Test & Go (2x RT-PCR)

I apologize for the delayed thread as we have been very busy.

We will be showcasing FIVE difference types of entry packages for Test & Go on our AQ.in.th platform.

- 1st Day Test & Go
(1x RT-PCR, Airport Transfer, 1 Day of stay)

- 2 Day Test & Go (1st, and 5th night) 
(2x RT-PCR, Airport Transfer, 2 Days of stay)

- 4 Day Test & Go

(1x RT-PCR on day 1, or day 5, Airport Transfer, 4 Days of stay)

- 5 Day Test & Go (full package)

(2x RT-PCR, Airport Transfer, 5 Days of stay)

- 5th Day Test & Go

(1x RT-PCR, 1 Day of stay)

Hopefully our platform will make things easier, as you can also search by family (adults, children, infants).

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Cannot help but thinking the rules are being made up by taking cards out of a lucky dip bag.

This is by far the most complex program we have had to implement ????

As there are actually 4 situations

• Test & Go (1st day only)
  • Test & Go (all 5 days)
  • Test & Go (1st + 5th day)
  • Test & Go (5th day only)

For all of these packages we need a base price, and an additional adult/child/infant price. So you can only imagine that we would need 16 different prices for each room to properly account for all situations, and combinations for Test & Go only.

Hopefully we get more information about how domestic travel will happen after the 1st test.

If it is allowed, and easy then it may make sense to sell 5th day packages on their own, but after speaking to most hotels they will be including airport pickup for the 5th day, or pickup from your hotel if in the same province (so it may work out anyways).

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

5 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

If it is allowed, and easy then it may make sense to sell 5th day packages on their own, but after speaking to most hotels they will be including airport pickup for the 5th day, or pickup from your hotel if in the same province (so it may work out anyways).

Why would hotels include day 5 airport pick-up, no-one is going to fly somewhere just for a 5th night quarantine.

Also people would have been out in the community for 4 days catching random taxi's. Why would they need a specific hotel pick-up. In my case I could walk to a SHA+ hotel, it's about 500 metres from my Condo. 

I got my own taxi for 5th day Test on Thursday which took only an hour at Banglamung hospital, result back in 24 hours via Line. What is wrong with that approach?

Forcing a 5th day taxi seems like yet another money grab to go with the hotel and 3 meals (whereas people could check out 4-8 hours later when their test result comes back)

Note: OP I know these are not your rules so nothing neant towards you.

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The new Day 5 requirement creates a demand for T&G day 5 packages  in upcountry places which would not serve as arrival T&G points.

Many returning expats and Thais will not want to have to stay 5 days in Bangkok nor want to have to return there on Day 5.

I think the day 5 test is madness, however, you're saying the day 5 test can be taken up-country.

Reason I ask is my wife wants to visit her parents straight after T&G day one - get a hotel near the airport, then fly to Ubon, not wait around for 5 days in BKK. Is that possible last time we looked we couldn't get to Ubon on T&G route.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

I think the day 5 test is madness, however, you're saying the day 5 test can be taken up-country.

Reason I ask is my wife wants to visit her parents straight after T&G day one - get a hotel near the airport, then fly to Ubon, not wait around for 5 days in BKK. Is that possible last time we looked we couldn't get to Ubon on T&G route.

I am not certain what it will be yet. They still need to put out something that makes it clearer.

I don't think we will know with any certainty until they update the Thailand Pass site and that has not been done yet. 

It still shows this for test and go. image.png.515c7df88ceaa5cab7bf0c77fd0b6837.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not certain what it will be yet. They still need to put out something that makes it clearer.

I don't think we will know with any certainty until they update the Thailand Pass site and that has not been done yet. 

It still shows this for test and go. image.png.515c7df88ceaa5cab7bf0c77fd0b6837.png

TAT news site is pretty clear

"Allowing fully vaccinated travellers from around the world to apply for a TEST & GO Thailand Pass up to 60 days in advance with confirmed payments for accommodation on Day 1 and Day 5, two RT-PCR tests, and a prearranged airport transfer on Day 1"

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-resumes-test-go-scheme-reopens-pattaya-and-ko-chang-sandbox-from-1-february-2022/

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

Looking at agoda, there are several up-country hotels that are already rated SHA Plus+ but none of them are listed specifically as AQ hotels.

