The Silent, Vaccinated, Impatient Majority

cdemundo

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

What was sold to the public was that these vaccines would stop transmission and end the pandemic. That was why the world has jumped onto this idea of vaccines mandates, vaccinations to enter countries etc...

At best you can say these are temporary treatments which require multiple shots PER YEAR. None of this justifies the talk about mandates. Thus stop the shilling for these medical products and either get your shots or shut up about it.

I only require flu shots once a year in Australia. Twice a year is recommended in Thailand. New variants of vaccines are produced to counter mutations. No big deal.

I follow the science. In Australia, the science is saying 90% of COVID patients in hospitals are unvaccinated. They reduce the ability of medical staff to cater for non-COVID patients.

Certainly, vaccines were originally sold on the basis of preventing COVID. The fact they don't is no excuse for throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I'll take a mild illness over hospitalisation and possible intubation any time.

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, Sir?" ( Keynes )

My GF and I are a case in point. I was vaccinated, she was not. We both got COVID. I had a runny nose and sore throat for 2-3 days, she was ill for 10-11 days. Therefore, we were both infectious for corresponding periods. QED.

It doesn't bother me if I get jabbed once, twice or 3 times a year. I've made it to 78, and I've had so many vaccines I probably look like a pincushion.

I'd suggest if you are opposed to mandates, you should live somewhere remote, like Bouvet Island.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

SNIP....

If you're actually at risk consider the average age of death for COVID is around life expectancy so how much longer do you think this vaccine is going to prolong your life anyways? 

Your misunderstanding of mathematics is stunningly clear.  Life expectancy is an average over all ages.   Perhaps more clearly stated it is the expectancy at birth.

Thailand's life expectancy in 2019 was 77.15.

In your opinion if an otherwise average Thai aged 70 dies from COVID how many years of their life was forfeited?

Is 7.15 your guess?

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

Remember when we used to ask the question of how the Nazi's came to commit mass atrocities? Well this is how. Listening to some of the world leaders you can totally understand how under war conditions they would slaughter millions of their own people.

Don't think it can't happen again.

See "Godwin's law".

18 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Now way that's true. Find out how they got those figures. The people in the hospital with COVID are so old and sick there's no way they are staying out of the hospital and some of them are going to contract COVID at the same time.

I bet they're counting non-related admissions if they're unvaccinated and if they're vaccinated only counted if they are admitted directly because of COVID.

“I bet they're counting non-related admissions if they're unvaccinated and if they're vaccinated only counted if they are admitted directly because of COVID.”

A baseless assertion, baseless assertions seemingly being your thing today. 

51 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Now way that's true. Find out how they got those figures. The people in the hospital with COVID are so old and sick there's no way they are staying out of the hospital and some of them are going to contract COVID at the same time.

I bet they're counting non-related admissions if they're unvaccinated and if they're vaccinated only counted if they are admitted directly because of COVID.

As a conspiracy theory, I suppose it's up there with Trump saying he won.

A quote for you:

"A recent study in Mumbai found 96 per cent of COVID-19 patients who required oxygen were unvaccinated"

Here's the complete link:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-16/lessons-from-omicron-outbreak-in-india/100751716

So inconvenient for anti-vaxxers when facts get in the way of their addle-pated beliefs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Well that didn't take long.

Not the record zero to Nazi elapsed time here, but close.

We have an Australian politician, George Christensen, who dogwhistles his constituency with the same nonsense.

He is also known as the Member for Manila. That arises from his frequent visits to the Philippines at taxpayer expense. It's a sad commentary on the standards of the Liberal Party when they refuse to repudiate him.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, rumak said:

probably why the vax crazies here love em and trust em .     these guys are so removed from reality all they have is a forum to fight with others and ......call names.  haha   like little five year olds .    

like in every group...... there are a few with ability to see beyond what they are told.

Ah, I see. Anti-vaxxers are pillars of common sense. People who get vaccinated are dumb sheep.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The realpolitik reality for political leaders like Macron who promote vaccination for their nation’s citizens is clear.

Anti-vaxxers are not going to vote for a pro-vaccine leader/party.

