Alcohol free beer

splodger

As others have said, Heineken 0 is available at most supermarkets and some 7/11s. Unfortunately they seem to, as of very recently, only be available in cans and not bottles anymore.

Food Mart in Jomtien had, along with an intermittent supple of Heineken zero, another more expensive alcohol free beer. I think it may have been Paulaner, but I'm not 100% sure.

Unfortunately very few bars, even big chains, seem to serve any alcohol free beers. I guess there's just not enough demand for it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

Might seem a draft answer but why drink alcohol free beer.. might as well have a sprint or something.... Or is it the colour..to make it look cool.. .look at me drinking a pint...

I'm on medication 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is better to avoid alcohol when unwell, but antibiotics themselves do not usually preclude alcohol. 

Quite a few bars I know (Cherry) were stocking Heineken 00, and can be found in Supermarkets like Big-C.

It's not dangerous to mix but it can reduce the effectiveness of most antibiotics 

If you want alcohol free beer Heineken 0.0 is the best available in Thailand (bottles taste better than cans).

Don't fall for San Miguel's Zero beer, it tastes putrid, it definitely isn't beer but it does have alcohol 3% alcohol. ????

Edited by Bert got kinky

On 1/26/2022 at 1:55 PM, Lemsta69 said:

Heineken 0% at the Seven?

Nasty awful ???? <deleted>. Drinking one now and it SUCKS. How Heineken puts their name on this swill is mind boggling. Of course, their real beer is barely palatable. ????

OP DON'T waste your money. Just dumped it in the toilet. Never again.????

On 1/26/2022 at 5:04 PM, yeahbutif said:

Might seem a draft answer but why drink alcohol free beer.. might as well have a sprint or something.... Or is it the colour..to make it look cool.. .look at me drinking a pint...

OP shared the reason at the start of the thread.

Further, if it's personal choice for any reason or with no reason then it's personal choice, end of discussion.

I am in the USA when I am not in Thailand.

In 2016, I was traveled to Netherlands to visit my cousins. 

My cousin's husband works for Heineken.

We did a tour of the Heineken in Amsterdam and part of the tour you get a free beer afterwards near the gift shop.

He told me I should try the new Heineken 0.0 as it really good.

I asked him what was so special about it and he told me the serve it a 0 degrees, right at freezing so it is a really cold beer.

I never even thought he was playing a joke on me and ordered it and really liked it.

I ended up spending two weeks in the Netherlands drinking this "really cold" beer.  LOL

I never learned I was being punked until I returned to the USA and did research on the beer trying to find it.

It was a funny prank, but I am <deleted> I was finally able to travel to the Netherlands and was not even drinking real beer.

The no alcohol and antibiotics thing started with the army. Soldiers were among the first to get antibiotics to cure the clap. The no alcohol was just an add on punishment for them. Can't have sex and can't have a beer. 

Having a beer with a meal in the evening will have very little effect on the antibiotic.

There's a Korean drink called Hi-Lite, sold in a can, 0% alcohol. The initial taste is amazingly like beer, better I'd say than the average Chang or similar. Only the aftertaste is a bit odd, fruit- or herb-like.

Until a year ago I could find also a real good one, Asahi Point Zero, the japanese know their stuff. Sadly, no more at least where I shop.

When do you have to take your pills? If it's a couple of hours after the drink, I would not be worried to have a real beer, maybe not too strong.

It's a myth about antibiotics  and alcohol  with the exception  of Flagyl  which causes  a severe  reaction.  With most other ABs booze has a minor impact.  The story was  started by doctors in the 40s to stop service men with STIs drinking when being treated  with  Penicillin But if you want an excellent NAB the Heineken 0 is excellent  these days and tastes just the same as regular Heineken- dreadful...lol

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2022 at 5:57 PM, splodger said:

I'm on medication 

If I were to give up drinking alcohol, my beer lager substitute would be chilled soda water with ice and fresh squeezed lime juice. I often make this at home with lunch, or ask for the ingredients if eating out for lunch. There is nothing more refreshing and thirst-quenching in the Thai heat. It even gives you that bite in your throat like the first swallows of a freshly opened beer.

Edited by SunsetT

20 hours ago, SunsetT said:

If I were to give up drinking alcohol, my beer lager substitute would be chilled soda water with ice and fresh squeezed lime juice. I often make this at home with lunch, or ask for the ingredients if eating out for lunch. There is nothing more refreshing and thirst-quenching in the Thai heat. It even gives you that bite in your throat like the first swallows of a freshly opened beer.

I like to add a Lipo or M150 to soda, but it is charged as 2 drinks and now just what I have at home. Lime sounds good....

• Like 1

Alcohol-free beer is sold in the vegan butchery!

On a more serious note; why not give your body a break and go booze-free during your (hopefully limited) medical antibiotics treatment? 

As said, there is Heineken 0 and in the past you could get "Clausthaler" or "Veltins", both being German beers tasting like real beer without alcohol. Quaffable yet "uncheap" as this alcohol-free beer is taxed like any other imported beer. Reason is, that alcohol-free beer contains a minuscule fraction of alcohol in the 0.00000? percentage - so Somchai is taxing full steam!