Will no one in Thailand take responsibility for my sister? Woman in plea after BTS broken leg

webfact

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

An elder sister in Bangkok went on Thai social media to say that no one was taking responsibility for her younger sister's terrible accident on the BTS Sky Walk at Victory Monument. 

Priyapath Doungmak's sibling put her foot in a drain and suffered a broken right leg.

Her left leg was also damaged. 

It happened in the busy area at the start of Wednesday's rush hour. 

The victim was currently awaiting surgery at Phayathai 2 Hospital nearby, reported Thai Rath.

But attempts to find out who was responsible for the area of the accident proved fruitless.

Everyone was passing the buck leaving Priyapath in despair about who to contact.

The BTS authority said it was not their responsibility.

Phayathai district told her it was Ratchathewi district's patch.

Then Ratchathewi said, no, it was not them but the BTS who was responsible.

This left netizens commenting in droves. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-29

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nobody is ever responsible for anything. I thought every Thai person knows this.

Definite need for improvement in Thailand for taking responsibility for bad maintenance of public areas . 

• Like 2

In fact easy question who is the owner of the skywalk??? The owner is responsible for the safety and mantainance of the skywalk..On the other hand as already in several posts.. She should pay attention were she was walking. Danger is everywhere....and nowhere safe..examples more over this week

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nobody is ever responsible for anything. I thought every Thai person knows this.

i rented a room once.  the door knob broke.  owner made me pay for it. said i broke it.  how about a knob on a sink if it broke do i pay?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Were there a shred of decency at the hospital, they would be more concerned right now on operating on the leg, and worrying about who was going to pay the bill later.

There was no report in the OP of delay because of uncertainty about "who was going to pay the bill".  The article simply said that [at the time it was written] she was waiting for surgery.

"...clearly one of them is responsible for the station being safe".

The accident happened on the walkway, not the station, didn't it?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

8 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

In fact easy question who is the owner of the skywalk??? The owner is responsible for the safety and mantainance of the skywalk..On the other hand as already in several posts.. She should pay attention were she was walking. Danger is everywhere....and nowhere safe..examples more over this week

The BMA is the owner of the Skywalk and is responsible for cleaning and maintenance of the Skywalk which most people use to cross to the various bus zones around Victory. The division between both districts is on the north side of Victory at the klong  (Phaya Thai rd ends at the south end of Victory and Phahayothin rd begins on the north side).

From memory, the division line between districts is the south side of the klong. If that is correct, then it will definately be in Ratchathewi district as 100% of the Skywalk is south of the klong. BMA paying regardless.

Were there a shred of decency at the hospital, they would be more concerned right now on operating on the leg, and worrying about who was going to pay the bill later. Utter disgrace that neither BTS, who you would think should be responsible, or the area districts can deny responsibility when clearly one of them is responsible for the station being safe.

Nothing to do with the BTS. As the article made clear, it occured on the Skywalk. No mention of the station.

• Like 2

Were there a shred of decency at the hospital, they would be more concerned right now on operating on the leg, and worrying about who was going to pay the bill later.

BTS has confirmed that it is taking responsibility for the care of the woman...

https://thairath.co.th/news/society/2300132

"BTS explains the case of a girl tripping over the stairs and falling down drainage battens Willing to take good care of the injured [girl]..."

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1