Jump to content

Speeding Fine M7 Chonburi


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Even more savings if you don't insure, tax or test your car.

You been here to long.

you've  gone Native. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, keithsimmonds said:

By the way it is not in my name (wifes

I get a few of those traveling around Thailand.

 

I'd pay just in case its linked and you'll be unable to register you car.

 

However if you're intending to leave your wife before that, just throw away the ticket and plead ignorance.

You can put the 500 baht towards a bar fine.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

They also  keep sending the fine notices to your address , I keep getting them

for  different tenants that moved on 3 and 4 years ago , I send the letters back

return to sender, saying Mr xxxxxx , returned to U.S.A , 3 years ago , check with

immigration , but they still keep sending them.

regards worgeordie

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Thai relatives/friends tell me they don't pay them.

 

I've always paid mine.  Even though most of the ones I have got where when I loaned a vehicle out or had a service person pickup and delivery the vehicle for us as a convience.

 

Despite what the government has said about linking them to DLT they have not done so yet.  Supposedly they are linked for commercial vehicles now.

Edited by rwill
Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to pay them almost monthly as I drive the Chonburi BKK route daily.

You soon know where they are and sometimes forget to slow down.

Friends laughed that I was paying them so I stopped to see what would happen. That was 3 years ago and no ramifications. 
 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why would you even consider not paying a tiny fine that you incurred?  Do you consider yourself above the law or are you just a bit hard up?

Bad luck.  I recommend paying to avoid any inconveniences when continuing your journey.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh??? There are cameras that actually are in working condition???. You would think the cameras would be in a similar condition as the speed displays over the motorway lanes that show you are travelling at 87 km/h when your actual speed is more like 120 km/h:)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pay it now. If you don't pay it on time you will lose the right to pay it in the future and you'll have to go on with life knowing that you didn't pay a fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Huh??? There are cameras that actually are in working condition???. You would think the cameras would be in a similar condition as the speed displays over the motorway lanes that show you are travelling at 87 km/h when your actual speed is more like 120 km/h:)

 

I don't believe when people say this.  I have driven under these things dozens of times in various places and the readout has always been correct.  Pretty sure they don't just start randomly generating numbers; if they are out if may be by 2-3 km/h.

And police speed cameras are just as accurate as those anywhere else (I know as I have been caught with them numerous times).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

$15 for a speeding fine? That's dirt cheap just for the lack of worry of what might or might not happen. Time spent on the forum discussing it was probably worth more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2022 at 10:25 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why would you dispute their accuracy, on what basis?    What speed do you reckon that you were doing?

 

If you're so sure, though, what problem do you have with contacting the police, telling them that (based on nothing whatsoever) the equipment is probably faulty, you dispute the ticket and want take it to court?  

 

Just pay the insignificant fine that you're obligated to pay or let us know how your case goes in court.

I got stopped on a slipway from route 7 once doing about 80kph. The boy in brown didn't have any English apart from "Speeding!" He then proceeded to show me a crumpled piece of paper with "120 kph" written on it. I laughed, gave him 100 baht for his cheek and got on my way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 5:38 PM, alextrat1966 said:

500 THB is peanuts... pay it and hopefully they'll use that money to fix potholes in certain roads.

This is just an observation and not a criticism.
I often read comments from expats on this Forum who say that 500 Baht or even 1,000 Baht is "peanuts" for them. They are lucky to have so much money, but one's wealth can vanish very quickly nowadays. Ask expats in Dubai when they lose their job and have to leave everything behind as they leave the country as soon as they can.
When I think of 500 Baht I think of the 500 Baht weekly cost of buying fish for the 17 abandoned cats which my wife and I look after. It has immense value for the cats and for my wife and I because of our attitude towards money.

I think that many people have regretted their pre-Wuhan Virus attitude towards money because when they lost their source of income they had to live on their savings and many have struggled to buy food, pay their rent, and whatever. 

The world's economic system is in turmoil and a world war seems likely this year or soon afterwards. Pensions will be affected as currencies lose their value. If one's bank goes belly-up, it will take all one's money above one million Baht. Immigration will kick us out if we don't have 800,000 Baht. And so on. 

500 Baht might be "peanuts" today, but by the end of the year we might regret treating it as "peanuts".

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the trouble of not paying 500baht is it worth the hassle later 

You will be wondering what's in the next letter to arrive 

Go to court 🤔

For peace of mind just pay 🥳

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

This is just an observation and not a criticism.
I often read comments from expats on this Forum who say that 500 Baht or even 1,000 Baht is "peanuts" for them. They are lucky to have so much money, but one's wealth can vanish very quickly nowadays. Ask expats in Dubai when they lose their job and have to leave everything behind as they leave the country as soon as they can.
When I think of 500 Baht I think of the 500 Baht weekly cost of buying fish for the 17 abandoned cats which my wife and I look after. It has immense value for the cats and for my wife and I because of our attitude towards money.

I think that many people have regretted their pre-Wuhan Virus attitude towards money because when they lost their source of income they had to live on their savings and many have struggled to buy food, pay their rent, and whatever. 

The world's economic system is in turmoil and a world war seems likely this year or soon afterwards. Pensions will be affected as currencies lose their value. If one's bank goes belly-up, it will take all one's money above one million Baht. Immigration will kick us out if we don't have 800,000 Baht. And so on. 

