Is there a minimum amount of remaining time to expiry required for entry on valid 12 month extension of stay

For a Non-Imm O, with re-entry permit is there a required  number of minimum days until expiry? Assuming a further extension will be applied before expiry

As the other Visa on Arrival, Visa exempts are 15, 30 days (even though different visa class), just wondering if airlines or immigration would object if the amount of time remaining is less than this?

Advice welcome.

There is no minimum number of days to use a re-entry permit as long as it is done before it expires.

Of course you would not want to do so late that you did not have time to apply for anther extension.

I am aware of people entering with about 5 days remaining and then applying for their new extension.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

There is no minimum number of days to use a re-entry permit as long as it is done before it expires.

Of course you would not want to do so late that you did not have time to apply for anther extension.

I am aware of people entering with about 5 days remaining and then applying for their new extension.

Thank you Ubonjoe.....wonder if airlines will ask for ongoing flight ticket even  with valid re-entry permit?

1 hour ago, neytil said:

Thank you Ubonjoe.....wonder if airlines will ask for ongoing flight ticket even  with valid re-entry permit?

If you have a valid visa or re-entry permit a return or onward ticket is not required.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:15 AM, ubonjoe said:

In this case (5 days remaining) could one ask at the airport to be given 30 days visa-free instead of using the reentry permit? 

So, if for any reason refused extension,  one would have time to leave (or to apply for a new non-O)

2 hours ago, Lorry said:

In this case (5 days remaining) could one ask at the airport to be given 30 days visa-free instead of using the reentry permit? 

So, if for any reason refused extension,  one would have time to leave (or to apply for a new non-O)

If you got a 30 day visa exempt entry you would not be able to apply for your extension since you would no longer have a entry from a non-o visa needed to apply for a extension.

On 1/27/2022 at 1:17 PM, neytil said:

The answer is no, however I personally had an experience where I was flying Melbourne to Saigon and had a multi entry permit for Vietnam. 

The problem with airline in Melb (Jetstar) was that my 3 month visa for Vietnam only had 5 days validity.

They made me show onward flight to Thailand.

I would not be concerned however would go to departure airport with enough time to buy throw away or "rent a flight" if ran into an issue.