TM30 form completion.

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was just advised that its yearly....  But, as with all ‘official advice’ no one really knows so they just tell us something. 

There is no yearly requirement for a TM30 report.

Under the regulation issued by immigration in June of 2020 a TM30 report is not required for most people unless they change addresses or enter with a new visa. Those will with a extension of stay and using a re-entry permit or those with a multiple entry visa do not need to do them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the clarification.  So if I enter as visa exempt for 30 days then I am required to complete a TM30 registration within 24 hours of arriving at my own condo.  However, after I have applied for the O-Visa and 12 month extension I no longer need to complete a further TM30 even if I just hop over to Phuket for a weekend and return to the condo after.   Is this correct?   Thank you. 

If I enter on a 30 day visa exempt and plan to then apply for a non O retirement visa, if I plan to stay at my condo can I apply for the TM30 on the same day as the non O visa.   Am wondering if I only need to fill in a TM30 any day prior to the day of application?   I ask as it seems it can be submitted the same day of the visa application if I decide to just use an agent is this correct?

7 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

Am wondering if I only need to fill in a TM30 any day prior to the day of application?

I can't see the point of leaving the TM30 till late.

Do the TM30 prior to applying for your non O retirement.

I would do it early knowing I was attending immigration at some point. 

Thanks Dr Jack.  Once I have applied for the TM30 assuming I obtain a multiple entry O-Retirement visa thereafter if I then take a trip to Singapore or outside of Thailand and return using my multiple entry, do I then need to apply for a TM30 again or no need?  

7 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

Once I have applied for the TM30 assuming I obtain a multiple entry O-Retirement visa thereafter if I then take a trip to Singapore or outside of Thailand and return using my multiple entry, do I then need to apply for a TM30 again or no need?  

A new TM30 report will not be required unless you change your address or enter the country with new visa.

Keep a copy of the TM30 report receipt to show them if asked for it.

Thank you for clarifying.  Also if I enter via test and go (30 day visa exempt) and choose to just stay at the same hotel from day 1 to day 5, I presume that the hotel will then do the TM30 requirements for this period.  I would then only be required to file a TM30 myself after I arrive at my condo to stay there from day 6 onwards.  Is this understanding correct?   

On 1/26/2022 at 8:06 AM, ubonjoe said:

There is no yearly requirement for a TM30 report.

Under the regulation issued by immigration in June of 2020 a TM30 report is not required for most people unless they change addresses or enter with a new visa. Those will with a extension of stay and using a re-entry permit or those with a multiple entry visa do not need to do them.

That is great news. I always arrive on a Friday to allow the full 72 hours allowed to report but it is a pain. I may have done my last TM30 since applying for imm o and retirement extension should use the TM30 I just got ????

42 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I may have done my last TM30 since applying for imm o and retirement extension should use the TM30 I just got

If you are applying for your first extension after entering the country with a new visa then you would need to show at least a receipt for one.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are applying for your first extension after entering the country with a new visa then you would need to show at least a receipt for one.

Is it best to do the TM30 report in person at CW assuming this is where I will apply for the Retirement O during my initial 30 day exempt?  I read previously someone mentioned doing the report elsewhere but the application for the visa a CW but would prefer to do at CW if that’s an option?  

3 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

Is it best to do the TM30 report in person at CW assuming this is where I will apply for the Retirement O during my initial 30 day exempt?  I read previously someone mentioned doing the report elsewhere but the application for the visa a CW but would prefer to do at CW if that’s an option?  

If applying for a visa at CW they may still do the TM30 report there.

TM30 reports are normally done at the Muang Thong Thani office now.

Thank you.  Another thought is if I have previously stayed for long weekends at my condo (as visa exempt) for 4 or 5 days but wasn’t aware of any requirement to complete a TM30 form at that time is this possibly an issue when obtaining a TM30 for a visa application?  

4 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

Thank you.  Another thought is if I have previously stayed for long weekends at my condo (as visa exempt) for 4 or 5 days but wasn’t aware of any requirement to complete a TM30 form at that time is this possibly an issue when obtaining a TM30 for a visa application?  

That will not be a problem.

12 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

If I arrive at my Condo on a Friday and have 72 hours to do the report does this mean I have to do it by Sunday at the latest or Monday?   Is the Muang Thong Thani office open on the weekend still?

You need to relax a little. A TM30 is easy to do and is free and you only need to do it if intending to go to immigration for something during your current trip.

As for timing, the official rule is within 24 hours, but they officially allow up to 72 hours without applying the 1600 baht fine. In reality, they show common sense in that if you arrive Friday lunchtime they know you can't get to immigration until they open on Monday. I've even gone on a Wednesday after Friday arrival and no fine. They are happy you just do it in my opinion

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Confused 1