Speeding Fine M7 Chonburi

On 1/25/2022 at 5:11 AM, Woof999 said:

Without trying to sound rude, if 500 baht is a lot of money for an expat in Thailand (who has the means to drive a car), then sticking within the speed limits it probably the best idea.

It soon adds up if you're getting multiple tickets.

I get between 10-15 per month, don't pay any.

Have renewed multiple vehicles multiple times and renewed licenses, zero repercussions.

When in Rome......

• Confused 1

On 1/24/2022 at 3:22 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why would you even consider not paying a tiny fine that you incurred?  Do you consider yourself above the law or are you just a bit hard up?

I don't pay the fine coz hardly anyone else does and also coz their is no consequences for not paying.

I don't consider myself above the law, i don't like wasting money tho.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:
On 1/24/2022 at 10:22 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why would you even consider not paying a tiny fine that you incurred?  Do you consider yourself above the law or are you just a bit hard up?

I don't pay the fine coz hardly anyone else does and also coz their is no consequences for not paying.

I don't consider myself above the law

"I don't consider myself above the law".

Clearly, you do believe you're above the law, if you didn't, (a) you wouldn't have been breaking the speed limit and (b) you'd pay the fine that the law says you have to pay!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It soon adds up if you're getting multiple tickets.

I get between 10-15 per month, don't pay any.

Have renewed multiple vehicles multiple times and renewed licenses, zero repercussions.

When in Rome......

Yeah at the end of the day and they refuse too renew licence/road tax until fines are paid.... pay them then.

Its a gamble that iam happy with.

• Sad 1

If you refuse to pay just because that there's no consequence, you shouldn't ever:

complain that the local idiots drive on the wrong way down the street, cause that's there's no consequence

or 

run the red light when the police's not present, cause there's no consequence there either

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, malathione said:

So you came here to Thailand to lose your values or are you one of those high class tourists they're trying to attract? Perhaps you had none to begin with...

The days of being considered a tourist for me a long gone.

As i say, if you can't beat em, join em.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah at the end of the day and they refuse too renew licence/road tax until fines are paid.... pay them then.

Its a gamble that iam happy with.

Like wise, when ( very unlikely ) there is any correlation between outstanding fines and insurance or license renewal i'll have no issue paying my fines but until then there's no chance.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

If you refuse to pay just because that there's no consequence, you shouldn't ever:

complain that the local idiots drive on the wrong way down the street, cause that's there's no consequence

or 

run the red light when the police's not present, cause there's no consequence there either

Totally agree, won't here me complain about how they drive, it's pointless anyway coz it'll never change.

15 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Rubbish.

It was clearly announced in 2019 that from October of that year, renewal of taxes for motor vehicles would not be allowed anymore until all fines are paid. Put your comment where the sun does not shine.

Given your other comments... it is time to get you off the street. Not because you don't pay your fines, BUT because you think you get away with it AND that leads you to drive more reckless and dangerous by the day. 

People like you who think that they get away with just a slap on the hand (if any), when they break the laws, are one of the main reasons for the thousands of road kills every year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

It was clearly announced in 2019 that from October of that year

Has it happened yet? Is this similar to the points system they've spoken about?

BUT because you think you get away with it

I, and many others, clearly do get away with it.

People like you who think that they get away with just a slap on the hand (if any), when they break the laws, are one of the main reasons for the thousands of road kills every year. 

See above RE getting away with it.

20 years, not one accident in Thailand so i 'm clearly not at fault for any of the road kills during that time.

On 1/29/2022 at 8:28 AM, Swiss1960 said:

It was clearly announced in 2019 that from October of that year, renewal of taxes for motor vehicles would not be allowed anymore until all fines are paid. Put your comment where the sun does not shine.

Given your other comments... it is time to get you off the street. Not because you don't pay your fines, BUT because you think you get away with it AND that leads you to drive more reckless and dangerous by the day. 

So he's a murderer?

Isnt that a bit of a stretch?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Really?  Which part of this is a question?

"The gantries show speed limits, they don't show the speed of your vehicle as it passes!"

Read his post again. He merely forgot the ?

On 1/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Motorway 500baht 129km..

You'll do better next time... 

My Wife and I have about 20 similar such speeding fines between us over the past couple of years.. 

We’ve never paid any of them - I don’t know anyone (in person) who does pay their speeding fines... there is never any follow up. 