WRT Day 5 test-and-go and despite TAT jumping the gun, I still think some dots need joining before the final "Test & Go 2" plan is approved and published in the Royal Gazette.

15 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

TAT news site is pretty clear

I am a bit of a sceptic about that site. I would prefer to see something form the Ministry of Foreign Affairs clearly stating what is needed since the Thai Pass Site is their responsibility.

54 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

You can do the day 5 test anywhere that there is a SHA++ or AQ hotel offering the package. It does not have to be the same hotel as on arrival. On arrival, T&G hotel has to be within a certain distance of the airport.

The problem is that so far T&G  service in only available in places that would qualify for it on arrival (i.e. within a certain distance of an international airport). What I was saying is that the new system creates a demand for it further upcountry foir Day 5.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I just realised that if sandboxes are re-opened as per the TAT article in my post above, why would a real tourist that need hotels do test & go?

Test & Go requires being locked in a room Day 1 and 5. Sandbox only locks you in a room Day 1 and you are free to roam for the 6 other days

Test & Go just became more prohibitive than a sandbox for tourists (but better for expats)

I don't think it is clear at this point that you would be confined to your room on Day 5. To the hotel, yes, since the whole idea is to know where you are until results are available. But hardly makes sense to confine you to your room after you've been free to go anywhere for 4 days prior. Hotels are going to be help accountable for not "losing"people at that stag though, so some might react by confining to room - have to wait and see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am a bit of a sceptic about that site. I would prefer to see something form the Ministry of Foreign Affairs clearly stating what is needed since the Thai Pass Site is their responsibility.

Just for info, I've been monitoring the TAT news site for over 6 months now during making my decision to travel back, so far its been 100% accurate (eg they never mentioned once about the 10th or 15 Jan T&G cut-off fiasco)

It appears to me that TAT publishes what will be gazetted, while Thailand Pass can only update after it is gazetted

Edited by aussiexpat

16 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

It appears to me that TAT publishes what will be gazetted, while Thailand Pass can only update after it is gazetted

Changes to the entry requirements do not have to posted in the Royal Gazette. They fall under the emergency decree that has already been approved and extended a few times that gives them the authority to do the changes.

• Thanks 1

We updated the platform today to enable 2 Day Test & Go packages, and expanded this on Bangkok, as well as Pattaya.

We have also decided to offer a 4 Day Test & Go package which can be used as a 5th day, or 1st day RT-PCR. This will be useful for travelers doing cross province trips when we expand the province selection.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 7:59 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We updated the platform today to enable 2 Day Test & Go packages, and expanded this on Bangkok, as well as Pattaya.

We have also decided to offer a 4 Day Test & Go package which can be used as a 5th day, or 1st day RT-PCR. This will be useful for travelers doing cross province trips when we expand the province selection.

Why do you not offer any refund policy? And why does some hotels only allow 1 adult guest? 

I don’t know what the logic is behind this new version of test and go, I came in on the 15th January 2022 on the ‘old’ test and go it was a good process on arrival everything done efficiently including the shuttle bus to the hotel for my 1 night stay as soon as I arrived at the hotel I was met by a nurse who done the pcr test, I was then given a small plastic bag with my breakfast in it ( horrible ham sandwich and a plastic chicken sausage) then I was taken to my room on a golf cart…I got in the room took a shower sorted my paperwork out and then had about 6 hours sleep, I woke up and lunch was served and later that night dinner was served then I got a call saying my pcr test was Negative  and I was given that test paperwork when I checked out in the morning, all I had to do then was go to the public hospital in Khon Kaen on day 6 and get my second pcr, it was all relatively easy, this current test and go seems crazy asking you to stay in a hotel for your day 5 test…all I can think is that the hotels are making money out of it, my one night stay in the hotel in Bangkok cost me 4,800 baht when I looked on booking .Com the same hotel was charging 1,500 baht a night outside of the test and go scheme, the hotels will certainly be rubbing their hands together 

• Like 2

On 1/23/2022 at 2:42 AM, it is what it is said:

i hate to be negative, but i think this is a valid point; why do these web sites look like they were designed by a student for a school project?

and if the front end looks like this what is the back end security like...?!

anyone competent web designer could surely make a fortune in thailand

cool story bro

1 hour ago, Namplik said:

Why do you not offer any refund policy? And why does some hotels only allow 1 adult guest? 

