Resumption of ‘Test and Go’ registrations, new COVID measures, to be decided by CCSA Thursday

snoop1130

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The program resumption may begin on February 1st but possibly with stricter measures.

Will it be necessary to declare what is the colour of the hair in the armpits, the size of the nose boogers, pass an astronaut test? What more???

15 hours ago, Letseng said:

It is Russian roulette to bring tourists here.

Look at 100.000 infections in Germany today. Why bring such ppl here so that they can ignore every hygiene rule there is? Enough farangs with mask under their nose or wearing no mask at all in stores. 

same can ne said for many Thais ..not all farangs are bad ...some of us follow the rules don't paint all of us with the same brush 

• Like 1

I know 2 people that just missed out on Test n Go, and changed plans to do the Phuket Sandbox in early February.

They booked their flights, paid for hotels and PCR tests, and applied for the Thai Pass and was granted...

...and today, they may go back to Test n Go.

I wonder if those 7-day hotel bookings and flights will be able to be cancelled.

Poor sods.

10 minutes ago, DLock said:

I know 2 people that just missed out on Test n Go, and changed plans to do the Phuket Sandbox in early February.

They booked their flights, paid for hotels and PCR tests, and applied for the Thai Pass and was granted...

...and today, they may go back to Test n Go.

I wonder if those 7-day hotel bookings and flights will be able to be cancelled.

Poor sods.

if they got their QR they can enter on the date.

Program is still running, just suspension of new applications 

16 hours ago, Letseng said:

Look at 100.000 infections in Germany today. Why bring such ppl here so that they can ignore every hygiene rule there is? Enough farangs with mask under their nose or wearing no mask at all in stores. 

And Today, Phuket Authorities have announced a crackdown on Tourists not wearing Masks.

And not before time IMO

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

And Today, Phuket Authorities have announced a crackdown on Tourists not wearing Masks.

And not before time IMO

Yes an I do agree, when I'm out here in Phuket, shopping or whatever I can say that certainly at least 50% of what are obviously tourists are not bothering at all with masks and are wondering about oblivious to everyone else around them that are. The rule should also be enforced for them, not just locals and us expats who are.

• Like 1

Stop the astonishing degree of cowardice taking place within this administration.

Man up, and do something to help your people, for a change.

Admit this is not as bad as you thought it was going to be, when you panicked and shut down, yet again.

Be courageous, and admit this is NOT the Zombie Apocalypse.

You have destroyed the economy, ruined lives, caused suicides, wreaked havoc, and move Thailand backwards. Do something positive for a change!

85.jpeg

1200x800.jpg

20200915_185824.jpg

20210519_205816.jpg

20211013_132154.jpg

20211029_095601.jpg

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Stop the astonishing degree of cowardice taking place within this administration.

Man up, and do something to help your people, for a change.

Admit this is not as bad as you thought it was going to be, when you panicked and shut down, yet again.

Be courageous, and admit this is NOT the Zombie Apocalypse.

You have destroyed the economy, ruined lives, caused suicides, wreaked havoc, and move Thailand backwards. Do something positive for a change!

85.jpeg

1200x800.jpg

20200915_185824.jpg

20210519_205816.jpg

20211013_132154.jpg

20211029_095601.jpg

That first picture is the NEW Khaosan road almost 24/7 now except for a few hours on weekend nights when the Uni kids hang there....The youtubes love to film then and can claim Khaosan road is BACK...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The program resumption may begin on February 1st but possibly with stricter measures.

For the past two years, all the government's C19 restrictions like masks, social distancing, vaccinations and boosters don’t really stop the C19.
Only the innocent locals are suffering from it.
It seems like most countries are going to end their C19 restrictions and live with the virus soon, but Thailand is going to make the measures more strict.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/19/boris-johnson-announces-end-to-all-omicron-covid-restrictions-in-england

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Swampy999 said:

So Thailand might resume test and go whilst in China, Yuzhou, which has a population of 1.1 million, saw its transport system shut down and all but essential food stores closed overnight.

It follows a similar lockdown in Xi'an, where 13 million have been confined to their homes since 23 December. Then the city of Anyang in Henan province on Monday night told its five million residents to not leave their homes

Is there something that the powers to be here in Thailand are keeping quiet about ????????????

China is going for zero covid which they will eventually realise is impossible, or maybe they don’t want to…. 

Even one of the most ‘Covid-19 is end of days’ talking heads has now wised up to the idea that we need to get on with our lives.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/19/science-covid-ineradicable-disease-prevention

Unrestricted international travel needs to return ASAP.

Edited by thisisrascal

19 hours ago, Letseng said:

An expat from my town in the UK is forever trying to keep us away from thailand with his doomsday reports,etc (every one has proved incorrect btw).

He's known to be tight and certainly no oil painting, so we can only think he's worried he'll have to start paying top dollar for women when tourists arrive again.

Thinking about it, you may be him.

49 minutes ago, thisisrascal said:

China is going for zero covid which they will eventually realise is impossible, or maybe they don’t want to…. 

Even one of the most ‘Covid-19 is end of days’ talking heads has now wised up to the idea that we need to get on with our lives.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/19/science-covid-ineradicable-disease-prevention

Unrestricted international travel needs to return ASAP.

Is it really about zero covid, or is it about move governmental control, more excessive oppression by Xi, and more nonsense? Unrestricted international travel will return here, at some point, and it will be far too late. Expect no more than 5 million tourists a year, five or six years from now. And do not expect any more than that, in our lifetime.

Thailand has become the forgotten nation. 

Edited by spidermike007

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Is it really about zero covid, or is it about move governmental control, more excessive oppression by Xi, and more nonsense? Unrestricted international travel will return here, at some point, and it will be far too late. Expect no more than 5 million tourists a year, five or six years from now. And do not expect any more than that, in our lifetime.

Thailand has become the forgotten nation. 

It’s this one ????

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Capella said:

I've postponed my booster for that very reason. But I wonder how long it will be before the official definition fo 'unvaccinated' includes those who haven't had the booster? 

Well IMO, there's no downside to getting the booster and if the associated paperwork makes life easier, it's a no-brainer. I (again IMO) predict that countries like UK will soon offer an annual Covid booster alongside one's annual 'flu shot

• Like 1