Resumption of ‘Test and Go’ registrations, new COVID measures, to be decided by CCSA Thursday

snoop1130

34 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

I’m confused. All this talk of reintroducing the Test & Go, but the article below says travellers must book a hotel room for, “at least five nights”. Which is still quarantine, surely. 

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40011319

My friend is Thai most certainly not "dim" coming back from living Holland for years

she freely admits today on fakebook even in Thai she cant understand the procedure

• Like 2

Advice needed...arriving 3rd February from UK.

I've just got my 60 day tourist visa from the London embassy and had to submit evidence of accommodation as part of that. I'd booked ASQ at one of the Centre Point hotels in Bangkok but there is free cancellation until 31st January. Haven't commenced application for the Thai Pass - was going to apply under the ASQ category but it now seems not required!

Presumably it's OK to change my accommodation booking now to a T&G package at Centre Point or elsewhere as soon as these options show and then apply for Thailand Pass on that basis?

Note: Thailand Pass website https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan still has Test & Go option greyed out. Presuming that will change in the next 24 hours....if it's not selectable until 1st February then people like me will be stuck with AQ. 

Edited by MarkyM3

17 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Except that there are many countries that are not moving on from Covid, due to mass infections, so, what's your point? 

Do you think France is moving on with 484,000 new infections today? 

You have to remember that 480,000 of those are sitting at home with no symptoms.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MarkyM3 said:

Advice needed...arriving 3rd February from UK.

I've just got my 60 day tourist visa from the London embassy and had to submit evidence of accommodation as part of that. I'd booked ASQ at one of the Centre Point hotels in Bangkok but there is free cancellation until 31st January. Haven't commenced application for the Thai Pass - was going to apply under the ASQ category but it now seems not required!

Presumably it's OK to change my accommodation booking now to a T&G package at Centre Point or elsewhere as soon as these options show and then apply for Thailand Pass on that basis?

Note: Thailand Pass website https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan still has Test & Go option greyed out. Presuming that will change in the next 24 hours....if it's not selectable until 1st February then people like me will be stuck with AQ. 

Should be on again 1st Feb. Not sure when anyone can start the application though.

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Me too, flying 27th. Had enough waiting for the T&G come back. Wife's going to be a bit bowlegged for few weeks. 

That said,  - much as I wanted it back - having it back in February might be a bad idea. I think lifting it in March would be better. Thailand has not really seen the wave that other countries have been experiencing - probably due to being 142nd in the world for per million testing. The Uk is now starting to live with it and move away from restrictions. Thailand really is about 4-6 weeks behind the UK wave - or it should be. So, for me open it , but in March for more data in Thailand. You cannot really open a country up when you have children still not back at school after a year and limits on places working hours

Omicron is only 60 % of the Thai story

The other 40% is Delta with a population that as yet has not reached 66 % full Vaccination.

33 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Should be on again 1st Feb. Not sure when anyone can start the application though.

Decided to stick with current AQ hotel because revised T&G says I have to spend 5 days at one hotel anyway, rather than 7 for AQ, and still do the 2 * PCR tests. The differences will be I can get out of the room if I pass Day 1 test and won't need the 3 meals a day delivered thereafter. I have asked them if they will give me a discount on that. 

That's all assuming the T&G website is adjusted quickly to allow T&G applications to be filed now where they become effective after 1st Feb, otherwise I can't leave it to last minute and will just have to apply for the Pass under AQ.

Edited by MarkyM3

This time they will see a large failure, adding PCR tests and  uncontrolled hospital visit that the person can't see the results in front of Thier eyes, will be a +90% failure compared to November last year.

Should be Antigen on arrival only if they want people to come.

And details of the rip off insurance is yet to come. How on earth are they reporting that it cost the government 100 million baht ????. Forced Hospital, inflated prices for tests and treatment that's not needed. 

Ba mak mak ! Idea.

Will be interesting to see how many actually book this time, as most expats are back and real tourists will not put up with 3+ PCR tests unless they are free and no hospital ! And rip off insurance.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UKPaul67 said:

This time they will see a large failure, adding PCR tests and  uncontrolled hospital visit that the person can't see the results in front of Thier eyes, will be a +90% failure compared to November last year.

Should be Antigen on arrival only if they want people to come.

And details of the rip off insurance is yet to come. How on earth are they reporting that it cost the government 100 million baht ????. Forced Hospital, inflated prices for tests and treatment that's not needed. 

Ba mak mak ! Idea.

