ThaiPass, OK, but what if?

If I read well, the process of applying for ThaiPass (which will resume on Feb. 1st) consists of FIRST buying INSURANCE (2000 Bahts in my case), then buy airfare (about 20000 Bahts in my case) and also book (and prepay) at least one night (or is it 7 nights for Sandbox?). After you paid for all this, then you can start the application.

BUT WHAT IF THEY SYSTEME DOES NOT DELIVER THE THAIPASS???

Please enlighten me if you can.

THANKS (much appreciated).

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need a confirmed flight to apply for a Thailand Pass. It is not asked for.

For the sandboxes a 7 day SHA++ hotel reservation is needed.

If you have every required for the Thailand Pass it will be approved. There lots of info on the site. https://tp.consular.go.th/

I applied in December just before they changed the rules.They needed my insurance company to change their format.By the time I got the amended documents they had shut down the website and phone lines and I could not submit the change in time. I tried again in January and this time paid an agent ฿3000, had the pass in five hours. Leave yourself lots of time.

t

59 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

I applied in December just before they changed the rules.They needed my insurance company to change their format.By the time I got the amended documents they had shut down the website and phone lines and I could not submit the change in time. I tried again in January and this time paid an agent ฿3000, had the pass in five hours. Leave yourself lots of time.

The Thailand Pass site has not been shut down for the sand boxes or quarantine hotel options. I was only closed for the Test & Go option.

• Like 2