Are you experiencing “Pandemic Fatigue” here in Thailand?

webfact

I do not know anybody who isn't tired of this pandemic . So imho it is a stupid question , i do know all about the rules and i do understand , but that doesn't mean i'm not tired of it . I'm not even going over to the crazy people , people who believe vaccines are 5G signals and further on ... . I lost far family members on covid , i am 3 times vaccinated with the "best known" vaccines , and all and i do understand all the measures taken . I am f******g tired of all this pandemic thing , and i do not heard anybody saying who isn't tired of it .

• Like 2

Numerous posts above have been removed, including:

--an off-topic post linking to the UK Daily Mail, which is considered a non-credible "questionable source" not allowed on this forum, and replies to that post.

--several posts making veiled personal comments/judgments on other forum members.

--multiple off-topic bickering posts and replies.

• Like 1

I have lived here in retirement with my wife, who is a Thai National, for quite some years now.

I find it best not to concern myself  with things you have no power to change. Just let the world drift by.

Read Mark Manson’s book. The Subtle Art of Not Giving A ####. 

Maybe a good philosophy to follow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sezze said:

I do not know anybody who isn't tired of this pandemic ...

I don't know anyone who this 'situation' has affected negatively, so like myself, we simply don't care.  Just another bug out there to be aware of, and take the same precautions as with any other infectious bug out there.  

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I don't know anyone who this 'situation' has affected negatively, so like myself, we simply don't care.  Just another bug out there to be aware of, and take the same precautions as with any other infectious bug out there.  

You must not know anyone then.  It's affected pretty much every person on this plant negatively, one way or another.  From lock downs, to vaccines, to travel restrictions to massive amounts of misinformation.

P.S. it's not just another infections bug....

On 1/29/2022 at 11:27 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think anyone that is posting about covid has an infectious disease medical qualification, yet all of us are giving our opinions. Lets remember it's OPINION on an ANONYMOUS forum, not a gathering of qualified scientists and medics.

But some of us manage to cite the opinions of actual experts while others prefer to bloviate. "IMHO" does not exempt remarks from valid criticism.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If everyone had taken that attitude, it'd probably have been history long ago, IMO.

I am tired of all the BS I hear on the radio every day about it, but I'm getting better at just tuning it out.

23 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

You must not know anyone then.  It's affected pretty much every person on this plant negatively, one way or another.  From lock downs, to vaccines, to travel restrictions to massive amounts of misinformation.

P.S. it's not just another infections bug....

I think he meant the VIRUS hasn't affected anyone he knows, as with myself. Of course the government dictat has affected us all, and I am so bored by the fear mongering.

Happily, no one where I live is fearful of it or wearing masks while driving and suchlike. Don't even know it's happening unless I go to town and have to wear a mask.

• Like 1