We want to go back to Thailand and live there together permanently, but

On 1/20/2022 at 1:03 AM, ubonjoe said:

I assume your son is Thai from birth since his mother is Thai. Has his birth been registered here in Thailand or if born in your country at the Thai embassy there?

You can apply for a non-o visa and one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the extension of stay.

He is swedish, we have not reg him as thai yet.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:50 PM, sqwakvfr said:

I would suggest going to the website of the Thai Embassy in your country and read up on the following:

1. Non O Retirement

2 Non OA retirement(can be challenging to complete the application process). 

*You can use the 1 Million Baht in your account as the financial qualifier for option 1 or 2.

Alternatively, you can enter Thailand Visa Exempt or on a Tourist Visa and then pursue a Non Imm O Ext of Stay while inside of Thailand.  

Does your partner have a Thai passport? If yes then her part is more straight foward.

Can your son obtain a Thai passport?  If so his process to enter Thailand will also be more straightforward.  

You have several options but you will have to conduct a lot of research and obtain the necessary information.  It might not be easy or quick to get all three of you into Thailand.  

Thank you.

On 1/20/2022 at 4:55 AM, jerrymahoney said:

So what is the minimum time you have to stay in your home country to qualify for your pension? Maybe start with that and let your wife and son move to Thailand and you, for now, visit as much as possible.

i have 8 yrs left to the pension maybe 9 depending on if they change the age limit wich they are planning to do.

On 1/20/2022 at 4:56 AM, HAPPYNUFF said:

It sounds like you are in an impossible position.    One million  baht might sound like a lot of money, especially to your (Thai) wife,  but   to support the three of you, even  modestly, it wont last long with no other income.       Ok,, if you    can get a "O"  class  retirment visa,  which     does not require  the US $100,000  health insurance   an "OA"  c;lass visa does,  you would still need to  obtain  health insurance of US$50,000   to  enter Thailand,   you could    take that out for a short period of time and let it expire  after  , say, 3 months,   but  you  still need to   permanently keep  800,000 baht in a Thai bank, to enable you to   extend   even an "O"  retirement   visa, as  you are not   legally married, in Thailands eyes, uintil you get  your foreign  marriage registered here, which is   rather difficult and costly to do.,   that amount  could then   reduce to 400,000 baht, permantly left in the bank.    Frankly, I dont   think  what  you want is possible.    Just  what  country are you from, Ive never before  heard of an age pension ceasing on departure??

Sweden

On 1/20/2022 at 5:33 PM, TropicalGuy said:

Pension agency would never know if he moved to Thailand . Just move pension from receiving ac to wise ac in home country & send it on to Thai bank.problem only if he has to present himself periodically in home country for pension.

use agent for long stay visa so status not reported back home.

Thanks for that advise.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2022 at 6:17 PM, sead said:

I know many who lives in Thailand but keeps their address back home. Just go talk to someone you know and ask to have your address there. Meaning don't tell anyone your out of countryOr simply get the cheapest room you can get. You can also mailforward your post to Thailand for an fee or scanned by the postbox manager for a fee. 

Thanks, great advise.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 6:46 PM, chickenslegs said:

You have a Thai child, 1,000,000 THB in savings, a Thai partner (who, for some reason you can not marry) and a small farm which (in your words) will be enough to get by.

Okay, not ideal but seems do-able.

Stick 400,000 THB in a Thai bank account for your visa based upon having a Thai child. Leave it untouched for your annual extensions (see Ubonjoe post above). 

Grow rice and other consumables on the farm (chickens, eggs, vegetables +++) for your daily needs. If lucky, some can be sold for cash.

Your Thai wife can work in Thailand without any restrictions. Even a salary of 4,000 - 5,000 THB per month should cover your electric/gas/water consumption - if you are reasonably careful.

Your wife and child will be entitled to free medical care, and government schools are cheap (not entirely free). What you do about your own medical care is up to you, but normal medications and (government) hospital visits are quite cheap.

And, you still have 600,000 THB in the bank to cover for unexpected expenses.

If you, and your partner (and child) are willing to live a typically Thai upcountry lifestyle, I think you can do it.

Personally, I can say, most sincerely, that I would rather be living here on a shoestring than in my home country with an unhappy wife/gf.

Happy wife, happy life as they say.

Thank you very much.

Wish you the best.