Eighty percent agreed it is not worth traveling outside Thailand now

webfact

Actually, we did leave... last June, as cases were spiking and not a vial of vaccine to be found (and it was Sinovac, if you could find one.)  Been in Hawaii since then which is nice, but crazy expensive. Starting now to plan our return to LoS. Maybe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suetape said:

Enjoying Royal Caribbean cruses instead. 

Really?  Good luck.

Jan 13 2022 article:

A surge in Covid infections on cruise ships is causing mayhem across the industry, leaving passengers stranded aboard ships, exacerbating staff shortages and prompting the CDC to warn US passengers against all cruise travel.

The CDC director said this week that Covid cases have increased 30-fold in just two weeks. Every one of the nearly 100 cruise ships currently carrying passengers in US waters has reported enough Covid-19 cases to merit investigation by the CDC, according to the agency’s website.

• Like 2

I certainly don't relish sitting in a sealed metal container with hundreds of other people breathing the same air, who may or may not be infected with Delta for a total return journey of 2 x 16 hours sectors ....... and then dealing with the entry requirements for the return and perhaps finding out on day 5 some other passenger has passed along covid and then off to quarantine. You would need another holiday after that.

• Like 2

I agree that it is not worth leaving Thailand or leaving your home country to go to Thailand.

When this pandemic truly becomes an endemic, then it may be okay to travel, but that day is still

quite a while away.  Of course the flat earthers, and anti vaccinators and anti maskers will not have

the patience and want this pandemic to be gone today. Too bad for them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Not for me. My home in Farangland is Perth, WA, which is probably harder to get in and out of than North Korea. So I'll just wait it out until the WHO declares the pandemic over and both WA & Thailand relax all the tough rules & quarantine. And if that never happens then I guess I'm here until the day I kick the bucket.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Sorry, for me leaving would be a problem. I have nowhere to go in my former country (GerMoney) anyway, and as an orphan in GerMoney I would face immediate lockup in one of their care homes for the elderly (I'm 73 yo) Here in Pattaya everything is fine. 

good on you mate enjoy even with the problems we have here its still better than being in cold .. expensive Europe

• Like 1