The Silent, Vaccinated, Impatient Majority

cdemundo

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

An absolutely disgusting thing to say.  Hopefully, you're just trolling and don't really think that.  There are easier ways around this.  Sad you don't agree with them.

It was a question, and you didn’t answer it. Not trolling at all. 

You’ve suggested before that the unvaccinated should move to the back of the line for healthcare, so why shouldn’t someone who has been vaccinated, but also neglected their own health for decades, fall behind someone like me if there is limited care available?

• Thanks 1

I think you'll agree a good portion of the world isn't educated enough to make intelligent medical decisions like this.  

A good portion of the world isn’t smart enough to make most of the important decisions in life. Does that mean we should let the government make these decisions for us? 

Maybe they should decide what we eat, what we drink, how many hours a day we can spend sitting on the couch or at our computer desk, whether or not we’re allowed to make babies.
It would probably improve a lot of people’s situation in life if they did, but it’s not the world I want to live in. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

He said this:

An absolutely disgusting thing to say.  Especially since many lung cancer patients don't get cancer from smoking.  I've got a relative like this.  Not sure where she got it, but she's dying.  Never smoked a day in her life.

I’m not talking about your relative. I’m talking about the people who knew the risks of smoking from the very beginning and chose to do it anyway, and then expected to be saved at any cost to the system when they predictably got cancer. 
These people have been taking up space in hospitals forever. I’m sorry if you think it’s disgusting that I don’t have much sympathy for them. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Ridiculous to try and compare old flu seasons with what's going on now.  But typical of a covid denier.  Classic actually.

I’m just stating facts. I’m sorry if they’re inconvenient to you.

If you can dig up a quote where I’ve ever denied the existence of covid, or it’s severity to certain groups of people I will delete my account on this forum, and you’ll never have to read one of my posts ever again. 

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You assume ‘self inflicted’.

Life style diseases occur in a population at a predictable rate, they don’t grow exponentially over very short periods as do COVID infections.

What difference does it make? People with lifestyle related illnesses have been straining the system forever, and they represent a very large portion of those who are dying from covid as well. 

Without those people, the system could cope much easier. That’s all there is to it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Saanim said:

A good answer. Or is it an argument? Even better than "misinformation"...

Hard to argue with statements like you made.  They've been addressed dozens of time by dozens of members here.  And you still don't get it. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

level of protection afforded by vaccination

Anyone with a pulse probably has concluded by now that mRNA therapies provide protection albeit temporary due to vaccine waning effect as evidenced by the plethora of boosters recommended, up to 4 now with an omicron specific concoction in the works.

Edited by onthedarkside
misinfo comment removed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ryan754326 said:

The reason I think it’s relevant is because if we’re going to force vaccines on those who don’t want them, then we should also be forcing lifestyle changes on the large part of the population who was responsible for straining our healthcare system before covid came along, and still continues to make up the bulk of those who die of covid, along with all of their other co-morbidities. 

It’s the same group of people who were already dying of heart attacks, strokes, and diabetes, who are now dying of covid in the greatest numbers, by far. 

The idea that vaccines alone can fix this problem, while people just continue on eating themselves to death, is not realistic. 

Whataboutary

12 hours ago, fjb 24 said:

Anyone with a pulse probably has concluded by now that mRNA therapies provide protection albeit temporary due to vaccine waning effect as evidenced by the plethora of boosters recommended, up to 4 now with an omicron specific concoction in the works.

Anyone with basic knowledge of the statistics knows that while protection against transmission sharply declines in all forms of covid vaccination, mRNA vaccines still provide a very high level of protection against serious illness and death. In fact, the highest level of all vaccines. Why is it so difficult for anti-vaxxers to understand the effectiveness against transmission is one thing and protection against serious illness and death quite another? Why is it so difficult for ant-vaxxers to understand the difference between antibody protection on the one hand and T-Cell and B-Cell immunity on the other?

• Like 2

On 1/28/2022 at 3:13 PM, placeholder said:

This, of course, is just another conspiracy theory Apparently, to your way of thinking, most of the virologists and epidemiologists in the world are turning out tons of fake results of research due to their political beliefs or for some other dark motive. Do you have any idea of how crazy your kind of thinking is? 

I will get back to you in due time.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, fjb 24 said:

Why do you feel the need to downplay and the best weapon we have in this war?  One that works and has saved millions of lives.  Bizarre.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

Multiple misinformation posts on the following issue have been removed along with replies:

https://www.aap.com.au/factcheck/england-covid-deaths-data-misused-in-false-vaccine-efficacy-claim/

England COVID deaths data misused in false vaccine efficacy claim

(Australian Associated Press)

"WHAT WAS CLAIMED

COVID-19 data from England suggests that vaccinated people have a higher risk of dying with the virus than the unvaccinated.

OUR VERDICT

False. A fair analysis of the data shows unvaccinated people are far more likely to die with COVID-19 across all age groups."

"Some social media posts are pointing to COVID-19 data from England as proof that vaccinated people are at a higher risk of death than unvaccinated people.

However, the claim relies on a misleading interpretation of the country’s official COVID-19 figures. While it is true that the majority of people dying with COVID-19 in England are vaccinated, this can be put down to high vaccination rates – particularly in the most vulnerable segments of the community.

When the figures are weighed for the numbers of people in the vaccinated and unvaccinated cohorts, the data shows the unvaccinated are far more likely to die after testing positive for the coronavirus."

(more)

And similar here as relates to the same issue raised in Scotland:

"Currently, 86.5% of adults in Scotland are fully vaccinated. As these numbers show, vaccinated people far outnumber unvaccinated people. As such, we cannot directly compare the number of deaths in one group to the other, as the Exposé article did. In order to determine whether the vaccines are effective at reducing the risk of death, we need to instead compare the proportion of deaths between the vaccinated and unvaccinated groups, as explained by biostatistician Lucy D’Agostino McGowan in this tweet. This method accounts for the large disparity in the size of the two groups."

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/vaccines-are-highly-effective-at-reducing-the-risk-of-death-from-covid-19-the-expose-misleadingly-claims-the-uk-vaccination-campaign-has-failed/

Very good articles!  I've seen some members here post this nonsense, but had a hard time sussing out what was really going on.  Just looking at a bunch of data didn't make sense.

Sad some do this.  Not sure why they feel the need to do this.  It does nothing but endanger others and help extend this pandemic.  Kinda like the nutters who reference VAERS for proof of thousands of deaths due to the vaccines.  Luckily, that's been debunked thoroughly. LOL

Great articles, thanks!

• Like 1