The Silent, Vaccinated, Impatient Majority

cdemundo

On 1/18/2022 at 8:18 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

The unvaccinated are significantly more likely to become seriously ill, hospitalized or die.

Do you mean the TINY MINORITY of high-risk unvaccinated folks with underlying HEALTH conditions are significantly more likely to become seriously ill, hospitalized, or die? Or, are you suggesting that anyone... whatever their age, weight, physical condition, and health status... are significantly more likely to become seriously ill, hospitalized, or die if they're unvaccinated? I've never quite understood the broad use of "The Unvaccinated," so I'm open to being educated.  

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

CDC, January 28, 2022

Before Delta became the predominant variant in June, case rates were higher among persons who survived a previous infection than persons who were vaccinated alone. By early October, persons who survived a previous infection had lower case rates than persons who were vaccinated alone.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1

*Deleted post edited out*

Well, if you want to risk waiting till you get natural immunity, go right ahead. I'm triple vaccinated now with AZ, Pfizer and Moderna. This week I got notifications on my check in app from virtually everywhere I checked in last week. Tonight I tested negative on a saliva RAT test.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have had no vaccines and haven't yet been tested at all.

When is your next booster due ?

I guess when there is an omicron specific vaccine available, otherwise I'm fully vacinated now. I do understand that protection against infection may wane but protection against serious illness remains largely intact. That's the main metric as far as I'm concerned.

"Protection against infection and death during the Delta-predominant period and against infection during Omicron emergence were higher among booster vaccine dose recipients, especially among persons aged 50–64 and ≥65 years."

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

My link has already been labeled as being fake news , no point in posting it as its already been judged as being fake 

Hey Chomper, you laughed at that post .

Maybe do haven't yet scrolled down/up to where I posted the report .

You will stop laughing when you read the report .

Go on, give this post a laugh as well 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

!Dr. Benjamin Silk of the CDC told the media last week, “Before the Delta variant, COVID-19 vaccination resulted in better protection against a subsequent infection than surviving a previous infection.”

“When looking at the summer and the fall of 2021, when Delta became the dominant in this country, however, surviving a previous infection now provided greater protection against subsequent infection than vaccination,” he added."

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/natural-immunity-gets-another-boost-from-two-new-u-s-studies/

From your hypertext link above:

"Although the epidemiology of COVID-19 might change as new variants emerge, vaccination remains the safest strategy for averting future SARS-CoV-2 infections, hospitalizations, long-term sequelae, and death,"

“This is the figure people need to understand – the unvaccinated population only makes up about 8 per cent of all eligible Queenslanders, but currently they’re making up between 20 and 30 per cent of our deaths.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/minister-slams-misinformation-on-unvaccinated-covid-19-deaths-20220128-p59s1t.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Hey Chomper, you laughed at that post .

Maybe do haven't yet scrolled down/up to where I posted the report .

You will stop laughing when you read the report .

Go on, give this post a laugh as well 

I’m still laughing at this, from your linked report:

previous SARS-CoV-2 infection also confers protection against severe outcomes in the event of reinfection.” 

Which ignores the fact that the first infection comes with a significant risk of severe outcomes.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

CDC, January 28, 2022

Before Delta became the predominant variant in June, case rates were higher among persons who survived a previous infection than persons who were vaccinated alone. By early October, persons who survived a previous infection had lower case rates than persons who were vaccinated alone.

I think it's important to understand that the small differences may occur for a reason.  First, this looks at those that survived an infection and those are usually people who are younger and healthier than those who did not survive an infection.  

The difference in the rates is small.  There is no doubt that having been infected and surviving (without a lot of complications) does confer immunity.  Many places treat a verified previous infection in the same way they do a vaccinated person.   

Natural immunity fades the same way as antibodies from vaccinated people.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I didn't refuse pfizer because of misinformation, whatever that may be, but from what I researched on reputable sites about side effects. To be clear, side effects are real, and factual.

and vanishingly rare; especially when compared with the risks of COVID disease.

Edited by cdemundo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cdemundo said:

and vanishingly rare; especially when compared with the risks of COVID disease.

Only if one that wasn't affected by bad side effects, like the guy I know.

What % of the 8 billion people on the planet are are getting sick enough with covid to go to hospital, and of them what % are dying OF covid, NOT WITH?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stubby said:

Do you mean the TINY MINORITY of high-risk unvaccinated folks with underlying HEALTH conditions are significantly more likely to become seriously ill, hospitalized, or die? Or, are you suggesting that anyone... whatever their age, weight, physical condition, and health status... are significantly more likely to become seriously ill, hospitalized, or die if they're unvaccinated? I've never quite understood the broad use of "The Unvaccinated," so I'm open to being educated.  

Thank you.

I doubt there will be a satisfactory answer to that.

I still haven't been able to find out the % that died that were previously fit and healthy, and unaffected by some underlying health condition. I doubt I ever will know that though.

The fear campaign is well and truly under way where I live.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

For the unvaccinated, the situation is very different. Omicron is still severe enough that it will lead to debilitating illness and death for many unvaccinated people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/11/briefing/omicron-deaths-vaccinated-vs-unvaccinated.html

11-MORNING-DEATHS-CHART-superJumbo-v4.pn

I wouldn't be considering death rates in a city like N Y to be representative of anything except a city like N Y. IMO a city like that has to be about as unhealthy as it's possible to get in a western country. Massive air toxicity, food that has to be trucked in from far away, and probably processed with large amounts of sugar and chemicals, people crammed into unhealthy slums or living rough.

Tell me the rate in a rural area where people actually do hard physical work for a living and breath decent air.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Take a look at Herman Cain Awards on reddit.

There you can see that the young, healthy, with strong immune systems catch COVID and go to the hospital and often die.

It's the numerator, not the denominator, if 1/1000 or 1/1,000,000 if you are the 1....

Define "often". That word can mean anything one wants it to.

Do you have access to their medical records to claim that they are "healthy" and have "strong immune systems"? For all I know they were 10 kg overweight and spent all day on playstation, and /or smoked.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Only if one that wasn't affected by bad side effects, like the guy I know.

What % of the 8 billion people on the planet are are getting sick enough with covid to go to hospital, and of them what % are dying OF covid, NOT WITH?

I meant to put NEARLY 8 billion people. Couldn't edit by the time I realised I missed the "nearly".

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

In the US, the death certificate is a legal document signed by a doctor stating the cause of death.  It's a big deal.  If covid was the trigger, then it will be listed as the cause of death.  If it wasn't the trigger, then it won't be listed as the cause of death.

The US only has a fraction of the world population and my queries concern the entire world population ( unless stated otherwise ).