Immigration seem to be deliberately making marriage extensions more difficult

19 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Which immigration office was this? Some IOs sure do seem to enjoy making life difficult for people, even the ones doing everything by the book and having everything in order. Either a power trip, xenophobia or they want to push you to bribing or using an agent to make things go smoother, who knows.

Is it any surprise with the comments on this forum.

Freedom of speech has never been free, but it is an unfortunate fact of life that the least vocal end up paying the price.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HarryWho said:

They didn't like my bank book statement copy because there were no recent transactions.  So, I did a small withdrawal, redid the copy, and returned

This is common at many offices CW being main example.

As for under consideration period.

Your extension final stamp was a formality.

If your application is accepted at local level then in future relax.

It's a done deal. 

• Like 1

I applied for 3rd marriage visa due to being locked in new zealand with work, the immigration officer did all paperwork, sorted through my unorganised folders. Which were not complete, signed a few papers. No house check no witness, passport stamped 2 weeks later ????????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You try it when its print your full name and then sign underneath 100 times ! total of 180 signatures last year !

Curved ball they threw me was they wanted previous passports and every page in them photicopied No mention of this 2 weeks prior when I checked what was needed this time !

He only mentioned signing one extra time...

I use an agent to facilitate w/paperwork - they prepare everything properly and I don't have to stress what color ink... and my agent can hit the curve. Minimal expense and no problems. 

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

He only mentioned signing one extra time...

I use an agent to facilitate w/paperwork - they prepare everything properly and I don't have to stress what color ink... and my agent can hit the curve. Minimal expense and no problems. 

I and my wife had to sign EVERYTHING again. I would never pay 20,000 baht for an agent. 

• Like 2

What questions do they ask of the witness?  Where I live there's 3 huge open fields surrounding me and I never interact with the Thais next door.  My wife said she can call a cousin or aunt to act as a witness, but I'm not sure immigration will accept them as a legit witness.  I was thinking of asking the nearby mom & pop shop to vouch for me (tipping them for their time) but it seems weird to call in someone I vaguely know to act as a witness for my marriage.

• Like 1