Test and Go version 2

Alidiver

With immigration normally counting the arrival day as part of our stay, does anyone have any ideas what the 5 days are for the second SHA+?
If I arrive on the 10th Feb, do I book my second SHA+ for the 14th, 15th or 16th of Feb?

13 minutes ago, Alidiver said:

With immigration normally counting the arrival day as part of our stay, does anyone have any ideas what the 5 days are for the second SHA+?
If I arrive on the 10th Feb, do I book my second SHA+ for the 14th, 15th or 16th of Feb?

A good question...  Similar questions have been asked since the very onset of quarantine with the Thai authorities every catching onto the fact that the information they put out there is just vague !!...

In this case I would ‘guess’....  that the arrival day counts as ‘Day 1'

Thus: 

10th Feb - Day 1 - Arrival / SHA+ Plus Hotel Check-in / PCR Test Day

11th Feb - Day 2 - Check-out day

12th Feb - Day 3

13th Feb - Day 4

15th Feb - Day 5 - SHA+ Plus Hotel Check-in / PCR Test Day

16th Feb - Check-out day

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, treetops said:
39 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thus: 

12th Feb - Day 3

13th Feb - Day 4

16th Feb - Check-out day

Expand  

What happened to the 14th? ????

Ooops....  flipper error... 

12th Feb - Day 3

13th Feb - Day 4

14th Feb - Day 5 - SHA+ Plus Hotel Check-in / PCR Test Day

15th Feb - Check-out day

How about a scenario where the person arrives at 1150 pm, so hotel check in would be sometime around 1 to 2am.... Since it sounds like everyone is gonna do a drive by PCR test, i assume we will be at the hotel around 3am lol.... so is that day one, I would assume... Also, whats everyones thoughts on two person staying in same room who arrived at same time, but not from same place.. im meeting the Filipina Gf and we arrive within 30 mins of eachother.. i never assume things when it comes to thailand ways, but did anyone who went through test and go version 1 do this?   Thanks, Tex

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A good question...  Similar questions have been asked since the very onset of quarantine with the Thai authorities every catching onto the fact that the information they put out there is just vague !!...

Thus: 

12th Feb - Day 3

13th Feb - Day 4

16th Feb - Check-out day

Why the heck is one free to go day 3 & 4 ? To pick up the virus in Thailand  then hotels and hospitals get rich off of us

• Like 2

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thus: 

12th Feb - Day 3

13th Feb - Day 4

16th Feb - Check-out day

I have just completed the 7 day ASQ quarantine, and it is actually 7 nights or 8 days.

2 hours ago, Ste78 said:

but is people free to go to restaurant or even out?

during my quarantine last year, I had the package with all meals, but now nobody talks about first dinner

On the Day 1... I think there will be follow on from the original Test & Go regulations. 

i.e. Airport Pickup - taken to hotel - PCR tested (either on the way or at the hotel) have to stay at the hotel until a negative result is secured. 

On the Day 5... I think this is more to do with ‘tracking positive cases’... i.e. the government are frightened that if people just test wherever they are on day 5 and there is a positive case they may not be able to be located.. 

Thus - the responsibility of officials has been palmed off on the hotel - I expect some utterly dumb regulations...

Been free to walk around Thailand, then on day 5 day a PCR test and are suddenly ‘forced’ into isolation in a hotel room !!!...   Utter madness. 

7 hours ago, texxxan1 said:

How about a scenario where the person arrives at 1150 pm, so hotel check in would be sometime around 1 to 2am.... Since it sounds like everyone is gonna do a drive by PCR test, i assume we will be at the hotel around 3am lol.... so is that day one, I would assume... Also, whats everyones thoughts on two person staying in same room who arrived at same time, but not from same place.. im meeting the Filipina Gf and we arrive within 30 mins of eachother.. i never assume things when it comes to Thailand ways, but did anyone who went through test and go version 1 do this?   Thanks, Tex

Pre-Covid my flight was "scheduled" to arrive 1130PM but those flights in past, always late. Actual arrival time ~1:20AM, but IO stamped me in as if arriving @1130PM the previous day possible he forgot to roll his old-style stamp at midnight, who knows!! However there was also an automated time-stamp, with the correct time/date. Upon going through exit immigration, this person sent me to the supervisor, who upon reviewing the discrepancy, just chuckled, and said "have a nice trip", and I said, "thank you, see you next year".

23 hours ago, arithai12 said:

So what do you suggest? Arrive in Thailand and stay under quarantine until day of departure?

With Omicron so highly transmissable, and cases every day around 8,000 (probably more), you might well do better to stay in your hotel/at home isolating from days 1-5, rather than risking a +tive result after the second PCR, and being forced into quarantine for 10 days at a hospital or hospitel, covered or not covered by insurance.

Once again, not worth the risk of coming to Thailand under these circumstances, unless you live here, and have time on your side, and can afford to pay for uncovered hospital/tel stays.

On 2/1/2022 at 9:29 AM, Alidiver said:

Thanks Richard,  I think the same. 

It's a bit of a nuisance as I have to book two different hotels and risk the (dodgy) test result from day 1. 

different hotels,  false positives,   anyone who risks this has to be barking mad imo.