23 hour 45 minute transit layover at swampy what can i do to rest?

yogi yogi

anybody had a long transit time in swampy to be clear,  this is a thru ticket.  so i would not leave secured area,  or airport ,  just to keep it simple.  as if one left secured area (if they even could?)  it would mean visa?  or covid testing?  so to keep it simple i have almost 24 hours to be inside swampy airport...........i see s transit hotel inside swampy but dont see any rooms available it might be closed due to covid...............i wonder if a person if they were traveling on the right airline might just buy a lounge access to a airline lounge to kill some hours.  i understand in middle of night they would not be open,  i could bring like a air mattress to sleep on and get a nights sleep.  if i tried to sleep in the muslim prayer room would i get kicked out?  i bet at swampy thier must be some quiet hidden spaces someone could get a night sleep for free on the floor?  finally should i consider leaving the airport?  during covid that seems impossible.  thanks

get a lounge, shower, resting area, drinks and snacks. Might be around $100 for that long.

Opened 24h.

Your air line would allow you only if upgrade to business. But they are opened only 2h before flight, so no use for you (exception is TG which opens 24h).

There are not specific resting rooms or areas, just crash wherever fancy on recliners. Try to get blanket/s from the airplane. Free filtered water at many bathrooms. Take your own food. Very few restaurants opened, no budget ones.

There are no showers, you can try disabled toilets for cleaning skin with wet towel or washing hair in the sink (big enough to do so).

Try to run to transit office and ask to be put on an earlier flight. Might be even free.

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

Paying for lounge access that's open 24 hours seems like your best bet. Just gorge yourself on the food and then get hammered with alcohol until you pass out for hopefully most of those 24 hours. There did used to be transit hotels within the airport,  a massage parlor, lots of restaurants and shopping, sure it's all closed now. I think there's a special section in the airport that's for watching the planes take off but probably not too many to see nowadays.

With many Asian airports not allowing people to transit through anymore, might have been his only option. Or maybe he saved some money by doing it. I know I did that once with a long ass layover at CDG airport, stupidest thing I ever did just to save a few hundred. Learned my lesson from that.

• Like 2

If you are airside. By that I mean where the big duty free is, walk down to the crossroads where the lounges are. I think it is for Gates D,E,F,G Go along any of the walkways to the gates or the closed lounges and there are seats.

It should be fairly quiet and you can probably stretch out there for a sleep. Take ear plugs to reduce tannoy announcements.

Last time I was there in November, Burger King and the Japanese shop next door were closed. It was fairly quiet there. Other than that, maybe ask the staff. They might know a hidden corner for you to get your head down.

• Like 2

Really, 24 hours in an airport is going to be a challenge.

You can read here, but this site only goes to a maximum of 11 hours, as no one with any options would stay any longer. https://www.bangkok-travel-ideas.com/bangkok-airport-layover.html This was obviously written pre covid.

I think you are correct that the Miracle Transit Hotel does not seem to be taking any bookings, as all dates I checked are closed. In any event you can only book 2 or 4 hour slots.

Paid lounges may be an option, but most close between midnight and 5am, including Thai Airways, so you are going to have to find somewhere to have a rest when they are closed.

Concourse C has some beds you can relax on, they used to be Lazy Boyz before they broke. Also there are toilets are nearby.

Use these beds for the night time and then maybe book into one of the lounges for the day portion Whilst lounges may seem expensive, you won't need to buy food and WiFi there, so they work out reasonable.

If you have your own bed then Concourse B is pretty quiet after midnight as that is where the Europe flights leave from.

I really don't envy you.

Not a great layover but instead of criticizing your choice like others who obviously haven't been on a connecting flight in the last 2 years, I will sympathize with your lack of options because of something called "the Pandemic".