Anti-vaxxers are a minority.

Anti-vaxxers are disproportionately consuming health services and associated budgets.

Everyone is sick of the pandemic, the majority are doing their bit to see the back of it by getting vaccinated, the anti-vaxxers are freeloading on the majority.

Of course Macron is going to target the anti-vaxxers; there are no votes in pandering to them and positive reception to the move amongst the majority who are vaccinated.

There is sound reasoning behind Macron’s move.

What needs explaining is political leaders who promote anti-vaccine anti-public health measure messaging that results in their own supporters being at increased risk of serious illness, hospitalization and death.

Promoting the increased likelihood of death amongst your own political base defies logic.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 2

The Victorian government will issue a statewide Code Brown for it's health service, cancelling leave for thousands of staff.

Scheduled leave will be cancelled for doctors, nurses and ambulance staff, with the Australian Defence Force expected to be called to assist. 

A Code Brown is an emergency setting usually reserved for external emergencies such as natural disasters and mass casualty events.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-18/victoria-code-brown-healthcare-workers/100750920

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The Victorian government will issue a statewide Code Brown for it's health service, cancelling leave for thousands of staff.

Scheduled leave will be cancelled for doctors, nurses and ambulance staff, with the Australian Defence Force expected to be called to assist. 

A Code Brown is an emergency setting usually reserved for external emergencies such as natural disasters and mass casualty events.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-18/victoria-code-brown-healthcare-workers/100750920

The real problem for Australia is no-one knows how many people are actually infected, due to the nationwide shortage of RAT kits. PCR testing can't keep up, too slow.

Every undetected infected person probably infects ten others, so the case load increases exponentially. It's lucky omicron does not appear to be as severe as delta.

IMO Australians are waiting impatiently for the next election, which can't be deferred past May.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Rubbish. It was only ever said they would reduce transmission.

Wrong.

"You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations,"

"If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

-Joe Biden

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

In Australia, the science is saying 90% of COVID patients in hospitals are unvaccinated.

But the facts (numbers) are saying something different.

Let’s look at New South Wales (population 8.166 million)

“2,030 COVID-19 patients were hospitalized in New South Wales. Of those patients, 28.8% were unvaccinated and 68.9% were fully vaccinated.”

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/jan/14/blog-posting/australia-vaccination-status-hospitalized-covid-19/

2030 in the hospital out of 8,166,000.  That’s one out of every (over) 4,000 people.  Insignificant.

Feel free to pull up the statistics for the other states.

And next time, please refrain from posting misinformation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Wrong.

"You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations,"

"If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

-Joe Biden

During the same public appearance, Biden also stated, accurately, that vaccinated people are less likely to catch the virus than unvaccinated people and, if they do catch it, are less likely to get sick.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

During the same public appearance, Biden also stated, accurately, that vaccinated people are less likely to catch the virus than unvaccinated people and, if they do catch it, are less likely to get sick.

But that’s not what we are talking about.  

We are discussing YOUR claim that “It was only ever said they would reduce transmission.”

please refrain from posting misinformation.  It only hinders your cause.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Airalee said:

But that’s not what we are talking about.  

We are discussing YOUR claim that “It was only ever said they would reduce transmission.”

please refrain from posting misinformation.  It only hinders your cause.

And you are gullible enough to think he didn't know the difference. Joe Biden is not a medical expert. No medical expert has ever said that. Ever.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

And you are gullible enough to think he didn't know the difference. Joe Biden is not a medical expert. No medical expert has ever said that. Ever.

You should be more explicit when you make sweeping statements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

No.  Overweight and Obese people are.  2.8 million deaths annually.  

https://www.who.int/news-room/facts-in-pictures/detail/6-facts-on-obesity

Of the 5.5 million global Covid 19 deaths, how many were overweight or obese?

Perhaps there should be mandates on peoples weights?  Forced dietary restrictions if over a 24 BMI?

Let me see if you can grasp this.

An overweight person who is vaccination has a much lower chance of being made seriously ill, hospitalized or killed by COVID than does an unvaccinated overweight person.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2