Immigration seem to be deliberately making marriage extensions more difficult

19 minutes ago, Wookie said:

We had countersigned all the necessary documents and photos but they brought them all back now with an immigration certification stamp on them so we had to re- sign them at the bottom of their stamp.

Chiang Mai do that as well.

And the blue ink trick (although it's only signatures if you push them a little)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bbko said:

I agree with the OP, In the past 15 years I've used both the marriage and retirement visa extension route, this year I did marriage at it was the most difficult to date.  My 4x6 photos (on photo paper) were too small, needed to be a full A-4 sheet for each, this year I needed to provide a witness even though the amphur paperwork says we're still married, the IO made a snide remark to my wife in Thai because a few of my papers weren't stacked identical to each other.  IO even went on to say in Thai to my wife "next year she won't be so nice".  They can try and make it difficult but so long as I meet all the requirements they can't deny my application. 

But next year I will go the retirement visa route, less hoops to jump through and less made up drama from the IO. 

Strange about them wanting a full A4 sheet for each photo. We took them like that as we did the previous year but this time they said no there have to be two photos on each A4 !

5 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Furthermore, last year we had to take two witnesses. The immigration officer also came to our house a week later and took several photos outside the front gate, outside the front door, in the kitchen, in the lounge and in the bedroom and then wanted petrol money. They are coming to do exactly the same this weekend!

Yeah I've heard the petrol thing a lot or lunch/dinner money. At least you're doing it legally and only have to deal with it once a year. Imagine the people who have to go every month or two months and deal with them.

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yeah I've heard the petrol thing a lot or lunch/dinner money. At least you're doing it legally and only have to deal with it once a year. Imagine the people who have to go every month or two months and deal with them.

Yes I could only suffer it once a year

17 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Strange about them wanting a full A4 sheet for each photo. We took them like that as we did the previous year but this time they said no there have to be two photos on each A4 !

At CW a few years ago we used to take loose photos to the immi office, the immi officer told us 2 photos per a4 sheet and she selected the ones she wanted and then we stuck them on the paper.

Now just routinely stick 2 photos on an A4 sheet for a total of 4 photos as they want.

21 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

1) Marriage extensions are more complicated than retirement extensions I am led to believe, therefore more work. They have to present to he dossiers upwards through several layers, and therefore if the paperwork is not to the liking of their seniors they cop the bollockings.

2) I think that the " fringe benefits" of dealing with an agent are more attractive?

Not complicated at all.

Its just some documents to provide.

35 minutes ago, bbko said:

I agree with the OP, In the past 15 years I've used both the marriage and retirement visa extension route, this year I did marriage at it was the most difficult to date.  My 4x6 photos (on photo paper) were too small, needed to be a full A-4 sheet for each, this year I needed to provide a witness even though the amphur paperwork says we're still married, the IO made a snide remark to my wife in Thai because a few of my papers weren't stacked identical to each other.  IO even went on to say in Thai to my wife "next year she won't be so nice".  They can try and make it difficult but so long as I meet all the requirements they can't deny my application. 

But next year I will go the retirement visa route, less hoops to jump through and less made up drama from the IO. 

That returning to ret.ext would be gladly welcomed by I.O. as it is less work for them and maybe now 800K for Thai bank to hold ...instead of 400k only short time .

They could see you had ret ext. before...so hence a firm push to that again 

• Like 1

I've been working for months to get approval for my extension on retirement out of Buriram Amphur. They sent me back to CW for another stamp. Off to US Embassy to stamp my Pass Port. Have Thai Birth Certificate and Thai PP for my son. Then wanted MORE documents translated! I am going around in circles. Asking for a child extension.

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

That returning to ret.ext would be gladly welcomed by I.O. as it is less work for them and maybe now 800K for Thai bank to hold ...instead of 400k only short time .

They could see you had ret ext. before...so hence a firm push to that again 

I keep 800,000 + baht in my account all the time anyway just in case there is a problem with the marriage extension

• Like 2

Just now, david555 said:

Smart move ...as in Thailand need plan B ....or even more capital letters  from the alphabet .....????

Not a smart move in my view.

With 800k in the bank you give them an opportunity to push you to a retirement extension.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lite Beer said:

Not a smart move in my view.

With 800k in the bank you give them an opportunity to push you to a retirement extension.

That is what i said ....but being able to counter them anyway and walk out with the desired ret .ext ..."the flash application " ????

• Confused 2