money with ads for prostitution services (which made him a non quotable source for me).

TV hater, did you say?

No way!

NOT for me.

(Anyway, that is the way I feel, obviously.)

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

First you write: "Stickboy bought the StickmanBangkok website and then paid the previous owner to continue writing the column for him"

Then you wrote:

"He built something from nothing and had a good run of it."

Contradictory nonesense!

Surely nobody is really this clueless  ????.

He built up StickBoy over a period of years and used the revenue from that to acquire Stickman several years later. It's like saying Bill Gates didn't build his empire from nothing because Microsoft acquired Linkedin in 2016 ????

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kaptain Asia said:

My point was that "Stickman" "Not Stickman" and "Stickboy/Mike McKay" are completely different people. Introducing the former two into the context of this thread is misleading, confusing and irrelevant.

It's very clear that they are not the same person (unless it's a case of Dissociative Identity Disorder given that one interviewed the other in length on the Stickman website). If that was your (very obvious) point then maybe that's what you should have written. 

Instead of "Stickman" and "Not Stickman" are nothing to do with "Stickboy/Mike McKay" which is factually incorrect seeing as Stickboy acquired Stickman so they are intrinsically linked.

I was simply correcting you. 

What was that? Oh, you're welcome.

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

"He built  something from nothing" BUT "paid the previous owner to continue writing the column for him"

are again contradictory statements.. lol

I'll let you into a secret. When company A acquires company B, company A doesn't typically lay off the key employees that made company B such a success in the first place ????.

Really, some people are best off just collecting their old age pension and keeping quiet on things they know nothing about...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:
13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Helped by a retainer from the "ex"-boiler room boy who bought the Nana Plaza lease a few years ago and kept him in advertising revenue!

Does it really matter which bar owners paid for advertisement? And do you really expect that someone who makes his money with the nightlife business checks first where the money comes from?

No, it doesn't matter, I was simply making an observation. He didn't need to "check" where where the money came from, either, he was well aware of it's, very nefarious, source.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 11:46 AM, clivebaxter said:

Stick tracked him down to some northern town and he fled the country to China

Tracked him to Nakhon Phanom and he reportedly fled to the Philippines after a warrant was issued for his arrest in another court case. Been a while so not too sure if I remember the facts accurately.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 10:43 AM, JonnyF said:

Actually that's not correct. Stickboy bought the StickmanBangkok website and then paid the previous owner to continue writing the column for him (until Covid struck and removed all the ad revenue).

There was an interview about it between the 2 individuals on the Stickman Website but the last 3 years worth of columns have been deleted from there as well.

Anyway, good luck to him. He built something from nothing and had a good run of it. Not even hinting at his departure until he was safely back in the UK (and removing most of the content) does imply that he had some issues with someone but that wouldn't be unusual for someone who was effectively on the payroll of gogobar owners who are often more than a bit shady.

Edited for a typo.

Actually, Stickman's website and Stickboy's media accounts belong to Stick Media which is owned by the Panthera Group which has such a large presence in the farang nightlife areas of Bangkok and across Thailand.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, malathione said:

Actually, Stickman's website and Stickboy's media accounts belong to Stick Media which is owned by the Panthera Group which has such a large presence in the farang nightlife areas of Bangkok and across Thailand.

yeah, we all know the "dodgy" characters behind these "farang" organizations

could be that some of their businesses with the pandemic have been shutdown, and the FBI has been on their case for over a decade,

the immense cashflow from the Night Life bought them a small oasis of peace and protection in Thailand, while they were being chased off internationally, in particular HK

COVID obviously had an impact, so they may they took their chips and called it quit ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 4:57 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

I dunno and don't care. I was merely quoting somebody else who wrote two opposite and mutually exclusive statements.

Sounded to me as though you cared, quite strongly in fact. 

• Like 1