Jump to content

Thai Pass quandary


Recommended Posts

After Test & Go was abandoned (along with rumors it would be this summer before it was reconsidered) I bit the bullet, booked a flight to BKK for Feb 3 along with a seven day AQ hotel etc.

 

Now it seems Test & Go, albeit in a different format, is being reintroduced from Feb1.

 

Do I stick with the Thai Pass that has already been issued and try to arrange something privately with the AQ hotel for day 1 and day 5?

 

Do I wait until Feb 1 and reapply for a new Thai Pass, but run the risk of not getting my new pass in time for the flight?

 

Do I just present my current Thai pass as if nothing has changed and keep my fingers crossed?

 

Welcome to the land of flip-flops.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

cancel AQ asap and book with same hotel T&G. They can do it, even if on websites (agoda etc) they can't offer it yet.

You can try to get TP for T&G from 1.02 9am, but small chance.

 

They would let you in on a valid TP for AQ. They scan it and it shows it's valid. I have shown them QR cod for a TP exactly a month ahead, for a future flight - they haven't spotted anything wrong at health check, neither at immi (she did scan it, but looked at)

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

cancel AQ asap and book with same hotel T&G

He arrives 3 Feb. Test & Go Thai Pass only allowed to apply after 9am on 1 Feb with a published 7-10 day approval. Who would risk that?

 

Best hope is current hotel booking will revert to test & go and refund the days not used?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, internationalism said:

cancel AQ asap and book with same hotel T&G.

You can try to get TP for T&G from 1.02 9am, but small chance.

 

They would let you in on a valid TP for AQ. They scan it and it shows it's valid. I have shown them QR cod for a TP exactly a month ahead, for a future flight - they haven't spotted anything wrong at health check, neither at immi (she did scan it, but looked at)

Sounds good.

 

Have contacted the hotel and they seem quite responsive as I have promised to book all 5 days with them as a double room now.....I assume the wife can stay with me??

 

Certainly not comfortable applying for a new TP and having that anxious wait.

 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

He arrives 3 Feb. Test & Go Thai Pass only allowed to apply after 9am on 1 Feb with a published 7-10 day approval. Who would risk that?

 

Best hope is current hotel booking will revert to test & go and refund the days not used?

yes, they suppose to upgrade their software and service for the last month, TP might be issued within hours. Only after several weeks they might be lagging for many days. He will be processed as priority, short time to departure. Embassy as a back up, to speed up  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

He arrives 3 Feb. Test & Go Thai Pass only allowed to apply after 9am on 1 Feb with a published 7-10 day approval. Who would risk that?

 

Best hope is current hotel booking will revert to test & go and refund the days not used?

I think that is the route......the alternative is to delay my flight, but the wife would go ballistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Test & Go will be on the Thailand Pass site before the 1st for entries on or after that day.

Wait and see what happens tomorrow.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Sounds good.

 

Have contacted the hotel and they seem quite responsive as I have promised to book all 5 days with them as a double room now.....I assume the wife can stay with me??

 

Certainly not comfortable applying for a new TP and having that anxious wait.

 

Cheers

wife can stay from day 2 (or as soon as results come - if tested at hospital in the morning you might get it early afternoon, some 6h). Probably you can stay together till check out on day 6th, after 2nd test result

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the Test & Go will be on the Thailand Pass site before the 1st for entries on or after that day.

Wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Arrr.....interesting.

 

Certainly, given the option, I would prefer everything to be squeaky clean and comply in every respect .

 

Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, internationalism said:

wife can stay from day 2 (or as soon as results come - if tested at hospital in the morning you might get it early afternoon, some 6h). Probably you can stay together till check out on day 6th, after 2nd test result

Going to be fun persuading her see can't stay the first night......555.....she will camp out in reception.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the Test & Go will be on the Thailand Pass site before the 1st for entries on or after that day.

Wait and see what happens tomorrow.

I wonder......does the TP I currently have, automatically get suspended/deleted when I apply for a new one?