• Confused 1

On 1/24/2022 at 10:22 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Thats some grade A1 puritanical sanctimonious s#ithousery right there !!!!!  ????

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You'll do better next time... 

My Wife and I have about 20 similar such speeding fines between us over the past couple of years.. 

We’ve never paid any of them - I don’t know anyone (in person) who does pay their speeding fines... there is never any follow up. 

Well i paid it as it was upsetting my wife, as the car is in her name. Unfortunately i have now got another for the 3rd of January this one is for encroaching on a painted chevron and it took 7 weeks to reach my letterbox. My Wife rang the number associated with that camera (in Saraburi) as the picture shows other motors also on the chevrons and as the traffic was bumper to bumper that day there had to be a reason for being on said chevrons....the person who maintains that camera said "you dont want to pay then dont pay"   Tax is due on the car in July if the fines rises to 1000baht so be it and if not...i,ll ignore it.

Its 129 kmh on the expressway....  which has a limit of 120 kmh... 

Taking this a little seriously....   the ‘camera’ penalties are ridiculous. 

Some of the white line road markings are moronic, in one specific junction we use its almost impossible not to cross the white line as they are positioned so poorly...  there is a ‘one car cap’ to cross into the next lane from the junction after turning left... So to do so ‘correctly’ we have to virtually stop and wait for a gap in traffic...  Or we can just drive normally and filter in. 

Driving normally and filtering in triggers the camera = a 500 baht fine...  (we’ve never paid it).

Mean while....  on the very same expressway we’ve just exited (which we use daily) we see open pickups carrying items, which is illegal and dangerous, nothing is ever done about this. 

My opinion: I’m not paying 500 baht fines for crossing extremely poorly positioned road markings when dangerous issues are not handled... 

Of course, I’m guilty of speeding too (latest was 136kmh on the 120 express way) - I just don’t care to pay the fines until I have to...   its money making thats all.

• Like 1

Just now, keithsimmonds said:

Well i paid it as it was upsetting my wife, as the car is in her name. Unfortunately i have now got another for the 3rd of January this one is for encroaching on a painted chevron and it took 7 weeks to reach my letterbox. My Wife rang the number associated with that camera (in Saraburi) as the picture shows other motors also on the chevrons and as the traffic was bumper to bumper that day there had to be a reason for being on said chevrons....the person who maintains that camera said "you dont want to pay then dont pay"   Tax is due on the car in July if the fines rises to 1000baht so be it and if not...i,ll ignore it.

Just don’t pay.....  the ‘encroaching on road markings’ fine is utterly ridiculous... its a quick earner thats all. 

From personal experience: It won’t (or shouldn’t) impact your tax repayment of anything else... the systems are not *(yet) linked up.....  We’ve just renewed our tax... no issues (we’ve got a few years worth of fines !).... 

Strangely enough... the fines always end up at my In-Laws address (in Bangkok) and they bring them round...  My Wife and I are both registered at our currently address (Tabien Baan etc) and my Wife’s ID, driving licence etc... all registered to our address... but for some strange reason the fine is send to her parents !!! (we can’t work that one out). 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

White lies are a treat in these circumstances mate... Tell the wife you paid the fine and then dispose of fine.... I suggest to not use the garbage bin in the kitchen or toilet... Fire is the go to here.

On 1/29/2022 at 8:28 AM, Swiss1960 said:

Hyperbolic over-reaction much ???

The above posts is utterly ridiculous... he was travelling at 129kmh on an expressway...   and on a different occasion encroached on a chevron...   

I had a taxi driver the other day... he was doing 80kmh on the expressway - it frightened the living daylights out of me... I was so worried that a car travelling at the speed limit would rear end us. 

Guys like you who lack discretion and the flexibility of every day life and exaggerate a minor infraction into life threatening situations are far more likely to be dangerous on the roads than those around them who can adapt to the flow. 

Of course, some behaviour is down right dangerous, but some rules are not perfect for every situation. 

Just now, Ralf001 said:

White lies are a treat in these circumstances mate... Tell the wife you paid the fine and then dispose of fine.... I suggest to not use the garbage bin in the kitchen or toilet... Fire is the go to here.

20220318_154116.thumb.jpg.88ab49a3918320315eb69bd6a21c454b.jpg