77-year-old motorbike rider dies in front of his home after being hit by a pickup truck in Ban Bueng

webfact

1 hour ago, Excel said:
5 hours ago, transam said:

Well, you seem to be the "hang 'em high" brigade.....????

Really ? Well I consider causing a death by dangerous driving a despicable act but it appears by your comment you see no problem with it - shameful on your part in my opinion.

Death by Dangerous Driving is a despicable act...  No one disagrees with that. 

But, you are already in the throws of accusing the pickup driver of ‘driving dangerously’.... 

Yet, if you look at the damage to the vehicle, the impact was extremely slow (I’ve seem more damage caused by cyclists riding into stationary vehicles). 

There is nothing in this which suggests the driver of the pickup was driving dangerously. 

There are other facets involved: Did the motorcyclist pull out into traffic without looking. Was he wearing a helmet ??  Doubtful...

Would wearing a helmet have turned this death into something readily survivable and perhaps something as simple as nothing more than bruising ???

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:
15 hours ago, Maejo Man said:

Why is the pick up on the wrong side of the road?

Passing the other pickup parked facing the wrong way......

I am not sure it is easy to carry a case of beer and drive a motorcycle at the same time .....

What is it with Ban Bueng.... so many of these accidents. Sad....

That pickup (silver) is simply driving around the incident and happened to get snapped in the photo.

Obvious answer to the pickup being on the wrong side of the road is ’swerving’ to avoid the motorcyclist who’d pulled out in front of her. 

15 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Probably explains the accident, driving at speed, wrong side of the road, talking on the phone, no drivers license, tax and insurance.............. 

Wow - all of that from one photo ???? - I mean.... no drivers licence, on the phone, no tax or insurance....     incredible deduction !!! :whistling:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Excel said:
11 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Typical poster not reading the full story before commenting. The FEMALE driver was 27.

SHE !

So being a Thai female makes it ok to be on the wrong side of the road and kill someone does it ? Typical Thai apologist.

Seriously???......      you took that step to try and safe face !!! ????:clap2:????

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

That pickup (silver) is simply driving around the incident and happened to get snapped in the photo.

Obvious answer to the pickup being on the wrong side of the road is ’swerving’ to avoid the motorcyclist who’d pulled out in front of her. 

My answer to the question works both ways.... you are just guessing. 

13 hours ago, Excel said:

Really ? Well I consider causing a death by dangerous driving a despicable act but it appears by your comment you see no problem with it - shameful on your part in my opinion.

What a strange assumption, go to the back of the class........????.............????

• Sad 1