Visa Agents? Yay or Nay?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

doubt it, maybe someone else can confirm they only pay 3,000 for just paper processing

Exactly what I've paid here in Chiang Mai for the last four years.
All copies, photo with blue background, etc. And includes a ride to the airport to avoid parking hassles. Even instigated the renewal of my OA medical insurance with LMG.  My only job was to get the bank statements and passbook update. Granted, things have gotten so much easier here in the last few years, whereby do I really did need a hand holding agent.... Will reevaluate such service next cycle.

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2022 at 5:03 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Agents with good reputation are fine, they work hand in hand with immigration

Mines married to one so pretty safe bet using them 

used for last 7 years no problems cost is about 40 ish baht a day no need to worry about money importing saving etc 

cant see myself changing its too easy and comfortable

But i know others who will vehemently disagree for their own reasons

That i care not one iota

up tooo you/me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I said legal agents charge that amount. 

Assistance with a legit retirement extension will typically include:

• assisting with getting the correct documents from the bank;
  • filling out and checking the other documents;
  • transporting you to and from immigration; and
  • VIP queuing so you only need to spend a limited time at the immigration office.

Including the 1,900 baht regular fee for the extension, you should expect to pay a good agent around 7,000 baht. I regard this as reasonable.

For assistance with a marriage extension, the price will be higher.

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

That sounds about right... and not only paper processing but they send me notifications when I need to come in for both annual and 90 day... before it was sometimes in the back of my mind to be aware of when my time had come, now I don't have to think about it... part of the service. 

I  use a wall calendar to do that ,works very well just fill in the dates, have it

on the wall near breakfast table , so I see it every morning, 90 day I do online

or by post , so easy.never missed a date in many years,

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I never heard about this "Legal Agent" before - I always assumed an Agent was an Agent ?

Not necessarily, some agents are secret and have numbers prefixed with double '0' but I don't think they do visa extensions.  :whistling:

Edited by Chris.B
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

That sounds about right... and not only paper processing but they send me notifications when I need to come in for both annual and 90 day... before it was sometimes in the back of my mind to be aware of when my time had come, now I don't have to think about it... part of the service. 

3,000 + 1,900?

Guest Isaanlife
On 1/17/2022 at 4:39 AM, FalangTingTong said:

I’m not an expert but I used an agent and was happy with the service.  For retirement I ended up paying about 1000€ all-in, and that got me 15 months, which I may or may not extend.

Totally safe and legal, for Asian definitions of both.

Only downside was I had to surrender my passport for several weeks, which I don’t think I’d be happy to do again just because of the risk: they’re not going to lose the thing but if you *must* go home before you get it back, you’re in for a whole lot of pain.  However that might not apply to you or your visa type.

At least go talk to a couple agents and ask about the details.

There was a recent post where an agent never returned the expat's passport. He is still fighting to get it back.

15 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I qualify and still use an agent.. I did my own for many many years but now that I live in an area where there are agents who will fill out all the forms for me and make sure all is neat and proper, and whisk me in an out of Immigration, as the IO knows that all forms are properly prepared, since it is easily affordable for me, it is a service I choose to happily purchase... it takes all the anxiety out of the process... 

Love it, it's not that I am lazy, I hate hanging around all these complaining Farang's in Immigration, so would use an agent next time.  They start getting picky, I''ll use the Elite Visa route, slam bam thank you ma'am and good for 5-10 years.???? ???? ????

1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

it's not that I am lazy

I am. Did it myself for a few years, always a hassle. The agent route, so far (touch wood), has been hassle free. It's like when you upgrade your lifestyle, you were happy with <deleted>, now there's no going back. My advice, if you're doing it yourself, carry on; once you use a decent agent you'll be ruined.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:51 PM, DrJack54 said:

Give the new online system a go.

You have to register. 

Many reports of success after failure with old system 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/register/add 

I would use that except I don't have a printer to print the slip off, others have said just use it and keep a copy of it on your phone, not sure how that would sit with immigration or the police, anyone know for sure ? 

39 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I would use that except I don't have a printer to print the slip off, others have said just use it and keep a copy of it on your phone, not sure how that would sit with immigration or the police, anyone know for sure ? 

If your dealing with CW.

They have stall lower level.

You forward the email on the spot and they print.

Screenshot won't cut it. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Thanks I'm in Pattaya so i suppose the attitude would be the same in Jomtien immigration.

Can only assume so.

Im only going on my personal experience with previous system at CW.

Perhaps ask in Pattaya forum.

Your hotel can't print it out for you?

Any printshop will do.

Obviously you require internet to forward your confirmation email to them.

Edited by DrJack54