Example: Sunshine Vista in Pattaya, on your booking site they only allow 1 adult and claim refund policy. https://asq.in.th/sandbox-thailand-hotels/sunshine-vista-hotel-pattaya-chonburi-sandbox

But when I go to their own website its possible to book for 2 adults, but no refund. https://www.sunshinevista.com/

So why is this different? Why should I book trough asq.in.th? ????

16 minutes ago, Namplik said:

Example: Sunshine Vista in Pattaya, on your booking site they only allow 1 adult and claim refund policy. https://asq.in.th/sandbox-thailand-hotels/sunshine-vista-hotel-pattaya-chonburi-sandbox

But when I go to their own website its possible to book for 2 adults, but no refund. https://www.sunshinevista.com/

So why is this different? Why should I book trough asq.in.th? ????

We allow each hotel to control their own listings.

Our team just invited sunshine group back, and it could be because they need to complete their listings.

Please feel free to use our site as a resource, in some cases we have lower prices than other OTA's, and on some cases the hotels may list prices higher.

We do not have any control over pricing.

• Thanks 1

Ok Im officially lost, I just received an email from Thailand Pass for My February 5th arrival,  (I am an original 1 night PCR case QR code received prior to the Dec 22 cutoff, cant even open the attachment but apparently I am supposed to be updating some information (assuming they want my day 5 hotel information--which i do not have as I was under the assumption they just told you to report somewhere on day 5/6 for the second test)  anybody else go through this last minute clusterf**k

ok just saw an announcement its a SCAM email do not open attachment, running virus protection now...damn

edit:  Saved by Malwarebytes, they even spoofed the email of the consulate.  be careful out there.  I usually can spot a phishing scam email from a mile away but I fell for this.  I guess they know people really want to get back to Thailand and are hypersensitive to being denied entry if their paperwork is amiss.  

Edited by Songkhla Sam

3 minutes ago, Songkhla Sam said:

ok just saw an announcement its a SCAM email do not open attachment, running virus protection now...damn

If you did not run the file you should be fine.

If you did... We are not really sure what it is exactly, but we suspect it to be a trojan, or Ransomware.

Today we launched the Samui Test & Go packages:

https://asq.in.th/samui-test-and-go-hotels

We will start to be expanding to all provinces which have SHA++ hotels to make it easier when trying to book your cross-province Test & Go stay.

Please bear with us while we establish the required relationships to make this expansion happen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, essex boys said:

all I can think is that the hotels are making money out of it, my one night stay in the hotel in Bangkok cost me 4,800 baht when I looked on booking .Com the same hotel was charging 1,500 baht a night outside of the test and go scheme, the hotels will certainly be rubbing their hands together

Your numbers result in a cost for airport transport, PCR Test (and meals?) of 3,300 baht.  Could you get them privately for less?

11 hours ago, essex boys said:

I don’t know what the logic is behind this new version of test and go, I came in on the 15th January 2022 on the ‘old’ test and go it was a good process on arrival everything done efficiently including the shuttle bus to the hotel for my 1 night stay as soon as I arrived at the hotel I was met by a nurse who done the pcr test, I was then given a small plastic bag with my breakfast in it ( horrible ham sandwich and a plastic chicken sausage) then I was taken to my room on a golf cart…I got in the room took a shower sorted my paperwork out and then had about 6 hours sleep, I woke up and lunch was served and later that night dinner was served then I got a call saying my pcr test was Negative  and I was given that test paperwork when I checked out in the morning, all I had to do then was go to the public hospital in Khon Kaen on day 6 and get my second pcr, it was all relatively easy, this current test and go seems crazy asking you to stay in a hotel for your day 5 test…all I can think is that the hotels are making money out of it, my one night stay in the hotel in Bangkok cost me 4,800 baht when I looked on booking .Com the same hotel was charging 1,500 baht a night outside of the test and go scheme, the hotels will certainly be rubbing their hands together 

3k on top of 1500 seems reasonable for transport, PCR test and meals, PCR test alone is at least 2k anywhere. You are right to say day 5 test is crazy, people just wont bother turning up for it.