What happened to @StickboyBangkok

OneMoreFarang

10 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Stick tracked him down to some northern town and he fled the country to China

I remember that, I think it was Nakhon Phanom. 

Strange thing altogether, people sometimes make life difficult for themselves for no obvious reason. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 10:14 PM, rott said:

I remember that, I think it was Nakhon Phanom. 

Strange thing altogether, people sometimes make life difficult for themselves for no obvious reason. 

"Stickman" and "Not Stickman" are nothing to do with "Stickboy/Mike McKay" and totally irrelevant in the context of this thread.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 4:36 AM, mstevens said:

All this <deleted> about hookers and prostitution talking it up as nightlife and sanuk and other warm, fuzzy terms are fooling themselves and putting lipstick on a pig. These websites are dinosaurs from a time passed highlighting the worst of Bangkok. Good riddance to their demise. Here's hoping they are not replaced by others. Time for Bangkok to put that piece of history behind it.

As the original reviewer, of the Denizens of the Demi Monde  Bernard  Trink used to to say 'I don't give a hoot'

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The Best Bangkok  Night life reviews were on Big Mango...Funny, well written, up to date..linked to a bar of the same name..Anybody remember  it?

yeah, I do. A bit old and dated now.

Obviously the blogger was being paid to review those bars, in a funny way

• Confused 1

Up to him right but I'd still find it odd anytime someone says to ''leave forever'' if nothing crazy happened. To leave itself or stop some account and check other parts of the world, completely normal.

He kind of attract the question marks by leaving without announcing it from that deleted account.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kaptain Asia said:

"Stickman" and "Not Stickman" are nothing to do with "Stickboy/Mike McKay" and totally irrelevant in the context of this thread.

Quite right KA, wandered off topic, sorry about that it won't happen again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's obviously up to him what he wants to do.

What I find interesting is that he wiped everything from that successful Twitter account.

It's not that he wouldn't be able to use that account from somewhere else in the world. And he could easily open another account like BrazilBoy or whatever.

If he would have kept that account he could have continued in 6 or 12 month or whenever - if he wanted to. But that's not what he did. It looks to me like he deleted everything like it never happened. So he won't even be able to show some bar owners in Brazil his successful past in Thailand or something like this. That is the strange part for me.

That people decide to move on maybe to a different country, a new job or whatever is not unusual. But I think most people won't radically delete the last years of their life.

I think someone said he might have had the new paypal issue same many people which links to revenue and maybe tax

On 1/16/2022 at 7:38 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Why? 

Did he chicken out? 

There is really no excuse for ever leaving, once you are here. 

Word on the street is that he had some issues with certain "gentlemen" and decided to get out while he could.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's obviously up to him what he wants to do.

What I find interesting is that he wiped everything from that successful Twitter account.

Actually ....He just set it to "Private" so you cannot see the tweets but they still exist

11 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Word on the street is that he had some issues with certain "gentlemen" and decided to get out while he could.

he wouldn't be the first, a lot of journalists and bloggers have been harassed in Thailand by questionable individuals, and that usually ends with a runner ????

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

First you write: "Stickboy bought the StickmanBangkok website and then paid the previous owner to continue writing the column for him"

Then you wrote:

"He built something from nothing and had a good run of it."

Contradictory nonesense!

No

Stickboy bought the Stickman domain some time after he established Stickboy.

It's all documented somewhere in a long article from years ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's why I wrote above. Because what @JonnyF wrote are not "two opposite and mutually exclusive statements".

Entirely contradictory.

First he wrote: "Stickboy bought the StickmanBangkok website and then paid the previous owner to continue writing the column for him"

Then he wrote:

"He built something from nothing and had a good run of it."

Two mutually exclusive statements that contradiction each other. "He built  something from nothing" and "He bought the StickmanBangkok website"  are contradictions..

"He built  something from nothing" BUT "paid the previous owner to continue writing the column for him"

are again contradictory statements.. lol

• Haha 1