Alcohol free beer

splodger

On 1/26/2022 at 5:04 PM, yeahbutif said:

Might seem a draft answer but why drink alcohol free beer.. might as well have a sprint or something.... Or is it the colour..to make it look cool.. .look at me drinking a pint...

How does drinking beer make you look cool? You sound like a 14 year old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Might seem a draft answer but why drink alcohol free beer.. might as well have a sprint or something.... Or is it the colour..to make it look cool.. .look at me drinking a pint...

Yes it does seem a daft answer. 

• Haha 1

Some people drink alcohol free beer to try and lose weight. Others drink it to lower their blood pressure. ????

What you may see in the shops, and very occasionally in bars, is San Miguel Zero.   For clarity, the 'Zero' reference to zero sugar, with the actual alcohol content being 3%.   It's actually a favourite of mine, and only 60 calories a small bottle.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:51 PM, Bert got kinky said:

If you want alcohol free beer Heineken 0.0 is the best available in Thailand (bottles taste better than cans).

Don't fall for San Miguel's Zero beer, it tastes putrid, it definitely isn't beer but it does have alcohol 3% alcohol. ????

Yeah, bottles taste heaps better.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 3:51 PM, Bert got kinky said:

If you want alcohol free beer Heineken 0.0 is the best available in Thailand (bottles taste better than cans).

Don't fall for San Miguel's Zero beer, it tastes putrid, it definitely isn't beer but it does have alcohol 3% alcohol. ????

i rarely drink - so when i clocked san mig's "zero" i thought i'd give it a go - bought 2 bottles of it .... was a tad expensive - i thought the taste was pretty spot on .... i drank the 2 bottles and felt a bit drunk - was then i looked at the bottles to see "3%" on the label - how can they call it "Zero"  ? - tried the Heineken 0 - taste similar to the san mig zero, but deffo no drunk feeling after ....

9 hours ago, piston broke said:

i rarely drink - so when i clocked san mig's "zero" i thought i'd give it a go - bought 2 bottles of it .... was a tad expensive - i thought the taste was pretty spot on .... i drank the 2 bottles and felt a bit drunk - was then i looked at the bottles to see "3%" on the label - how can they call it "Zero"  ? - tried the Heineken 0 - taste similar to the san mig zero, but deffo no drunk feeling after ....

I stopped drinking around 4 years ago, so for the new year (muted) celebrations I tried to get my usual Heineken 0.0.

Being able to hold a bottle and chat with my mates makes me feel a sense of belonging to the crowd, the bottle is a great prop.

While shopping for Heineken 0.0 I could only find cans and they don't give off the same vibe and the substitute beer actually starts to taste like a substitute beer.

However, I did spot San Mig's Zero beer and a quick scan of the label and the very oversized lettering of 'ZERO' told me that it would be ok for a non drinker.

On New Year's Eve I fired up the BBQ and opened a bottle.

Like I said, it tasted putrid, so I palmed it off on one of my relatives.

The relative returned to me 10 minutes later, pointing out to me that there was 3% alcohol in the drink and showed me the small print at the bottom of the label.

Unsuspecting non drinkers are part of Sam Mig's target when offloading this 'drink' and I feel that the brewery should be stopped from this underhand marketing.

It boils my pish so much that I'm thinking about writing them a very strongly worded letter.

CO6q-otU8AAlrNQ.jpg

On 2/2/2022 at 7:18 AM, Bert got kinky said:

I stopped drinking around 4 years ago, so for the new year (muted) celebrations I tried to get my usual Heineken 0.0.

Being able to hold a bottle and chat with my mates makes me feel a sense of belonging to the crowd, the bottle is a great prop.

While shopping for Heineken 0.0 I could only find cans and they don't give off the same vibe and the substitute beer actually starts to taste like a substitute beer.

However, I did spot San Mig's Zero beer and a quick scan of the label and the very oversized lettering of 'ZERO' told me that it would be ok for a non drinker.

On New Year's Eve I fired up the BBQ and opened a bottle.

Like I said, it tasted putrid, so I palmed it off on one of my relatives.

The relative returned to me 10 minutes later, pointing out to me that there was 3% alcohol in the drink and showed me the small print at the bottom of the label.

Unsuspecting non drinkers are part of Sam Mig's target when offloading this 'drink' and I feel that the brewery should be stopped from this underhand marketing.

It boils my pish so much that I'm thinking about writing them a very strongly worded letter.

CO6q-otU8AAlrNQ.jpg

San Mig Zero - a brilliant drink for those of us who enjoy a beer but need to contain the calorie intake.

The zero relates to sugar - and the 0% abv is very clear on the labelling........that said, I first thought it was zero alcohol - until I read the label.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

It means Zero sugar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

I first thought it was zero alcohol - until I read the label.

I did the opposite with Asahi Dry Zero & thought the Zero related to it having no sugar but still had alcohol in it until I took a load to a barbeque & one of my mates asked me if I was driving!

Tastes great though so would recommend it if you want a non-alcoholic beer & can find it (this was in Singapore where it's sold in most shops).

Edit: Some pros of drinking alcohol free beer https://www.thebluedolphinstore.com/en/alcohol-free-beer-is-not-fattening/

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1