Young man "with well known surname" kills road worker on expressway in Bangkok - breath test ordered

webfact

2pm44.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported on an accident on the Chalerm Mahanakhon expressway in the Klong Toei area of Bangkok heading towards Dao Khanong on Sunday morning.

Expressway police found a Land Rover with its front smashed. Fifty meters away police found an adapted tractor type vehicle completely destroyed.

Thirty three year old Ekachai from Sa Kaeo - described as a road cleaner - had a broken arm and neck and was dead.

He was wearing a high visibility jacket.

Another man who had been sitting on the tractor vehicle was rushed to hospital with serious injuries. 

7ae78c736a5384eef5cc3b4705b5ec04b660b375e52bdaf073d9d8b85d4d96cb.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

The 22 year old driver of the Land Rover suffered only minor injuries. 

Another road worker called Anusorn who saw what happened said that a team had been doing road resurfacing and only one lane was open.

At about 1 am the Land Rover cut in front of a truck trailer going at least 100 kmph and hit the workers' vehicle.

The driver was thrown out 20 meters. 

Siam Rath said that the driver of the Land Rover has the same surname as the owner of a department store at Victory Monument.

He was taken away by police but complained of injuries so was taken to hospital where a breath test was performed. 

Results were being assessed.

He had not been breath tested by the police asking instead that he remain in the hospital. 

He was not named. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-31

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 7

Hopefully not another na Ayutthaya?

There were videos on site, but the driver was blurred while leaning against another vehicle working his phone.

There is this stretch between Rama 4 and the BTS where super- and hyper-cars stretch out in the early AM. They installed some rumble strips, but not certain those slow anyone down? I live nearby and can guess some quite highspeeds based on the Doppler shift.

Should be easy enough to identify, just scrape social media for a new Rover with plate 333.

From the investigation, it was found that Mr. Sornwee, the car driver, had the same last name as the owner of a famous department store in the Victory Monument area. 

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/sad-young-man-with-a-famous-surname-driving-a-luxury-car-crashes-into-a-worker-scraping-the-surface-of-the-traffic-1-dead-1-serious/

• Like 2

Not blaming the Range Rover driver… but how well lit are these road works ? 

A couple of weeks ago it was a motorcyclist riding into road works. 

In the past I’ve nearly been caught out & really try to avoid driving outside of the city or in poorly lit areas at night. 

Range Rover driver speeding, avoiding police drug test…   We all know what’s going on here. 

Bribing hospice to create fake results ???? 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Geoffggi said:

The young driver reeked of alcohol, said the media. - This being the case he should have received a blood test immediately 

I agree then again seems his family has influence in the society might explain why not !

• Like 2

The BKK hi-sos strike again. I certainly don't miss the pompous private school where I once taught some of them. Ridiculous arrogance. Set for life, no matter their attitudes and work ethic.

I never got the "Do you know who I am?" though it was definitely implied. Parents would get notebooks and stationery, then give it to their kids to use and flash at school. Lot of big, famous companies, multinationals, banks.

One of the main reasons I left BKK and would never work there again. Nice for a holiday tho. I do miss the pubs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

He was taken away by police but complained of injuries so was taken to hospital where a breath test was performed. -

Why not a blood test?

Results were being assessed. -

We all know what this means

He had not been breath tested by the police asking instead that he remain in the hospital. -

Expand  

Police need to contact Daddy first maybe

The linked article actually states that a blood test would be undertaken at the hospital, it does not state that just a breath test would be done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

I regularly drive on Bangkok expressways, and I have to say that in my own experience, the layout and signage for temporary road works is nearly always grossly insufficient.

We're assuming that you haven't crashed into anything, nor killed anyone to date? Right? So you've managed.

Probably because you drive according to the conditions, exercise caution, think ahead, are aware of the situation, always have an option, drive sober, and do not attempt to level up on Candy Crush while driving.

I'm guessing 22 YO Sornwee HiSo did none of these things. Well, besides the game of course.

• Like 1