Resumption of ‘Test and Go’ registrations, new COVID measures, to be decided by CCSA Thursday

snoop1130

000_9QR8N9.jpg

International visitors await instructions from health officials inside the arrival terminal at Suvarnabhumi International Airport as Thailand welcomes the first group of vaccinated tourists without quarantine in Bangkok on November 1, 2021./ AFP

The resumption of new “Test and Go” registrations, COVID-19 rezoning and yet another extension of Thailand’s nationwide State of Emergency, in place since March 2020, will be proposed to and decided by the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) tomorrow (Thursday).

New applications for “Test and Go” program, which requires only minimal quarantine of no more than one night while awaiting negative COVID-19 results, have been suspended since December 22nd, to curb the spread of the Omicron variant. Currently, people who have been granted a “Thailand Pass” QR code for the program can still enter the country. The program resumption may begin on February 1st but possibly with stricter measures.

Secretary-general of the National Security Council (NSC) and head of the CCSA’s Operations Centre Gen Supot Malaniyom said today (Wednesday) that the easing of restrictions on “Test and Go” travellers is intended to help boost the struggling, but vital tourism sector, which, in pre-COVID times, contributed to up to 20% of the country’s GDP.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/resumption-of-test-and-go-registrations-new-covid-measures-to-be-decided-by-ccsa-thursday/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-01-19

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

We shall see, just glad I had a pre-approved TNG before I headed to the US. Will return in a few more weeks.

Travel right now to other places is now being discouraged by the CDC, and there are stories running through social media of folks testing positive for their return flights and being quarantined not only in Thailand but in Jamaica as well.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, smedly said:

They just have no clue do they 

the rest of the world is moving on from covid and yet this Thai goverment  keeps restrictions - who wants to come here ...............................................open or don't, just be honest about it 

Sack every member of the CCSA and we might see some normality return to Thailand , the stupid nonsense rules came from them - and who is in charge ..................Payuth and his #### Anutin 

The Thai people are not going to put up with this much longer, there is no "new normal" just normal

Except that there are many countries that are not moving on from Covid, due to mass infections, so, what's your point? 

Do you think France is moving on with 484,000 new infections today? 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes they are... the’ve opened up their borders, allowing free movement of people. 

People from the UK who were prevent entry to France can now travel there freely. 

So yes... France is ‘moving on’ as it accepts along with many other nations that Omricon deaths and hospitalisations are no greater than that of an influenza outbreak. 

Regarding Thailand

- How many Covid-19 cases are there ?

- How many of those are Omicron ?

- Is it 2000 official recorded cases ?

- How many Omicron deaths recorded ? is it just the one ?

The point I want to make here is that while there was valid initial concern - IF in the past month since Omicron broke and entered Thailand and 2000 people have caught it (likely a lot more) and 1 person has died from it perhaps the resumption of ’Test & Go’ in itself is an extreme measure and just go back to normal. 

Except that daily death counts are increasing, as would be expected with a surge of new infections.

• Like 2

Its beginning to be like buying a new phone or bloody laptop. 

Do i buy now or next month.

I've waited and hung on for almost 2 years.

Gonna hoop jump this weekend,  whatever. 

Advice on any UK based agencies that can jump with more gusto than me, all in one type of thing, will be appreciated. 

Seven days quarantine,  not a problem. 

Regards Shep.

21 minutes ago, Sing Leo Vine said:

I've waited and hung on for almost 2 years.

Gonna hoop jump this weekend,  whatever. 

Me too, flying 27th. Had enough waiting for the T&G come back. Wife's going to be a bit bowlegged for few weeks. 

That said,  - much as I wanted it back - having it back in February might be a bad idea. I think lifting it in March would be better. Thailand has not really seen the wave that other countries have been experiencing - probably due to being 142nd in the world for per million testing. The Uk is now starting to live with it and move away from restrictions. Thailand really is about 4-6 weeks behind the UK wave - or it should be. So, for me open it , but in March for more data in Thailand. You cannot really open a country up when you have children still not back at school after a year and limits on places working hours

• Like 1

Richard  Coleman, 

Enjoy your trip and I hope it goes smoothly. 

I've always told myself I'd wait until the correct time but, after so long and paying, albeit cheap, rent for a small bungalow that I'm missing, its time to go home.

I flew out to bkk last time, via Wuhan,  Xmas eve 2 year back.

If 7 hours there in transit didn't kill me and or 2 subsequent years slaughtering and butchering for, and surrounded by immigrants, hasn't done me any real ill, I'll take the risk.

Its been far too long.

Enough is enough.

Jump through those bloody hoops and get life back to normal. 

Regards Shep.

Time Thailand started using RAT tests on arrival. This would be a lot more attractive to double ,triple vaxed tourists than this ridiculous overnight quarantine which could end up several nights if too many tests in pipeline. RAT test have been proven 90+% effective.  PCR test are not 100% accurate so what is the difference other than not there is not enough money in RAT tests. The Government would be far better off putting the time and effort into vaccinating the Thai population and supply tests for the public to monitor themselves. Guess they will eventually follow the rest of the world in moving in this direction but only when tourism has fallen further down the drain.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, smedly said:

the rest of the world is moving on from covid and yet this Thai goverment  keeps restrictions - who wants to come here ...............................................open or don't, just be honest about it 

Sack every member of the CCSA and we might see some normality return to Thailand , the stupid nonsense rules came from them - and who is in charge ..................Payuth and his #### Anutin 

The Thai people are not going to put up with this much longer, there is no "new normal" just normal

They will keep putting up with it..... They've been brainwashed now for so long.... They haven't a clue what's happening around the rest of the world.......

• Like 1

A bigger issue and one that is not being mentioned is the vaccination rate among the people who have not even had their first jab. The daily vaccination rate stays high for second and third shots but the first shot rate is a trickle. 

With only 65% of the total population having the first shot its like saying 25% or one in 4 people have had no vaccination at all. 

What is the government doing about all of these people.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smedly said:

Then they lose control 

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

Who cares?  Israel are on their 4th jab now and it doesn't make any difference with this new variant.   If someone is very fat or very old then the jab is of course a good thing to get but if healthy folks would rather not get it then so what?  If you are worried about yourself then get some exercise and improve your diet - this will offer you significantly more protection than worrying about whether healthy teenagers or 20-30 year olds are getting a jab that doesn't make much difference to them.   

Judging by the way the take-up of the booster jab is going in the UK, I suspect people are beginning to believe it not necessary, as an unavoidable Omicron infection, on top of 2 prior vaccinations, will give them the protection they need. 

• Like 1

So Thailand might resume test and go whilst in China, Yuzhou, which has a population of 1.1 million, saw its transport system shut down and all but essential food stores closed overnight.

It follows a similar lockdown in Xi'an, where 13 million have been confined to their homes since 23 December. Then the city of Anyang in Henan province on Monday night told its five million residents to not leave their homes

Is there something that the powers to be here in Thailand are keeping quiet about ????????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Judging by the way the take-up of the booster jab is going in the UK, I suspect people are beginning to believe it not necessary, as an unavoidable Omicron infection, on top of 2 prior vaccinations, will give them the protection they need. 

I've postponed my booster for that very reason. But I wonder how long it will be before the official definition fo 'unvaccinated' includes those who haven't had the booster?