Question about covid-19 insurance

Hey guys,

as per the recently updated the test and go plan, 

actually will apply for non-o (family) visa, and will stay 20-25 days then fly out, 

for the insurance coverage will book for 30 days, as sgiw here: https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

will this plan fit enough? or will follow the 90 days for non-o visa? if any idea please inform,

As mentioned, will stay less than a month, then will fly outside Thailand again, 

Thanks!

My understanding is that you only need the insurance coverage for the duration of your stay. Having it for longer may be a good idea, but that isn't necessarily the case. I bought AXA insurance for my family for 30 days. My wife tested positive the day before she was scheduled to return to the US. Her insurance expired midnight on the day she tested positive. She called the insurance company and they said she was covered. However, according to their documents, my understanding is that the insurance would expire before the next day and that she would be responsible for any expenses thereafter. The insurance company told her to contact one of the hospitals on the insurance company's list. Unfortunately, every hospital she contacted told her they were booked up and unable to accept her as a patient.

I only purchased this insurance because it was a requirement for my family to travel to Thailand, so I wasn't surprised or upset that the insurance wasn't going to help in my wife's situation. Fortunately, my wife is Thai, and she has a niece who is a medical intern working in Bangkok and her niece arranged for my wife to be treated at a quarantine hotel - all expenses paid by the Thai government. My wife told me only people with a relationship to the doctor overseeing that quarantine hotel know to request access to it.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 6:33 PM, donx said:

My understanding is that you only need the insurance coverage for the duration of your stay. Having it for longer may be a good idea, but that isn't necessarily the case. I bought AXA insurance for my family for 30 days. My wife tested positive the day before she was scheduled to return to the US. Her insurance expired midnight on the day she tested positive. She called the insurance company and they said she was covered. However, according to their documents, my understanding is that the insurance would expire before the next day and that she would be responsible for any expenses thereafter. The insurance company told her to contact one of the hospitals on the insurance company's list. Unfortunately, every hospital she contacted told her they were booked up and unable to accept her as a patient.

I only purchased this insurance because it was a requirement for my family to travel to Thailand, so I wasn't surprised or upset that the insurance wasn't going to help in my wife's situation. Fortunately, my wife is Thai, and she has a niece who is a medical intern working in Bangkok and her niece arranged for my wife to be treated at a quarantine hotel - all expenses paid by the Thai government. My wife told me only people with a relationship to the doctor overseeing that quarantine hotel know to request access to it.

I am seeing in the news that the UK is lifting all these so-called covid restrictions, compulsory wearking masks, working from home and such things, and many places, Turkey fpr example anyone can travel freely,, do shopping, or whatever, 

Thailand keep these so-called booking at hotels , 2 x PCR tests, etc,, it's ONLY about milking some income for the broken hotels, nothing else, 

Read the reviews of the so-called AQ hotels, all these supposed to be quarintined people taking there meals in an open buffet,, massage parlors are busy working etc,,,

they are just taking advantage for sucking some extra money regardless anything esle, this is the big  and clear picture of the situation, and chatging it at the top extreme expensive,, 1 night at 3900 THB is the cheapest option??? and many reviewers saying many negative points about poor internet speed, etc,,

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 12:58 AM, ubonjoe said:

Where are you applying for the non-o visa at?

Thirty days of insurance will be accepted to get your Thailand Pass.

Hey big brother ubonjoe! will apply for non-o from Morocco or maybe from Turkey,

However, I am not in hurry to apply these days, will wait till the 3rd week of Feb or till March,  

Normally with non-o stamp will get 3 months, but I will not stay longer just to see the kids for 20 about days then fly away again, but not sure if they will say that Non-o will get a 90 days visa,, and this need to apply for 90 days insurance, this is the unclear point I have, however not in hurry or willing to pay extra for nothing, 

6 hours ago, lexlam said:

Normally with non-o stamp will get 3 months, but I will not stay longer just to see the kids for 20 about days then fly away again, but not sure if they will say that Non-o will get a 90 days visa,, and this need to apply for 90 days insurance, this is the unclear point I have, however not in hurry or willing to pay extra for nothing, 

If you are from a country that qualifies for a 30 day visa exempt entry entering you would not need a non-o visa for 20 day stay. If not visa exempt a then tourist visa would be a option.

You cannot pick and choose where you want to apply for a visa. You have to be a citizen or legal resident to apply at the majority of embassies and official consulates now or at the designated one for the country you are in.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are from a country that qualifies for a 30 day visa exempt entry entering you would not need a non-o visa for 20 day stay. If not visa exempt a then tourist visa would be a option.

You cannot pick and choose where you want to apply for a visa. You have to be a citizen or legal resident to apply at the majority of embassies and official consulates now or at the designated one for the country you are in.

Will apply for Non-O, no need tourist or any other type, 

I used to apply for non-o dozens of times from Malaysis, Cambodia, Vietnam, etc,,

However, just to confirm the 30 days insurance is the best fit option for the purpose of staying less than a month, that's all, 

8 hours ago, lexlam said:

I used to apply for non-o dozens of times from Malaysis, Cambodia, Vietnam, etc,,

Not the same since they are near Thailand and you were probably residing in Thailand.

Check a few embassy websites in Europe and the locations you mentioned and you find the they you to be a resident in the country's where you apply or a country that is under their jurisdiction.

However, just to confirm the 30 days insurance is the best fit option for the purpose of staying less than a month, that's all, 

You can use proof of only 30 days of the $50,000 insurance required for entry.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 1:42 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not the same since they are near Thailand and you were probably residing in Thailand.

Check a few embassy websites in Europe and the locations you mentioned and you find the they you to be a resident in the country's where you apply or a country that is under their jurisdiction.

You can use proof of only 30 days of the $50,000 insurance required for entry.

Thanks brother, this cleared now, but as the itinerary plan will remain some period of time aroud 20 days then fly outside Thailand for a couple of weeks, then return back, for this case can apply for a re-entery stamp or just have to start the same process again? 

Thanks brother, this cleared now, but as the itinerary plan will remain some period of time aroud 20 days then fly outside Thailand for a couple of weeks, then return back, for this case can apply for a re-entery stamp or just have to start the same process again? 

You can apply for a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of your 90 day stay valid when using it to enter the country.

A single re-entry permit is 1000 baht.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 7:42 AM, ubonjoe said:

So, if I let my OA lapse while I am in Paris, and have no proof of residence in France as I have been in Thailand for years, my only option is to return visa exempt and apply for Non-O for marriage in Thailand? Not so bad and probably better insurance wise, but just good to know.

On 2/4/2022 at 1:25 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of your 90 day stay valid when using it to enter the country.

A single re-entry permit is 1000 baht.

Yes, that's correct, but what I meant is about the other requirements of test & go package items,  covid-19 insurance, these will be paid again with the re-entry?