HAVAL H6

Fairynuff

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yeah, I spent a few days with an electric Volvo XC40. I got to really like the one pedal driving (after initially disliking it) but that was my concern too - how do I know if the brake lights are coming on?  In traffic I was trying to look for reflections in the car behind. I had to Google to make they were coming on and found this from Volvo:

The brake lights are activated if the braking force exceeds a certain level.

Not very descriptive or helpful. I think your idea of icon in the driver display is a really good idea!

Thanks. Problem with one pedal mode is that if you take your foot off the pedal completely, the car decelerates gently. I read somewhere that the deceleration is about 10-15% in order for it to be smooth. This would hardly constitute a strong braking force which means the brake lights might never ever come on.

I guess the safest thing to do then is to utilise a bit of left foot braking if there’s a car following behind.

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Thanks. Problem with one pedal mode is that if you take your foot off the pedal completely, the car decelerates gently. I read somewhere that the deceleration is about 10-15% in order for it to be smooth. This would hardly constitute a strong braking force which means the brake lights might never ever come on.

I guess the safest thing to do then is to utilise a bit of left foot braking if there’s a car following behind.

Don't know about the Haval, but in the Volvo it is not very gentle - it's why I hated it at first. You have to feather the throttle to come to a gentle stop, otherwise it is quite forceful, so I think the brake lights come on most of the time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I did read that there are 3 regen settings for the Haval cars but not sure if those option settings are available in One Pedal mode.

Yes, there’s 3 regen modes, low, standard and strong. Selecting one pedal mode does not grey out these options but I wonder if it has any effect on one pedal braking. I don’t notice any difference.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 10:36 AM, Gweiloman said:

Yes, there’s 3 regen modes, low, standard and strong. Selecting one pedal mode does not grey out these options but I wonder if it has any effect on one pedal braking. I don’t notice any difference.

Correction. Selecting one pedal mode does not allow you to select regen strength. This is good in that the one pedal braking will be consistent all the time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Correction. Selecting one pedal mode does not allow you to select regen strength. This is good in that the one pedal braking will be consistent all the time.

I'm really liking the 'one pedal' driving.  With MG there is no 'mode' that I'm aware of, unless you can turn KERS/regen off in settings.  Does have 3 modes of, 1 - 2 - 3, which I keep in 3, as the most slowing, with 1 not much more than coasting to a stop in an ICE.  

Rarely touch the brakes, except on highway in cruise control when approaching stopped traffic at 90 kph.  I don't trust the tech that much, or want to find out, along with any type of emergency braking.

If a vehicle in front of me, then it will keep pace with their stopping, and stop by itself, when in cruise control.  Then have to tap the accelerator to move forward when traffic does, again, with no need to touch the brakes.

Doubt if we'll ever need to replace them/brake pads.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I'm really liking the 'one pedal' driving.  With MG there is no 'mode' that I'm aware of, unless you can turn KERS/regen off in settings.  Does have 3 modes of, 1 - 2 - 3, which I keep in 3, as the most slowing, with 1 not much more than coasting to a stop in an ICE.  

Rarely touch the brakes, except on highway in cruise control when approaching stopped traffic at 90 kph.  I don't trust the tech that much, or want to find out, along with any type of emergency braking.

If a vehicle in front of me, then it will keep pace with their stopping, and stop by itself, when in cruise control.  Then have to tap the accelerator to move forward when traffic does, again, with no need to touch the brakes.

Doubt if we'll ever need to replace them/brake pads.

I agree. One pedal driving is a game changer. 

One of the downsides of the Haval (and Ora Cat, and I believe, MG as well) is that cruise control does not regenerate when slowing down. This makes for less efficient driving, particularly in Thailand where we have to vary speeds quite often, unlike in other countries with proper highways and better drivers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I agree. One pedal driving is a game changer. 

One of the downsides of the Haval (and Ora Cat, and I believe, MG as well) is that cruise control does not regenerate when slowing down. This makes for less efficient driving, particularly in Thailand where we have to vary speeds quite often, unlike in other countries with proper highways and better drivers.

That’s exactly why I never use cruise. It’s mot built for Thai driving

• Like 1