Royal Thai Police to consider removing crosswalk at Kidney Institute Hospital following fatal road accident in Bangkok

webfact

On 1/27/2022 at 11:49 AM, Anant72 said:

It would be comical if it weren’t so tragic! It reminds of a Belgian joke: how many people do you need to change a bulb on a ceiling lamp? Answer 6: one holding the bulb and tive to move the chair around.

In the case of the offialdom so prominently depicted, the chaps with the really big caps have merely to hold the lightbulb up to the ceiling fitting, and the world will gently revolve around them!????

On 1/27/2022 at 1:17 PM, Boomer6969 said:

On thing I forgot to mention is that you don't overtake [should I mention undertaking as it could be seen as callous on this thread] when approaching or in an intersection. While this is absolute common sense for western road users it seems to be a totally out outlandish concept for the Thais.

I stopped to let an old boy carrying  a heavy load cross Soi Siam CC once and a motorbike shot past my inside and hit hm... got out of there fast.... have to learn new rules here!

On 1/29/2022 at 1:15 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No, the biggest problem is posters not being able to read.  From the article...

"For Bangkok, the official stated that crosswalk lights and CCTV cameras would be installed at crosswalks". 

If buzzards had radios there would be music in the air.

• Sad 1