74-year-old man seriously injured after being hit by a motorbike while crossing the road under a pedestrian bridge in Chonburi

webfact

I see many people dashing across a highway with heavy traffic in Thailand even though there is a bridge nearby and/or traffic lights nearby.

Thai people have no sense of safety and convenience is utmost for them.

Not many Thai people like to use the pedestrian bridge and the government should really think of having an electric escalators up instead of forcing people to climb up and down the stairs.

Without escalators , it is a waste of public funds.

Edited by EricTh

On 1/29/2022 at 9:52 AM, Moonlover said:

Land Traffic Act Title 3 - Section 32

The driver shall be careful not to hit pedestrians and may use the horn if necessary. The driver shall be especially careful with children, elderly persons and disabled persons.

There is no qualifying when or where the driver shall be careful. 

Always and everywhere!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EricTh said:

I see many people dashing across a highway with heavy traffic in Thailand even though there is a bridge nearby and/or traffic lights nearby.

Thai people have no sense of safety and convenience is utmost for them.

Not many Thai people like to use the pedestrian bridge and the government should really think of having an electric escalators up instead of forcing people to climb up and down the stairs.

Without escalators , it is a waste of public funds.

They would fall into disrepair and remain out of order.... that is the way here. I often wonder if the lift still works in the one over Sukhumvit near The Father Ray premises. 

While we're on the subject of elderly guys and dangerous acts on busy Thailand roads.

I'm seeing heaps of elderly foreigners riding mobility scooters on busy roads. These guys sit well below safe visable height, some use a small flag but this is not the solution. 

I don't see the Thais doing this, maybe more sensible. 

Bloody dangerous

Take care fellas 

42 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm seeing heaps of elderly foreigners riding mobility scooters on busy roads. These guys sit well below safe visable height, some use a small flag but this is not the solution. 

Are they really any lower than a 4ft 6 Thai girl on a Fino?

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes they sit much lower.

But it's their slow speed that's a bigger danger, too slow for busy roads. 

The slower you go, the less chance of an accident....  well you might create a few, but not get involved. 

Are they any slower than a samlor with attached kitchen?  Saw an electric wheelchair type thing on 3rd Rd yesterday. moving along quite well actually. 

On 1/29/2022 at 1:29 AM, ezzra said:

Can someone explain to me why this story get attention when hundreds of similar and worse accidents happening everyday all over Thailand?...

Purely because people getting hit crossing the road is a thing at the moment and certain ‘politicians’ want to be seen to care. With all the press of late, they make it seem like it’s new and getting worse when in reality it’s always been the same.