"Thai style" beaches in Phuket?

YaesuBottyLove

15 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

What is not pristine?

The fecal coliform count.

Decimated coral gardens at Nai Thon due to sedimentary run off from the illegal development on the mountainside.

I have been here a long time.  Last thing you want to do is take me on regarding Phuket beaches:

7 1/2 yr old vid ... I'd be surprised if they still practice that.  Things are much improved.  Not saying many Thai beaches are sh!tholes, littered with trash, as I've seen my share.  But not when I've been on Phuket.   

Fecal count is another story of course, during high season with millions of tourist, but I wouldn't visit then.  But then, where is pristine / fecal ct free, that is visited by millions every year.

11 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Is that what you looking for?

beach.jpeg

In Rayong right about now the beaches are starting to get trashy because every year at this time the tides change and bring in the islands of trash. It will be this way for 2-3 months at least.

17 hours ago, andreww said:

Bangtao beach looks like the filth on the photos above: full of umbrellas, deckchairs and cheap Thai food joints nearby. Looks totally f#cked comparing to other pristine Phuket beaches. Surin was in similar state prior pandemic, but I heard no beach chairs there, just lots of street food on the road along the beach. Hopefully such cancer won't spread to other beaches and Phuket stays beautiful..

Surin beach is the most defaced on Phuket - barely any tourists and yet an uninterrupted row of beach loungers just as it always has been even during the 20% days. New mayor does not seem to have made any difference.

I ride past it every day and can't understand why anyone would go there - maybe it reminds them of the Costas in Spain?

17 hours ago, bokningar said:

So they charge the park fee at Layan now?

I didn't use to pay before corona when I went there.

Did see some rangers on the south end of Nai Yang some weeks ago as well.

Seems like they are getting greedier all the time. 

Yes, up until about 3pm there is usually someone on the gate with a book of tickets but I look straight ahead, don't make eye contact, and ride straight in - they are usually too engrossed in their phone to even look up!

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

But then, where is pristine / fecal ct free, that is visited by millions every year.

Countries that have functioning, and sufficient capacity, sewerage treatment plants that are regularly maintained.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, London Lowf said:

I didn't realise it was called Dream Beach, but I guess it was named after the now-derelict Dream Beach Club.

IMG_20211020_150838451_HDR.jpg.2703d2f9f13de84675dde33f4990c15c.jpg

Wow, holy smokes. Used to sell wine wholesale there, was amazed at the markup (like 300%), place was full of hipster Russians, DJ playing super bunk Euro beat... Guess no more wealthy Russians to support the place.

22 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Wow, holy smokes. Used to sell wine wholesale there, was amazed at the markup (like 300%), place was full of hipster Russians, DJ playing super bunk Euro beat... Guess no more wealthy Russians to support the place.

You can only overcharge people for so long ... and if they can come, then intelligent people will just give it a pass.

trying to help, visit freedom beach, a bit of hiking to go down(and steep to go up!) but you will get your beers and some food (small vendors directly on the beach). You talked about beach and this is a real secluded beach although hard accessible. On the other hand, as the Phuketians mentioned above Yanui (has few restaurants and vendors across the road) and Naiharn (10 meters from the sand there is few restaurants Thai style) are good options.

Ao Sane beach also is perfect for what you are looking (google it restaurant DIRECTLY on the beach)....or nui beach but still difficult to access it (you need to get to a SUV)