 

I guess as soon as the same passport number goes into the system it will pick up the new application and cancel the old one????

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the Test & Go will be on the Thailand Pass site before the 1st for entries on or after that day.

Wait and see what happens tomorrow.

You're speaking common sense. Unfortunately Thailand has already said thailand Pass T&G applications will  only open at 9am on Feb 1, because they seem to think all travellers can jump through all the hoops with one day notice

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

You're speaking common sense. Unfortunately Thailand has already said thailand Pass T&G applications will  only open at 9am on Feb 1, because they seem to think all travellers can jump through all the hoops with one day notice

Who or where was that stated that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Going to be fun persuading her see can't stay the first night......555.....she will camp out in reception.

probably the safest if she starts her journey on you negative test. With omicron you have up to 10% chance of testing positive (based on phuket data). Get some lozenges with cetylpiridinium chloride, any nasal spray through journey and just before testing

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Who or where was that stated that.

Just because you refuse to acknowledge the TAT news site I've advised you of many times doesn't make your version true lol

 

The Thailand Pass system reopens for new TEST & GO applications

From 1 February, 2022, 09.00 Hrs. Thailand time, fully vaccinated travellers from any country around the world can apply for a TEST & GO Thailand Pass up to 60 days in advance.

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-resumes-test-go-scheme-reopens-pattaya-and-ko-chang-sandbox-from-1-february-2022/

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I wonder......does the TP I currently have, automatically get suspended/deleted when I apply for a new one?

 

I guess as soon as the same passport number goes into the system it will pick up the new application and cancel the old one????

they are not that sophisticated. They just asked not to submit same documents for TP multiple times, but never mentioned cancelling anything. 

They have issued me T&G for january submitted just before closing on 21.12, with hotel booking already submitted for T&G december departure. 

Looks like they check applications not thoroughly, at random.

Once you land in thailand they won't turn you back, if you have hotel booking. That even would be the very same hotel. Just different plan - easy to explain and understandable by immi (if they spot irregularity) 

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I wonder......does the TP I currently have, automatically get suspended/deleted when I apply for a new one?

 

I guess as soon as the same passport number goes into the system it will pick up the new application and cancel the old one????

There have been many cases reported on this forum about receiving multiple Thai Pass approvals without cancelling the previous ( which is crazy).

 

Personally, I did a hail mary at 10pm on 22 Dec after they announced T&G suspension was at midnight. I uploaded flight booking in hotel spot and vax certificate in insurance spot. I got my approved Thai Pass 48 Hrs later and then booked and paid for hotel and insurance.

 

So I'd keep your current TP to get you on the plane, but apply for a new T&G Thai Pass as soon as system opens.

Miracles happen 😀

 

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

There have been many cases reported on this forum about receiving multiple Thai Pass approvals without cancelling the previous ( which is crazy).

 

Personally, I did a hail mary at 10pm on 22 Dec after they announced T&G suspension was at midnight. I uploaded flight booking in hotel spot and vax certificate in insurance spot. I got my approved Thai Pass 48 Hrs later and then booked and paid for hotel and insurance.

 

So I'd keep your current TP to get you on the plane, but apply for a new T&G Thai Pass as soon as system opens.

Miracles happen 😀

 

555.....fingers crossed....I just hate not having things squared away properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It actually states on front of the Thai pass what is what approved for IE Alternative quarantine or test and go so I suggest you contact Thai pass admin and ask if you can enter under an alternative method.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BangkokAlan said:

It actually states on front of the Thai pass what is what approved for IE Alternative quarantine or test and go so I suggest you contact Thai pass admin and ask if you can enter under an alternative method.

 

 

I got my Thai Pass Jan 19 for a mid Feb entry and it states "Alternative Quarantine" only??

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

when checking in they look in thailand pass for date and country of departure, they don't bother what program it is. All paperwork is the same for all programs.

On the health form (previously given in the landing airport, but now on air plane) you select what program you are coming in. From that form a pink copy is given for a second test on day 5.