Will be interesting to see how many actually book this time, as most expats are back and real tourists will not put up with 3+ PCR tests unless they are free and no hospital ! And rip off insurance.

The 5 day thing does seem like a variation on the sandbox theme. 

Don't understand it, yet.

The omicron numbers are also spiking in Canada and the USA and maybe the countries who have the schools 

still closed are smart. Many children are getting sick with omicron and some of those kids are really sick.

With omicron being so contagious, the children who are going to school will likely pick up the omicron

and bring it home to their younger siblings as well as parents. That is not good. If Europe is still getting massive spikes

as well as the UK, the number of people getting sick is making a lot of businesses short staffed and in come cases

forced to close. I say give it a month to see how Thailand is affected. With so many careless foreigners in the country

not wearing their masks, the spread should continue, and Thailand will get their spike soon.  Just be patient.

Maybe 2023 will be a better year.

On 1/19/2022 at 3:12 PM, smedly said:

They just have no clue do they 

the rest of the world is moving on from covid and yet this Thai goverment  keeps restrictions - who wants to come here ...............................................open or don't, just be honest about it 

The Japanese hate the GaiJin at least as much as the Thais hate the Farang. But they seem to be more polite about it.  Japan has much more strict border controls than Thailand.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:34 AM, Letseng said:

It is Russian roulette to bring tourists here.

Look at 100.000 infections in Germany today. Why bring such ppl here so that they can ignore every hygiene rule there is? Enough farangs with mask under their nose or wearing no mask at all in stores. 

Paranoid stay home. I know it's true coz I saw it on TV

These fools must have come up with the 2nd test plan while being entertained by mistresses and bargirls by these rip-off hotels. 
We don’t know how many skipped the second test but making it a 10,000 Baht fine and deportations for a violation of the testing requirement should act as a deterrent. There are enough police standing around in every picture I see to get the job done. A nominal bounty of 1,000 Baht will get them off their ass. 

20 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

There are 6 pm curfews in parts of France now, ICUs are filling up. It doesn’t look like France is moving on.

Anybody looking at those kind of numbers would conclude that restrictions, curfews, mask mandates, vaccine passports etc simply do not work as has been obvious for quite some time now.   England had no such restrictions and had less infections despite doing a lot more testing.

Is there anyone still buying into the narrative that humans can control the virus at this point or has the majority woken up now?   In a years time will anyone want to admit that they supported lockdowns or face masks I wonder?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2022 at 10:47 AM, Capella said:

Do you really think those masks do anything? Omicron is spreading like wildfire in Australia, even with people following the futile face nappy ritual.

They are required these face nappies for those who spout shxt! 

22 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

There are 6 pm curfews in parts of France now, ICUs are filling up. It doesn’t look like France is moving on.

Complete rubbish. I live in France there are no curfews. Hospital numbers and ICU numbers are falling. It's only infection rates that are rising.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bullseye66 said:

Complete rubbish. I live in France there are no curfews. Hospital numbers and ICU numbers are falling. It's only infection rates that are rising.

https://sante.journaldesfemmes.fr/fiches-maladies/2771815-chiffres-covid-france-coronavirus-cas-reanimation-20-janvier-vaccination-hospitalisation-deces/

The official numbers disagree with you.

meanwhile, there is this:

French premier says vaccine pass to go into effect Monday

Edited by Danderman123

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They are required these face nappies for those who spout shxt! 

People like you are starting to look like minority activists, when countries like the UK are now saying that there's no point wearing masks.

20 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

The omicron numbers are also spiking in Canada and the USA and maybe the countries who have the schools 

still closed are smart. Many children are getting sick with omicron and some of those kids are really sick.

With omicron being so contagious, the children who are going to school will likely pick up the omicron

and bring it home to their younger siblings as well as parents. That is not good. If Europe is still getting massive spikes

as well as the UK, the number of people getting sick is making a lot of businesses short staffed and in come cases

forced to close. I say give it a month to see how Thailand is affected. With so many careless foreigners in the country

not wearing their masks, the spread should continue, and Thailand will get their spike soon.  Just be patient.

Maybe 2023 will be a better year.

Just spent 3.5 weeks in the US. Found the situation pretty normal. Am in the UK now and there are a lot of cases but there has never been a move to plan 'B' because hospitalisations and deaths have not followed the upward trajectory in cases.

People don't have another year to wait imo, especially those losing their jobs and businesses. Already nearly 2 years into this. 

Edited by MarkyM3

12 hours ago, Capella said:

People like you are starting to look like minority activists, when countries like the UK are now saying that there's no point wearing masks.

