Unexpected Cars

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One for the Range rover fans. I saw it last week but not in Thailand.

A 95 era 2 door soft top sedan model Range Rover complete with boot (trunk to our US friends).

It looked factory made. Possibly a special order for a middle eastern businessman.

Sounds like one of the Landcruiser V8s. Its a 4.7L IIRC.

Thanks found it 100% same back, only difference was this one had 4 exhaust tail pipes 2 on each side

post-42643-0-62241400-1351043747_thumb.j

Make a Honda CRV look like a mini

Edited by ignis

The Ford Corsair was built from 1963 by Ford, yes under the skin if was a Cortina with a V4 engine, the idea if i remember right was to be 1/2 a class above the Cortina but undercut the Rover, Triumph and Humber........ The Ford Corsair came as a 2 or 4 door saloon, a GT, an Estate and a Convertible production ended in 1970 being replaced with the Mk 3 Cortina and Capri...

Back then as I remember Managers or owner of smaller companies had then to be a bit above the worker with the Cotina. my Boss at the time bought one, long serving Reps had them.................

Jeff Uren Racing named the 'Savage' also worked on them, but mostly on the Mk 1, 2 and 3 Cortina. a Savage 3.0 V6 Essex engine converted Cortina or Corsair was something of the 60's wow factor,,,,,,,,,,,,, Back then 6.8 sec to 60/100kmh from a normal looking saloon, 7.4 in Auto... only problem was drive fast expect 11 - 15 miles per gallon,,,,,, I had a Mk2 estate Savage, as I can remember a fill up was something like 3 GBP.......... .and now a day a mint Savage will sell for 30,000 GBP upwards.

It's not a Cortina, and it's not modified.

I do apologise.

I should have spelled it out more clearly for you.

It was based on a Cortina.

Still a hideous looking car.

All to do with being different ?

Just look at the new Mini and some of there hideous looking bodies

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At a junction in Sri Racha the other day my eyes decieved me for some reason I thought I saw a black mini pick up out the corner of my eye, nope just another hi lux . How I made the mistake I've no idea, but then a few hundred metres up the road in the other direction there was a red mini pick up parked at the side of the road. Do,do,do,do,do,do <--------- spooky noise.

Oh and 3 lambos in the last week. One yellow convertible in Bang Saen, one white one going past in Chonburi city and another approaching the toll booths at the Chonburi end.

New Year is the time to spot some more unusual cars around Bangkok as I think alot get dusted off for a quick trip around Bangkok while the streets are deserted. On a short drive to the shops and spotted a few old Porcshes, a Lotus, and this Comaro which seems in good condition. Couldn't geet a great photo as was next to me at the lights so best I could do.

post-145826-0-13272500-1356845029_thumb.

Yesterday saw here a paint job [getting old cant even remember what the paint was called]

Lots of cars had them in Europe 15 - 20 years ago. depends on the light as to what colour it is, catch it in the right way can see lots of different colour's or as it moves it changes colour.

It's referred to as Chameleon paint, made by a US company called Chromaflair.

First Corsair's 63-65 had straight 4 engines.

Yes your right, was a long time ago had to look it up, the 1st ones had the 1500cc Cortina engines, replaced with 1700cc and 2000cc V engines in 1965

I used to have a Ford Corsair 1600GT in that colour at one time and that was a bit of a shifter too, I totalled in in a Devon village by hitting a 1955 Austin Cambridge. After we bent the front wing of the Austin away and changed the wheel he drove away. My offside front wing was just over a foot long and the front wheel was at 90 degrees to the rest of the car.

Later in in Germany I had a Mk 2 Ford Corsair 2000E and that was a lovely car too. It got stolen one night in Kingston upon Thames and the barsteward nicked all my tapes and my sheepskin seat covers as well. It was found 9 weeks later 5 miles away and I sold it to the cop who had found it as I had a Wolsley 6/110 by then.....

I had an Aussie built Cortina with a 250 ci 6 cylinder engine back in the 70's. Handled like a bucket of.......

Same as this one.

post-63954-0-92358200-1357307164_thumb.j

Modified the suspension no end but never got it to handle.