Maybe call these guys

Louis' Tavern Dayroom & CIP Lounges : Thailand's Transit Hotel at Suvarnabhumi Airport (dayrooms-ciplounges.com)

Telephone: +66-2-134-6565-6
E-Mail: [email protected]
For more information: [email protected]

• Like 1

EDIT - I dont think its ‘air-side’.... (maybe helpful to others though, so I wont delete the comment).

Avagard Capsule hotel...

I’m not sure if it is open or no it during Covid - but if it can be booked on agoda or booking.com - then it may be.

http://www.avagardcapsulehotel.com

https://www.facebook.com/AvagardCapsuleHotel/

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Satcommlee said:

Not a great layover

It's not the layover duration that is the issue. It's the logistics, rules, requirements.

Although the last rules I saw published from CAAT limited intl-intl transit to 12 hours. 12 -24 hours requires a transit visa.

Not sure what the rules are now.

These say "Abolished".

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/56377

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Infographic-Guidelines-for-International-Flight-Transit-Transfer-1.pdf

Best case, one single ticket, one single carrier, bags checked through.

If the airline sold the ticket, and boarding is allowed at the point of origin, then chances are improved.

Seens a few first-hand reports of transit through BKK, most were challenging, convoluted. Maybe with ~ 24 hours things can be managed?

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

If you are airside. By that I mean where the big duty free is, walk down to the crossroads where the lounges are. I think it is for Gates D,E,F,G Go along any of the walkways to the gates or the closed lounges and there are seats.

It should be fairly quiet and you can probably stretch out there for a sleep. Take ear plugs to reduce tannoy announcements.

Last time I was there in November, Burger King and the Japanese shop next door were closed. It was fairly quiet there. Other than that, maybe ask the staff. They might know a hidden corner for you to get your head down.

I forgot to add. When you get to the crossroads. Burger King and the Japanese restaurant are on the same level as the duty free.

For the Gates and lounge, you go down an escalator to the next floor.

Plus:

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/guides/bangkok-suvarnabhumi-airport-guide.htm#hotels

HTH.

Edited by phetphet

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

Correct. D,E,F, G same floor as the lounges. There are some couches and larger chairs for resting.

7 minutes ago, Smc75 said:

Zirkon hotel is only 14km away from Suvarnabhumi and 18km from Don Mueang. It's pretty cheap and comfy for the layover. Just 430 baht or about that. Been there a couple of times, definitely not a luxury one but will do for a short stay. Here's more about Zirkon Hotel https://bangkok-tourism.com/zircon-hotel/

But its not air-side - so pretty useless from the Ops point of view.

I made the same mistake in providing info on the capsule hotel that is in the airport, but not air-side of immigration. 

The issue the Op is facing is that while he can transit, he can’t leave the airport due to Thailand Pass and quarantine requirements. 

I hope you survive without losing your sanity. One thought: to turf a traveller in need out of a mosque/prayer room would be DISTINCTLY unIslamic. I think you might receive a welcome for your airbed, but be prepared to be asked to move for prayer times maybe. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Never actually seen this film ???? worth a watch?

Yes...not too bad. Funny in places.

Apparently inspired by the true story of an Iranian man who lived in the departure lounge of CDG airport for 18 years.

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1

Bangkok "Suvarnabhumi Airport Guide" 

"Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bangkok Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit.  Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between."

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/guides/bangkok-suvarnabhumi-airport-guide.htm

"You can also purchased a Priority Pass"

Nice to chill out in Lounges.

https://www.prioritypass.com/

If you have a higher end Credit Card Priorty Pass is usually included free as a perk.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Satcommlee said:

Always wondered who 'Louis' was/is! Be a great names for a Thai pub somewhere (if the theocracy doesn't continue to metasasise itself).

19 hours ago, Smc75 said:

Zirkon hotel is only 14km away from Suvarnabhumi and 18km from Don Mueang. It's pretty cheap and comfy for the layover. Just 430 baht or about that. Been there a couple of times, definitely not a luxury one but will do for a short stay. Here's more about Zirkon Hotel https://bangkok-tourism.com/zircon-hotel/

with covid u cant leave airport secured area