Will no one in Thailand take responsibility for my sister? Woman in plea after BTS broken leg

webfact

God forbid this country becomes as litigious as the Uk or even worse the US. Friend of mine back in the UK wanted to sue the local council because he tripped over a tree root in the pavement. He had lived in the area for 25 years and the tree looked like it had been there 125 years.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, mancub said:

Difficult to prove a "likelihood" !

But so easy to make the accusation based on nothing eh…

Edited by Bluespunk
Removed likely reason for baseless accusation made by first poster quoted

22 minutes ago, DaLa said:

God forbid this country becomes as litigious as the Uk or even worse the US. Friend of mine back in the UK wanted to sue the local council because he tripped over a tree root in the pavement. He had lived in the area for 25 years and the tree looked like it had been there 125 years.

I agree with your comment but the sad thing is you need litigation to have authorities do what is expected of them .

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So where is your proof then? 

Were you at the scene at the time it happened? Did you actually see it happen? Or is it just your thought or your opinion?

So, ok you want to blame the drain system, or maybe even an uncovered hole? Good luck with that! It´s still she that has to look out for where she walk.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

i rented a room once.  the door knob broke.  owner made me pay for it. said i broke it.  how about a knob on a sink if it broke do i pay?

Yea for sure. If it breaks while you rent the place it's yours to break and replace.

8 hours ago, Lakegeneve said:

Nothing to do with the BTS. As the article made clear, it occured on the Skywalk. No mention of the station.

You state it has nothing to do with the BTS as a fact. Can you back that up? Some are saying the BTS owns the skywalk below its tracks and attached to its columns, so are you sure it has nothing to do with the BTS? Hmm?

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You state it has nothing to do with the BTS as a fact. Can you back that up? Some are saying the BTS owns the skywalk below its tracks and attached to its columns, so are you sure it has nothing to do with the BTS? Hmm?

Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a long disclaimer pertaining to the use of the BTS. 

Taking responsibility is a man's game. It requires a fair amount of adulthood, self esteem, and sense of fair play. It is just not something we see a lot here. A societal weakness? Passing the buck seems to be a Thai specialty. And there are not many safeguards in place when in comes to public safety here. When you leave the relative safety of your home, you are taking chances, and putting yourself at risk. It is survival of the fittest out there. The sidewalks have always been a hazard, as well as the roads, whether you are driving, or walking. 

Asking people, or an agency here, to take responsibility for the hazards they may be responsible for seems to be a bit much to ask. It may be their ethical, moral, or legal obligation. But, that does not mean a lot, when there is little power of enforcement, for us lowborn proletarians. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, digger70 said:

Yea for sure. If it breaks while you rent the place it's yours to break and replace.

even if the door knob was 10 years old? i think it might break with every guest .its a gold mine idea.  just make items in room ready to break before check in

• Haha 1

Ya, welcome to the LOS and LONR (No Responsibility), it's difficult in the majority of cases to find anyone here that accepts responsibility for any adverse actions unless shamed or dragged kicking and screaming.

My experience with over 40 years of working and living now here is it's a complete loss of face to admit "Ya it's me that's responsible" by Thais.

So like most, just suck it up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2022 at 6:02 PM, billd766 said:

I am not blaming anyone. You are.

You are saying that it was her fault for not looking.

So please answer my simple questions.

Were you at the scene at the time it happened? Did you actually see it happen? Or is it just your thought or your opinion?

No, I was not there. No I did not see. Sure, then we have 2 different scenarios. 

1. Se did not look where she was walking.
2. Too much people, so that she was pushed and hurt herself.

Neither of those can make other organizations or authorities responsible.

• Sad 2