And people like you who spout inaccuracies do nobody any favours.

You are similar to a fake news source.

You claim THE UK is saying there's no point wearing masks, and yet the current advice states:

The new advice ends a requirement for secondary school pupils - but not teachers - to wear masks in classrooms. Staff and visitors have also been advised to cover up in communal areas of any school.

England's current rules also require everyone aged 11 and over to wear face coverings in most public indoor venues and on public transport.

This includes places such as shops, hairdressers and taxis, but (unlike the rest of the UK) not pubs, cafes and restaurants, or gyms and leisure centres.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51205344#:~:text=England's current rules also require,or gyms and leisure centres.

I believe I would mask up on public transport in the UK, as advised. Not that I think it would stop omicron, catching it looks inevitable. (Due to the limited controls). At the moment the only concern would be if omicron has some long term effect, yet unknown. It has only been around 2-3 months and we may yet have something to learn.

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And people like you who spout inaccuracies do nobody any favours.

You are similar to a fake news source.

You claim THE UK is saying there's no point wearing masks, and yet the current advice states:

The new advice ends a requirement for secondary school pupils - but not teachers - to wear masks in classrooms. Staff and visitors have also been advised to cover up in communal areas of any school.

England's current rules also require everyone aged 11 and over to wear face coverings in most public indoor venues and on public transport.

This includes places such as shops, hairdressers and taxis, but (unlike the rest of the UK) not pubs, cafes and restaurants, or gyms and leisure centres.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51205344#:~:text=England's current rules also require,or gyms and leisure centres.

Read the latest rules again please:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60047438

Face masks no longer mandatory anywhere from 27th Jan.

Any industry specific advice that is an exception to government regulations looks a bit arbitrary now though - why students and not teachers? Union rules or medical advice?

As you're clearly a mask aficionado, I do hope you're wearing an N95 mask, otherwise you're just virtue signalling. Those cloth ones are useless against Omicron. Wear one if you feel better, but leave the rest of us alone. 

12 minutes ago, Capella said:

Face masks no longer mandatory anywhere from 27th Jan

Ah, but that is not what you said is it!

The claim was ' the UK are now saying that there's no point wearing masks.'... the fact they are rescinding the legal requirements is another matter. They always were going to be temporary.

I will speak up when I see your type of post that seems deliberately intended to mislead or simply pick an argument.  You also could leave people alone, go stomp your feet and say 'mummy I don't want to wear a mask' elsewhere!

Your last paragraph is simply back pedaling. I will wear my surgical mask as required here in Thailand, Walking the streets, in the Mall, 7-11s etc. Until they change the rules.

Thank heavens we are coming out of this now.....

Edited by jacko45k

30 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The claim was ' the UK are now saying that there's no point wearing masks.'... the fact they are rescinding the legal requirements is another matter. They always were going to be temporary.

I will speak up when I see your type of post that seems deliberately intended to mislead or simply pick an argument.  You also could leave people alone, go stomp your feet and say 'mummy I don't want to wear a mask' elsewhere!

Your last paragraph is simply back pedaling. I will wear my surgical mask as required here in Thailand, Walking the streets, in the Mall, 7-11s etc. Until they change the rules.

Ah, so you only wear a surgical mask then? If you really cared about safety, rather than just rules, you'd be decked out in an N95 or N99. 

There really is no point wearing surgical masks:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/24/health/cloth-mask-omicron-variant-wellness/index.html

1 minute ago, Capella said:

Ah, so you only wear a surgical mask then? If you really cared about safety, rather than just rules, you'd be decked out in an N95 or N99. 

There really is no point wearing surgical masks:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/24/health/cloth-mask-omicron-variant-wellness/index.html

So now you are playing gotchya?

I read up on surgical masks... it is better than a cloth one, as you say, and certainly better than a pollution protection mask, with a valve in it. 

Did you read your own link, it appears not....it does not support your post at all, in fact contradicts it...it says..

We need to be wearing at least a three-ply surgical mask

You should stop while you are behind!. Far cry from claiming there is no point wearing a mask as you did earlier!

56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

' the UK are now saying that there's no point wearing masks.'.

Hey..... This is what I have said countless times since day #1.....lol....And I just might say it countless more times...lol 

Edited by redwood1

3 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

' the UK are now saying that there's no point wearing masks.'.

Hey..... This is what I have said countless times since day #1.....lol....And I just might say it countless more times...lol 

Yes, but that is YOU saying it, not the UK. Ireland too are relaxing restrictions, but for now, masks stay.