500 Baht might be "peanuts" today, but by the end of the year we might regret treating it as "peanuts".

Without trying to sound rude, if 500 baht is a lot of money for an expat in Thailand (who has the means to drive a car), then sticking within the speed limits it probably the best idea.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the replies..good bad and ugly....to me every day is a School day and every day you can learn something..i did.

I paid the fine yesterday....which pleased my Wife.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rwill said:

My Thai relatives/friends tell me they don't pay them.

 

I've always paid mine. 

You are showing the responsibility expected of a foreigner as opposed to the rather juvenile approach of the locals.

 

5 hours ago, XJPSX said:

... Friends laughed that I was paying them so I stopped to see what would happen. That was 3 years ago and no ramifications. 

On the other hand...

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's happen to those who don't bother to update their blue/green book at DLT each time they change adress...They can't get speeding ticket mail anymore at their new adress...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 9:32 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Not as simple as that,i would dispute the accuracy of there speed camera,and both pictures showing me crossing over onto chevrons also show 2 of those 50 baht speedster vans forcing me out of my lane.

So no i dont drive how i want.

OP don’t know how closely their monitoring/connecting traffic violations so can’t advise 

to pay or not. One concern would be the points system and if their tallying. The 2 crossing 

over should be easy enough to be removed. Speeding you could debate with them.

 

Hopefully there is a system in place for disputes ...   Best of luck ... I hate to pay for something 

that’s not the case.

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

OP don’t know how closely their monitoring/connecting traffic violations so can’t advise 

to pay or not. One concern would be the points system and if their tallying. The 2 crossing 

over should be easy enough to be removed. Speeding you could debate with them.

 

Hopefully there is a system in place for disputes ...   Best of luck ... I hate to pay for something 

that’s not the case.

 

 

 

 

Thanks for the reply. I only paid in the end as a result of some replies on here that seem to infer that they (Police/DLT) "will get you in the end".

Some people have made comments that really have no idea of the circumstances surrounding my original post. Yes i did or it seems i have so far gotten away with 2 x 400 baht fines for my passenger side front and rear tyres literally touching a painted chevron on entering and exiting the same toll booth in Pattaya (how ironic) some on here would have me hanged for that offence judging by there posts...but when some cnutt in a speedster van decides to take your lane cos they cant enter the M- Pass lane and they must be first off the blocks when exiting the toll booth even if there is no designated lane for them then someone  ie... Me has to give way and for that i am the one who is at fault...yeah i did 129km when it should have been 120km on New Years eve when all the toll boths were free...did i turn left on Red ..No... did i do a u turn on Red No...do i ride a motorbike without a Helmut No... do i double park cos i am too foooking lazy to park my motor properly No....put a fork in me i,m done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2022 at 9:36 AM, thierryviteau said:

 

no respect, no moral, I already spend too much money here, if I could rob food without risk, I would also do it.

 

 

you sound like the ideal expat 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I don't believe when people say this.  I have driven under these things dozens of times in various places and the readout has always been correct.  Pretty sure they don't just start randomly generating numbers; if they are out if may be by 2-3 km/h.

And police speed cameras are just as accurate as those anywhere else (I know as I have been caught with them numerous times).

He is correct about one of them on the number 7 - it reports around 87km/h for 120km/h driving. The rest of them are pretty accurate when they're working.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Boyn said:
On 1/24/2022 at 4:36 PM, thierryviteau said:

 

no respect, no moral, I already spend too much money here, if I could rob food without risk, I would also do it.

 

 

you sound like the ideal expat 

I bet he's on those 'covid extensions' as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2022 at 10:50 AM, josephbloggs said:

I don't believe when people say this.  I have driven under these things dozens of times in various places and the readout has always been correct.  Pretty sure they don't just start randomly generating numbers; if they are out if may be by 2-3 km/h.

And police speed cameras are just as accurate as those anywhere else (I know as I have been caught with them numerous times).

Just this weekend I was travelling both south and back North and I'm 100% sure most of the displays showed completely erratic speeds. And yes, I am aware that the speedometers of all vehicles are deliberately calibrated to show a slightly higher speed than actual, because they are allowed to error on that side but have 0 allowance to error on the other side.

Edited by AlQaholic
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlQaholic said:

Just this weekend I was travelling both south and back North and I'm 100% sure most of the displays showed completely erratic speeds. And yes, I am aware that the speedometers of all vehicles are deliberately calibrated to show a slightly higher speed than actual, because they are allowed to error on that side but have 0 allowance to error on the other side.

The displays on the overhead gantry are from speed detectors that are NOT used for issuing tickets. They are there as an advisory, a warning. If the painted sign speed limit alongside the display says 60 and the 'radar' indicator says 160 but your own speedo says 130, you are still going too fast.

 

Sheesh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The displays on the overhead gantry are from speed detectors that are NOT used for issuing tickets. They are there as an advisory, a warning. If the painted sign speed limit alongside the display says 60 and the 'radar' indicator says 160 but your own speedo says 130, you are still going too fast.

 

Sheesh.

I never go too fast. And I was just pointing out that the stuff simply is not working, I was not discussing speeds in general, just pointing out that stuff that the Thai Govt. installs anywhere, stops working after a while because somehow somebody didn't plan for maintenance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...