Speeding Fine M7 Chonburi

Just now, keithsimmonds said:

20220318_154116.thumb.jpg.88ab49a3918320315eb69bd6a21c454b.jpg

1 minute ago, keithsimmonds said:

20220318_154116.thumb.jpg.88ab49a3918320315eb69bd6a21c454b.jpg

As you can see no-one in that picture is doing more than 30kms per hour thousands are going to get the ticket i got hence the fact it took nearly 7 weeks......"Harry Enfield...  Loads of Money"

• Haha 1

One thing for sure ,the Authorities don't forget about speeding

tickets if you don't pay them, I keep getting letters requesting

payment , that previous tenants did not pay, from 6 years ,3

years ago , I write on  return to sender, with Mr xxxxxxxxx,

has returned to USA several years ago ,check with immigration,

but they still keep sending them,.

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
Add on
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

One thing for sure ,the Authorities don't forget about speeding

tickets if you don't pay them, I keep getting letters requesting

payment , that previous tenants did not pay, from 6 years ,3

years ago , I write on  return to sender, with Mr xxxxxxxxx,

has returned to USA several years ago ,check with immigration,

but they still keep sending them,.

regards Worgeordie

We (Wife) has had a ‘couple of warnings’... more firmly worded letters threatening legal action. 

But, they keep going to her parents address, so we ignore them. 

If it gets serious the simple response is... “Oh, sorry, we didn’t know”...  and then pay.

This is a game enforced by juvenile minds and can be played in a juvenile manner. 

When Thailand takes its road safety seriously, I’ll take the silly little fines seriously. But while I see those tasked with enforcing laws enabling extremely dangerous and stupid behaviour on the roads through their laziness and inaction I’ll continue to pay no attention to anything else other than being extremely careful of those around me on the roads and ensuring I am no threat to anyone else - If that means driving with the flow of traffic and doing 130kmh in a 120 kmh limit on the expressway, then so be it. 

If that means crossing a fixed white line instead of having to slow right down or almost stop and presenting myself as a hazard to others who are also forced to stop and slow, then so be it. 

If that is going to be judged with an inflexible degree of sanctimony from those of such a small mind they are incapable of discretion, then so be it...  I know what those folk can go and do !!! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Strangely enough... the fines always end up at my In-Laws address (in Bangkok) and they bring them round...  My Wife and I are both registered at our currently address (Tabien Baan etc) and my Wife’s ID, driving licence etc... all registered to our address... but for some strange reason the fine is send to her parents !!! (we can’t work that one out). 

Mine always come to my work, even though the car is registered at my home address and the work permit I supplied when I bought it is a digital work permit which doesn't include a company address.  No idea either why or how that happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

As you can see no-one in that picture is doing more than 30kms per hour thousands are going to get the ticket i got hence the fact it took nearly 7 weeks......"Harry Enfield...  Loads of Money"

The tickets not for speeding! It's for driving on hatched white lines! Affence! I had one exciatley the same! In my area!

Just pay it, move on

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You'll do better next time... 

My Wife and I have about 20 similar such speeding fines between us over the past couple of years.. 

We’ve never paid any of them - I don’t know anyone (in person) who does pay their speeding fines... there is never any follow up. 

Except when you come to register your car next time.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yup... that fine is utterly ridiculous... 

That said, given the tone of some of the more pathetic posters on this thread...  you will be accused of being a disgrace, why do you believe you are above the law?... you are putting everyone else’s life at risk....  yadda yadda yadda... 

Only place for such a ridiculous fine is in the bin - ignore it. 

speeding is responsible for over 30% of all fatal accidents - about the same as drunk driving. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yup... that fine is utterly ridiculous... 

That said, given the tone of some of the more pathetic posters on this thread...  you will be accused of being a disgrace, why do you believe you are above the law?... you are putting everyone else’s life at risk....  yadda yadda yadda... 

Only place for such a ridiculous fine is in the bin - ignore it. 

I am above the law because I can pay the law, and compared to the idiots drivers here, even if I drive past and fuxx the rules, I am still 100% safer than locals and retarded old men who think they can drive when they are so old...

20 years, speeding all the time, never had an accident, and it's not just chance, it's called having a brain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

My my aren't you clever, so glad you feel proud of that achievement, been here same number of years as you, never had a speeding ticket, parking ticket or any ticket for that  matter, you are pretty sad really.

So long time without any offence ? Buy a pennys maybe...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

1 kmh over the speed limit is technically speeding... so your 30% stat is missing context. 

The Op was doing 129 kmh on an expressway with a 120 kmh limit...  technically speeding, but dangerous behaviour ?

the same applies to alcohol related accidents too.

• Haha 2

On 3/19/2022 at 6:38 PM, Thunglom said:

A lot of post on this thread show how ill-informed foreigners are about road safety and driving Thailand. 

There are no stats readily available but these comments would suggest that many foreigners who are quite happy to criticise other motorists in Thailand are in reality more of a danger to themselves and others.

I do not criticise them, they are too far behind and I hardly see them whenever I drive !

and you know what ? so many years speeding here and not even 1 accident. I guess that not many here could tell the same story...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

stopping distances

Stopping distance including reaction times at 120 kph = 107 metres

Stopping distance including reaction times at 130 kph = 124 metres

= 17 metres = 55 feet further down the road.

= about 5 parked cars or 28 average steps - that's a lot of extra crumpled metal (and people)on a real road.

Edited by Thunglom
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2022 at 3:05 PM, thierryviteau said:

so many years speeding here and not even 1 accident. I guess that not many here could tell the same story...

this applies to almost al drivers in Thailand. The 20,000 who actually die = 0.3% of the population

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely speed on the M7 these days unless I get some idiot tailgaiting then I get rid of them at the first opportunity.

Normally I am driving at the speed of the flow of the traffic if it is busy or at 120kph on the cruise control so no danger of a speeding fine. 

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2022 at 1:05 PM, bangkokstick said:

Are camera on Bangkok Pattaya still working ? I have been speeding even more and still no ticket (that I won't pay anyway just like the 20 last years tickets!)

The 7 motorway ?

Yes those cameras are still active, 6 speeding fines  in the mailbox today.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The 7 motorway ?

Yes those cameras are still active, 6 speeding fines  in the mailbox today.

Just slow down through the overhead gantries with the big screens and the two cantilevers at the trucking weigh stations. The screens that show your speed for each lane don't actually have cameras. 

There's also a sneaky bunch of cameras located on the first pedestrian footbridge on the way into Bangkok from Pattaya. 

You're welcome. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Just slow down through the overhead gantries with the big screens and the two cantilevers at the trucking weigh stations. The screens that show your speed for each lane don't actually have cameras. 

There's also a sneaky bunch of cameras located on the first pedestrian footbridge on the way into Bangkok from Pattaya. 

You're welcome. 

Nah its all good.

Fines go straight in the bin.

• Haha 2

Less than 10 cameras from BKK to Pattaya and they are all on Waze.

I wonder why even talking about something that is so easy to avoid ?

Speed as much as you want and slow down when waze informs you !

• Like 1