23 hour 45 minute transit layover at swampy what can i do to rest?

yogi yogi

16 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I hope you survive without losing your sanity. One thought: to turf a traveller in need out of a mosque/prayer room would be DISTINCTLY unIslamic. I think you might receive a welcome for your airbed, but be prepared to be asked to move for prayer times maybe. 

i ve always wondered what would happen if i tried to sleep in the muslim prayer room

21 hours ago, markeewan said:

Really, 24 hours in an airport is going to be a challenge.

You can read here, but this site only goes to a maximum of 11 hours, as no one with any options would stay any longer. https://www.bangkok-travel-ideas.com/bangkok-airport-layover.html This was obviously written pre covid.

I think you are correct that the Miracle Transit Hotel does not seem to be taking any bookings, as all dates I checked are closed. In any event you can only book 2 or 4 hour slots.

Paid lounges may be an option, but most close between midnight and 5am, including Thai Airways, so you are going to have to find somewhere to have a rest when they are closed.

Concourse C has some beds you can relax on, they used to be Lazy Boyz before they broke. Also there are toilets are nearby.

Use these beds for the night time and then maybe book into one of the lounges for the day portion Whilst lounges may seem expensive, you won't need to buy food and WiFi there, so they work out reasonable.

If you have your own bed then Concourse B is pretty quiet after midnight as that is where the Europe flights leave from.

I really don't envy you.

24 hours is a long time.

Sometimes there's no choice.

Bring a good book.

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Where are you flying from ?

If you are flying from a local Thai airport , you would go through immigration in BKK rather than your local airport , so you would arrive land side in BKK

to and from phillipines onward to europe......might be easier to fly scoot airlines to singapore from and to phillpines and get a second ticket from thier .  but the covid restrictions might be hassle

8 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

I worked for Crab Airways for 30 years, 24 hours is a doddle.... 

Per Ardua ad Astra

I think I'm one of the few who may agree.

Airports can be fascinating.

Mixed with a lounge,phone, restaurants, people watching,time flys.

Especially if you're on your way to a vacation.

Heading home to work and mundane life might be different.

You worked for renowned "Crab"  airways.  Airline for the rich and famous?

Cool.