Does anyone know if you can get a meeting with a prosecuting attorney in Pattaya?

Longwood50

in Thailand, like in many countries, you can "be" the prosecutor on private matters in criminal courts even if no public prosecutor want to take the case and lose time and money

but an experienced public prosecutor will not take case based on "nothing",

yourself with the help of a private counsel could, but be prepared to be sued back by the other party if you lose or the case is dismissed for lack of evidence. The whole process can take 2 or 3 years.

Does anyone have that much time to waste unless it's done for pure revenge?

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, Longwood50 said:

Did anyone request commentary? 

Thats what forums are for.

Sounds like you need to move from that village.

You've probably created a rift that will make life pretty rough there.

Hopefully its not your wife's village.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes aware of that.  However at this point there have been no accusations, only requests for financial reporting and audits.  

So from what you are saying he's 'cooking the books'?

Pocketing money?

17 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

The attempt to grab my cell phone and in the process grab me even after being warned to not lay his hands on me is what I would like to discuss with a prosecuting attorney.  I would like someone who is knowledgeable about Thai law to view the tape and say that yes, this is something that is a violation of the law, or no, that no judge would view this as an infraction. 

Regarding the land office.  It can be documented that signatures shown to be in attendance at the meeting to reach a quorum were never in attendance with some even out of the country.  It can be documented that the person who the documents said conducted the meeting, was nominated, and elected as chairperson of the committee said nothing, was never nominated, and that another person was in fact nominated and elected.  The video tapes evidence that yet another person that it was reported to the land office as being in attendance, nominated, and elected to vice chairperson was not in attendance, never nominated, and never even voted on. 

These are just a few of the infractions.  Despite written requests for financial records, it has been ignored, even when the request came from an attorney.  There has been no audit, no filing with the land office, no balance sheet and no separate account for funds of the Juristic Entity rather the money has been deposited in the persons personal account with the majority of the fees being demanded to be paid in cash rather than transfer.  

This is just a small sample of the questionable activity.  The questioning it is what raised the rhetoric at the last minute with the chairperson attempting to secure my cell phone to stop the taping.  It can certainly be recognized that videotapes of the meeting can dispute what has been filed and attested to at the Land Office. 

Then concentrate on those infractions. Forget about the Thai guy grabbing you, that's just distracting you from your primary mission.

I don't understand why the OP is reluctant to hire his own lawyer.  Hire a lawyer, ask for their advice and go from there.  Trying to get free legal advice from a government lawyer seems like the wrong way to go about this situation. 

Are you the only resident that is complaining? 

You have rights as a co-owner. 

If the other co-owners are not happy you can remove and replace the Juristic company. 

We did in a condo I used to own, just get some quotes from other companies. 

Also, if no one else is bothered, You may be overreacting, you'll find all the Juristic companies will do at times things that may not please you. 

11 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

"Without going into too much detail, we are encountering a problem in our village with the Juristic Entity"

I didn't know there were villages in Pattaya? 

Don't be difficult, Moo Bahn or housing 'estate'. They are often called villages. 

12 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

"Without going into too much detail, we are encountering a problem in our village with the Juristic Entity"

I didn't know there were villages in Pattaya? 

Just applied to True for internet (current ISP is garbage).

The online form you fill out asks name of building/Village.

spacer.png

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, treetops said:

Better tell the folk that live here by Third Road.

My bad, living in Cenral Pattaya I'd never heard of anyone talking about villages. I also keep forgetting the massive Darkside exists lol

Edited by aussiexpat