List of schools in the Bang Khae area of Bangkok?

Hi, I'm looking for a job as an English teacher and I live in Bang Khae. My Thai girlfriend has a job in Bang Khae and it would be preferable for me to find a job in Bang Khae so we don't have to move. I am looking on ajarn.com and I've only found a couple of schools that are in / near bang khae: Assumption College and ACT-Bell Language Centre.

I was wondering if there is an easy way to find a list of schools in this area? Or if anyone knows of other schools in Bang Khae?

I am an American with a Bachelor's degree and a 120hr tefl certificate but I have no teaching experience.

Sarasas Witaed(experimental) Bangbon School. Not far to commute. As of late 2000s they had 9 or more classrooms/groups per grade (therefore large numbers of teachers).They take fresh zero year experience teachers. Your bachelors will get you the higher starting salary. You can choose between the EP or the IEP. Walk in face to face and find the admin office. Tell them your intentions.

https://www.infobel.com/en/thailand/sarasas_witaed_bangbon_school/bang_bon/TH100495817-028953472/businessdetails.aspx

Edited by OishiRefill
add info

7 hours ago, tonray said:

With the MRT extensions....much of the entire Bangkok metro area would be available to you with a short commute...limiting yourself to Bang Khae may limit your opportunities.

True, I would be living at a condo walking distance to MRT Lak Song. What would be the best way to find schools looking for English teachers that are within walking distance from MRT stations?

I'd recommend any local govt school. You'll see them just by traveling out and about your area. True, any school on the MRT would be possible, but the daily commute will eat into your budget. Songthaews (pickup truck buses) and moto taxis will also be part of this journey.

A nearby govt school would be a good place to get acquainted with Thai children and the work environment in your first year. That's what I did. They'll be more accepting of your lack of experience as they get less inquiries from foreign teachers. Some may only have Filipinos and would welcome a Westerner to add to their ranks.

Gone are the days of the standard 30k salary at such schools. Ask for 40-45k, given the continuing, limited incoming farang situation. They're paying this even out here in Issan. Talk up your lack of experience with anything that might be related to teaching. Any volunteer work at home? Working with kids? Interest in science and tech? Traveling, interest in other cultures? Extra activities at your uni? Talk directly to the school, do not work for an agency.

I'd avoid the big, famous name private schools. Absolutely horrible attitudes. Spoiled, hi-so students. Piles of meaningless paperwork you simply fill in and sign, so the students can run amok and get those scores their parents pay handsomely for. Admins, both Thai and farang, who to be blunt are the scum of the Earth. They love taking newcomers as they churn through so many. Higher salary, but absolutely not worth the stress. Good luck.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme

8 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I'd recommend any local govt school. You'll see them just by traveling out and about your area. True, any school on the MRT would be possible, but the daily commute will eat into your budget. Songthaews (pickup truck buses) and moto taxis will also be part of this journey.

A nearby govt school would be a good place to get acquainted with Thai children and the work environment in your first year. That's what I did. They'll be more accepting of your lack of experience as they get less inquiries from foreign teachers. Some may only have Filipinos and would welcome a Westerner to add to their ranks.

Gone are the days of the standard 30k salary at such schools. Ask for 40-45k, given the continuing, limited incoming farang situation. They're paying this even out here in Issan. Talk up your lack of experience with anything that might be related to teaching. Any volunteer work at home? Working with kids? Interest in science and tech? Traveling, interest in other cultures? Extra activities at your uni? Talk directly to the school, do not work for an agency.

I'd avoid the big, famous name private schools. Absolutely horrible attitudes. Spoiled, hi-so students. Piles of meaningless paperwork you simply fill in and sign, so the students can run amok and get those scores their parents pay handsomely for. Admins, both Thai and farang, who to be blunt are the scum of the Earth. They love taking newcomers as they churn through so many. Higher salary, but absolutely not worth the stress. Good luck.

I would not recommend any government school unless you are just any bloke.

OP: Get the list of top Thai schools. Work only at those schools. With a few of those on your resume and some ambition good things happen.

The idea of working only in your little area is narrow and self defeating. Dead end.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

famous name private schools. Absolutely horrible attitudes. Spoiled, hi-so students.

Maybe horrible attitudes at/ from admins, Thai teachers treat you with disdain no matter how hard working, competent you are. It's bitterness.

Even on rare occasions a tiny minority of students might treat you a bit like service staff they are never rude. Ever. I disagree.