They won't turn back a passenger with that minor irregularity, even if they spot it. Hotel booking confirms what plan you are entering. Nothing stops from showing the cancelled AQ hotel booking. They don't check with hotel or any online system if booking was cancelled. There is no need and no time for doing so. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Certainly not comfortable applying for a new TP and having that anxious wait.

 

There is no harm in Applying for the Test & Go Thailand Pass on 1st Feb.

 

The existence of a second application will not override your existing Thailand Pass.

 

You may or may not get the ‘Test & Go’ Pass in time, you can apply, then contact the ‘support’ e-mail and hope for an expedited response.

 

Additionally, if arriving with the AQ Pass (not the Test & Go Pass) you ‘should’ be able to request ‘Test & Go’ as you meet those requirements. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I got my Thai Pass Jan 19 for a mid Feb entry and it states "Alternative Quarantine" only??

You can submit another application for ‘Test & Go’ as you have time. 

 

But, if you already meet the requirements you may (should) be good to go with your AQ Pass to enter with the ‘Test & Go Program’...   The Pass gets you into the country, a lot of the rest is up to what the hotel accepts. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How can a hotel make a decision to change reason of stay from AQ to test and go. They have to abide by the Thailand pass so just be careful on your expectations when arriving in Thailand, after exiting the plane your documents are reviewed at a checkpoint before immigration and they want to see the Thai pass and hotel details if one says AQ and another test and go you may be challenged, or you may be sent on your way who knows? Make sure your hotel will honor the test and go or you will end up in AQ anyway. I don't see how they can change reason for stay.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

rules of entry have just changed from AQ to back again T&G. Everybody understands T&G is more convenient and won't push back.

Still, having printed out AQ hotel booking (even already cancelled one) might help to argue your case.

They are tolerant in every possible way and not thorough at all. They don't want backlog in their work and later bad publicity on the net and social media. Once checked in pretty much sure entry. At phuket and at BKK they had special support teams, which were helping sort out outstanding paperwork, bookings etc. Some people were travelling to phuket sandbox at the beginning of june without COE, because of problems with consulates issuing them. Same with the beginning of T&G 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In December I applied and received my T&G for a Feb arrival. On January 7 decided to move up my arrival to January 15. Out of fear I wouldn't get the T&G date changed in time, I applied for a Sandbox on Jan 7. It was my 3rd Sandbox so I assumed my documents were in the system and I'd get that approval within hours. 

 

When my Sandbox approval didn't come in the first 3 days, I reapplied in case I'd made an error with my application. On Jan 12 I received a Sandbox pass, and three hours later a second one. On Jan 13 I got my Test & Go date corrected and a new QR code. So when I went to the airport I had 2 Sandbox and 1 T&G QR codes. One pass doesn't cancel the other. Upon check I used my T&G QR code - but I could have shown them any one of the three. 

 

My hotel was incredibly flexible and was willing to adjust my reservation at the last minute. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

get a thai person to call  contact number here https://www.tatnews.org/ and ask what can be done... make sure the Thai person you get to do this understands what you are asking however .... I would personally make the application and see if you can get it approved as long as your cancellation period for the hotel allows 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, monty1412 said:

get a thai person to call  contact number here https://www.tatnews.org/ and ask what can be done... make sure the Thai person you get to do this understands what you are asking however .... I would personally make the application and see if you can get it approved as long as your cancellation period for the hotel allows 

Did email......rather shocked there was no response....555

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 11:07 PM, Will B Good said:

Arrr.....interesting.

 

Certainly, given the option, I would prefer everything to be squeaky clean and comply in every respect .

 

Cheers.

I am arriving on 4th Dec and did the same. I booked the 7 day quarantine. I queried my hotel and they offered me either day 1 only, days 1 and 5, or all 5 days, which was, surprisingly, their recommendation so I 'could enjoy the sites and benefits of Bangkok' (and catch covid while doing so!). As I live 380km away with no AQ facility in site I'm going to go home and get tested PCR at the local hospital on day 5 and send the results to the consular. Stupid requirements for day 5 yes?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...